News Article: Dean Lombardi makes car noises

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
"Eer-eer-eer-eer"
-Dean Lombardi

If Voynov goes I have little doubt Dean will be able to sign Sekera like he did with Gaborik.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
"Eer-eer-eer-eer"
-Dean Lombardi

If Voynov goes I have little doubt Dean will be able to sign Sekera like he did with Gaborik.

I think that is something he'll strive for but it's not the same situation, this year the Kings have a lot of contracts to address and very little $$ and also the fact that what DL wants to offer may not be as much as other teams can. For example, Tampa Bay wanted both Franson and Sekera and didn't have issue with the 6M per year that is what they want going forward, they didn't want to give up a 1st round pick. So it's not to say signing him will be that easy, it depends on the CAP and the other contracts and also what another team might offer.

But I'm pretty sure, he figured on that and will try to get TT, TP, MJ, NS all signed. Beyond that, no much left, esp if the cap is below the current 71M projected.

Also, Gabby wasn't in the same position, he got a ton of $$ from his buyout, it wasn't about money and he's alot older. Sekera is only 28 so an LTC for what he feels he's worth ($$) will be an issue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad