Dear Canadians

KG

Sep 23, 2010
HBK's, Mosbey's, and others support of our team in the face of constant relocation, despite not living in Arizona, got me thinking. To the Canadian Coyotes fans, how did you guys become fans of the team?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
HBK's, Mosbey's, and others support of our team in the face of constant relocation, despite not living in Arizona, got me thinking. To the Canadian Coyotes fans, how did you guys become fans of the team?

Grew up in Wpg but was a huge fan of draft/prospect watching so easy to follow team south. Able to watch all games on TV for a lot less than I was paying for season tickets.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Grew up a Leafs fan (yuck), got tired of the continued mismangement, annoying fans, annoying media, etc. That extended to the Canadian/Toronto media slant on the Coyotes' ownership situation. Started keeping a closer eye on the Coyotes and the 2012 playoff run pulled me in for good.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
My dad always had season tickets to the Jets games, usually took me or my brother. The first year or two in the desert the game broadcasts were picked up by a Winnipeg station so I'd listen in bed. Years passed and they were still my team. Eventually I found HF and that became my medium of choice for following the team.

Enjoy what you have and show them your support.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Been a fan since the WHA days (Avco Cup champs ;)) and followed the Jets when I moved to another province. I contemplated switching allegiances when the team moved south but just couldn't do it. The web has certainly simplified keeping up to speed with the team.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
Hawerchuck drew me to the jets and I always wanted to cheer against the Oilers. When they moved to Arizona, nothing changed for me. I still cheer for them and hope to one day retire in Phoenix area. Still years away but a dream to hold on to. As a side note, though I have never been to Arizona, from pictures, it is one of the neatest places I have ever seen. I want to see it with my own eyes some day.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Hawerchuck drew me to the jets and I always wanted to cheer against the Oilers. When they moved to Arizona, nothing changed for me. I still cheer for them and hope to one day retire in Phoenix area. Still years away but a dream to hold on to. As a side note, though I have never been to Arizona, from pictures, it is one of the neatest places I have ever seen. I want to see it with my own eyes some day.

Let me know if you come to a game - I'll wear my Ducky sweater in solidarity!

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Canadians love the underdog. It comes from living next-door to the Americans.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
the Jets farm team used to be here when I was a kid, so I was always a big Jets fan because I got to watch a lot of players go up and down through the system. When the Jets moved I stuck with them.

We have a junior team now so there's no ties to the Yotes but there's still some players in the system that came from the Wildcats - Yandle, Gormley, Melindy, Domingue. Tordjman and Kalinin both played junior here as well, so it's fun to follow those guys as well. There may be others I am forgetting.

Matzel

Jul 26, 2003
Used to live in MB and watched a good many Jets games at the old Winnipeg Arena. Was in attendance when Teemu Selanne smashed Bossi's record.

Briefly contemplated becoming a fan of another team during the Jets' lame duck season... but ultimately the love for *this* franchise proved too strong.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I was living in Edmonton when Hawerchuk played for the Jets. I still think he was the second best forward to play the game after TGO. Those two teams had some fantastic playoff series.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Lived in Az for 8 years. Just my adopted team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad