Recalled/Assigned: DeAngelo and Dauphin Assigned to Tucson - Perlini called up

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I don't think it matters, honestly, because several of us who are or have been STH have expressed opinions - having seen the games in person and at length - that you have still pooh-poohed because they don't line up in lockstep with whatever the coaching staff is doing or saying.

At some point you just need to admit that you're toeing the party line. :D

The game is fast and assignments are fluid. You really can't enjoy the game by watching and analyzing one player and what he does without the puck because mostly we watch the puck. Game film later is where you can look at one specific player and what he does or does not do. The coaches have a great view of the ice and can see it more clearly but still use lots of film.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The game is fast and assignments are fluid. You really can't enjoy the game by watching and analyzing one player and what he does without the puck because mostly we watch the puck. Game film later is where you can look at one specific player and what he does or does not do. The coaches have a great view of the ice and can see it more clearly but still use lots of film.

The general progression here is kind of amusing... first, it's that watching on TV is not enough, you have to watch it live; then, it's not enough to watch it live because you have to watch game film; I'm guessing the next step is if we watch game film (i.e. replays), we'll have to have played or coached the game at the NHL level to understand it all properly. It's all a matter of authority bias, isn't it? It's not enough to have disagreement of opinion - it's turning into an argument about whether we're ALLOWED to have opinions in the first place.

TL;DR - I don't care if someone disagrees with me. The exchange of conflicting ideas is how actual progress is made. I do object to the general impetus towards stratifying the discussion into some hackneyed class system where only a subset of opinions are considered valid.

(PS - not directed at you specifically - just in the general mise en scene of F40 lately)

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
"Maybe if you watched the games, you wouldn't make such an ignorant post."

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Concerned fantasy owner of DeAngelo here. What the heck happened? The kid seemed to be tearing it up. Will he be down there for long or should I keep him on my bench for the time being?(My league is 16 teams/25 players deep (4/4/4 C/LW/RW 6D 1G 4 bench)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Concerned fantasy owner of DeAngelo here. What the heck happened? The kid seemed to be tearing it up. Will he be down there for long or should I keep him on my bench for the time being?(My league is 16 teams/25 players deep (4/4/4 C/LW/RW 6D 1G 4 bench)

Dave Tippett happened. Your guess is as good as ours.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I disagree. His positioning and awareness away from the puck don't seem up to snuff to me. If he's on the puck carrier, or if he is in the O zone, he's fine.

I went back and starting watching the recordings of games I saw in the arena. He isn't as good (yet) as I thought he was. I went back to look at DeAngelo and Duclair.
I don't get Duclair at all, buy the way. I don't think that he's loafing, but wonder if he needs glasses.

Yet your opinion before the demotion was different. Curious.

I changed my mind based upon what I saw. I'm allowed.

Would you like me to link you to a post where you said exactly the opposite of this, literally a few days before he got demoted?

If you get off on that, sure, I'll try anything once.

Maybe in your eyes, but not the professionals.

I'm no professional, but I agree with Jakey that DeAngelo wasn't as good as advertised, despite the points.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I do object to the general impetus towards stratifying the discussion into some hackneyed class system where only a subset of opinions are considered valid.

Here! Here!

From now on, I will provide a great amount of detail in my posts to provide other posters a better feel for the circumstances I am basing my opinions:

While watching the December 6th, 2016 Arizona Coyotes @ Chicago Blackhawks on a 48" Screen Television, from approximately 15 feet away in my 72 degree living room and 5 mph winds along with intermittent rain, and after working for around 8.3 hours and functioning on only approximately 5 hours and 35 minutes of sleep, shortly after consuming my leftover pepperoni pizza, heated up on my Pizzazz with a touch of extra mozzarella cheese and a light sprinkling of Italian seasoning accompanied by a chilled hopfenweizen, I turned on my NHL.TV and selected the Blackhawk feed due to occasional lapses and buffering in the Coyotes feed, I noticed Perlini made a slight error as he skated towards the opposing net

:laugh:

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
Here! Here!

From now on, I will provide a great amount of detail in my posts to provide other posters a better feel for the circumstances I am basing my opinions:

While watching the December 6th, 2016 Arizona Coyotes @ Chicago Blackhawks on a 48" Screen Television, from approximately 15 feet away in my 72 degree living room and 5 mph winds along with intermittent rain, and after working for around 8.3 hours and functioning on only approximately 5 hours and 35 minutes of sleep, shortly after consuming my leftover pepperoni pizza, heated up on my Pizzazz with a touch of extra mozzarella cheese and a light sprinkling of Italian seasoning accompanied by a chilled hopfenweizen, I turned on my NHL.TV and selected the Blackhawk feed due to occasional lapses and buffering in the Coyotes feed, I noticed Perlini made a slight error as he skated towards the opposing net

Obviously, you're not a REAL fan because it's only a 48" TV and you never mentioned wearing Coyotes apparel from head to toes. I shall forever disregard your pathetic "insight." Thanks for wasting all of my professional NHL time. :sarcasm:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Watching on less than 55"? You don't see the whole game. Opinion Invalid.
You drank some beer, it clouds your judgment. Invalid.
You ordered pizza not good enough to be eaten cold, demonstrating poor judgment. Invalid.
At no point did you mention that you played the game or are a STH. Invalid.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
The sad thing is that I lied about the size of my television; I think it's actually a 36"

Read into that as you will :sarcasm:

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Obviously, you're not a REAL fan because it's only a 48" TV and you never mentioned wearing Coyotes apparel from head to toes. I shall forever disregard your pathetic "insight." Thanks for wasting all of my professional NHL time. :sarcasm:

Damn, I knew I forgot a detail (clothing). Charcoal-colored sweats and an orange-colored one-pocket t-shirt (you never know if hunters are around)

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
And you dare call yourself a fan?! We'll accept your application, but I wouldn't expect a response or the right to an opinion anytime soon...

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
This thread stopped being about Brendan Perlini and went full potato two pages ago.

Everyone knows you never go full potato.

Y'all went full potato, man.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles

Dave Tippet. That fossil has no tolerance for young players' mistakes.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Anyone know how DeAngelo is playing in Tucson? I'm hoping that he gets recalled soon. Hopefully playing the system at a lower level has given him the ,more complete game that the Coyotes wanted. Tippett says that he saw the "compete" last night. Now for a spark. Perhaps DeAngelo.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
The general progression here is kind of amusing... first, it's that watching on TV is not enough, you have to watch it live; then, it's not enough to watch it live because you have to watch game film; I'm guessing the next step is if we watch game film (i.e. replays), we'll have to have played or coached the game at the NHL level to understand it all properly. It's all a matter of authority bias, isn't it? It's not enough to have disagreement of opinion - it's turning into an argument about whether we're ALLOWED to have opinions in the first place.

TL;DR - I don't care if someone disagrees with me. The exchange of conflicting ideas is how actual progress is made. I do object to the general impetus towards stratifying the discussion into some hackneyed class system where only a subset of opinions are considered valid.

(PS - not directed at you specifically - just in the general mise en scene of F40 lately)

I too find this quite amusing. Mere mortals required to have played, coached, watch and re-watch games! :laugh:

Myself? I'm so in tune to this great game that I don't need to even watch, as what has happens on the ice and exactly why, comes to me as I slumber. In fact I can remember some of the great games of yesteryear, that were played as I spent my most comfortable days curled up in Mothers womb. ;)

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Myself? I'm so in tune to this great game that I don't need to even watch, as what has happens on the ice and exactly why, comes to me as I slumber. In fact I can remember some of the great games of yesteryear, that were played as I spent my most comfortable days curled up in Mothers womb. ;)

Did I forget to mention that I am Maurice Richard reincarnated? :D

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Anyone know how DeAngelo is playing in Tucson? I'm hoping that he gets recalled soon. Hopefully playing the system at a lower level has given him the ,more complete game that the Coyotes wanted. Tippett says that he saw the "compete" last night. Now for a spark. Perhaps DeAngelo.

Only one game since the demotion. No points, -1.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
He was not good on Wednesday. Giveaway in front of his own net - scoring chance, turned it over trying to hold the o-zone - breakaway... Took a ton of risks and lost, looked like he though he was better than the AHL and found out differently...

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
With Domi out, what a tremendous opportunity at LW for Perlini. I could see a Tobi Rieder situation here, where he plays well enough that we can't send him down.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Not sure how great the opportunity is for Perlini considering there is no centre to play with.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I disagree. His positioning and awareness away from the puck don't seem up to snuff to me.

Did you change your mind yet? Or do you think Tippett is rushing him with this recall since he's not up to snuff?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Did you change your mind yet? Or do you think Tippett is rushing him with this recall since he's not up to snuff?

Easy, Tiger. Tonight I saw one very good defensive play from DeAngelo but didn't see him caught out of position leading to a scoring threat. You must have been coaching him during his week in Tucson.:laugh:

He didn't play well prior to his demotion and that led to a number of scoring chances. Hope he keeps up his play like he did tonight. I'm rooting for the kid. I'm pleased that he's kept his mouth shut, anyway, and not become an off ice distraction.

#DelDislikesMe

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm just picking on you because you made yourself an easy target this time. ;) I've said plenty of things you can throw at me if I get too obnoxious. If the old board still lived, you could find my outraged posts about how we took Murphy instead of Namestinikov or Biggs. Or my love affair with Lauri Tukonen. Or how my top 3 in 2007 was JVR, Turris, Kane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->