Recalled/Assigned: DeAngelo and Dauphin Assigned to Tucson - Perlini called up

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Jakey has a very weird hate for Murphy. One day we'll find out why.

His play. Maybe because he is on the first pairing, where he has no business being there. I also don't see any progression in his game, and I believe OEL would be much better with a better partner.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Chances on DeAngelo spending most the season in Tucson?

He was a solid fantasy pick up, and I can afford to keep him on my bench if you think he will get called back up again for a good chunk of the season.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Chances on DeAngelo spending most the season in Tucson?

He was a solid fantasy pick up, and I can afford to keep him on my bench if you think he will get called back up again for a good chunk of the season.

Unless there's an injury or Stone gets moved I don't think DeAngelo will playing a lot of games in the NHL.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
Unless there's an injury or Stone gets moved I don't think DeAngelo will playing a lot of games in the NHL.

I have a hard time believing that anyone is incompetent enough to leave him in the AHL all season. Has Tippett ever specified as to why he was a liability? I know he was a little soft on the boards, but my god was he good at exiting the zone. I also think that one of the reasons he was moved out of Tampa was cause they weren't going to give him a shot in the NHL, and one of the reasons the Coyotes traded for him was because they were. Is that not true?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I have a hard time believing that anyone is incompetent enough to leave him in the AHL all season. Has Tippett ever specified as to why he was a liability? I know he was a little soft on the boards, but my god was he good at exiting the zone. I also think that one of the reasons he was moved out of Tampa was cause they weren't going to give him a shot in the NHL, and one of the reasons the Coyotes traded for him was because they were. Is that not true?

He hasn't been a liability in his own zone. Certainly not more than any other AZ D. They sent him down because our coach is a ****stick that can't coach anyone up at the NHL level. They probably thought he should sit out the next few games and meditate on his sins (like outscoring OEL), so they just sent him down to Tucson.

This isn't a meritocracy around here.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Murphy: 36 games in the AHL total (13 assists)
Michael Stone:157 games played in the AHL (3 stints, 11 goals, 46 assists)
Keith Yandle: 99 games played in the AHL (2 stints, 7 goals, 41 assists)
Tony D: 78 games in the AHL (2 stints, 7 goals, 43 assists)

Just raw offensive numbers and games played but interesting. DeAngelo has almost replicated Stone's points in half the amount of time (also meaning he has accomplished this at a younger age) and has already surpassed Yandle in less time.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

Just raw offensive numbers and games played but interesting. DeAngelo has almost replicated Stone's points in half the amount of time (also meaning he has accomplished this at a younger age) and has already surpassed Yandle in less time.

Murphy: .361 ppg
Michael Stone: .363 ppg
Keith Yandle: .484 ppg
Tony D: .641 ppg

Tony D scoring on a good clip down south

Will we see Wood this year?
Kyle Wood...16 pts in 16 games

Better scoring % than this guy...

OEL: 35 games played in the AHL (2 stints, 10 goals, 21 assists) .885 ppg

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I disagree. I think he will be back soon.

He has a lot or raw talent. He was sent down to work on his play away from the puck.

His skill is off the charts, no one is arguing that. When he adjusts his game away from the puck, look out.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He hasn't been a liability in his own zone. Certainly not more than any other AZ D. They sent him down because our coach is a ****stick that can't coach anyone up at the NHL level. They probably thought he should sit out the next few games and meditate on his sins (like outscoring OEL), so they just sent him down to Tucson.

This isn't a meritocracy around here.

On TV, you can only see the puck carrier as the TV crew follows the puck, and since you do not attend games, you can't see what else happens on the ice away from the puck and play. Maybe if you attend a game, you would look at his differently?

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
On TV, you can only see the puck carrier as the TV crew follows the puck, and since you do not attend games, you can't see what else happens on the ice away from the puck and play. Maybe if you attend a game, you would look at his differently?

Yep, even though it's improved over days gone by, tv still stinks for watching a game and seeing the big picture.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Aren't you in Pennsylvania? Apologies if I'm mistaken.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
TVs are the same in Pennsylvania...trust me...I've been there. :D

Same here, but that isn't what I'm focusing on.

This is what I am questioning. Seems like a bold statement from someone who may not live in AZ.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I attend games, and I would have to say that DeAngelo's defensive awareness looks fantastic.

I disagree. His positioning and awareness away from the puck don't seem up to snuff to me. If he's on the puck carrier, or if he is in the O zone, he's fine.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I disagree. His positioning and awareness away from the puck don't seem up to snuff to me. If he's on the puck carrier, or if he is in the O zone, he's fine.

Would you like me to link you to a post where you said exactly the opposite of this, literally a few days before he got demoted?

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I attend games, and I would have to say that DeAngelo's defensive awareness looks fantastic.

If that was the case, there is no way he would be sent to the AHL with his production. Do you guys think Tip is stupid or wants to lose? DeAngelo looks great with the puck, watch him without the puck.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If that was the case, there is no way he would be sent to the AHL with his production. Do you guys think Tip is stupid or wants to lose? DeAngelo looks great with the puck, watch him without the puck.

That is the problem with watching on TV and not attending a game. Total different perspective. You are forced to watch the play on TV, and you can not see all the ice and what happens away from the puck. NHL is a fast past game and it takes time to adjust, and DeAngelo has a ton on untapped talent. He will be back soon.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
That is the problem with watching on TV and not attending a game. Total different perspective. You are forced to watch the play on TV, and you can not see all the ice and what happens away from the puck. NHL is a fast past game and it takes time to adjust, and DeAngelo has a ton on untapped talent. He will be back soon.

Exactly. Most young players return to the AHL, and the good ones come back. He'll be back.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
That is the problem with watching on TV and not attending a game.

I don't think it matters, honestly, because several of us who are or have been STH have expressed opinions - having seen the games in person and at length - that you have still pooh-poohed because they don't line up in lockstep with whatever the coaching staff is doing or saying.

At some point you just need to admit that you're toeing the party line. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->