Dean Kukan Discussion Thread

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
With Bobrosky Jones / Murray Savard / Wenenski Nuti/ Gavrikov we may have one of the best d cores in the game.. McQuad and Kukan - almost too good to keep them all. But - I don't like being practical when it comes to the CBJ.. keep them all.
McQuaid is a free agent and was only acquired to provide depth and experience for this year. He won't be here next year.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Dont forget Peeke is on his way up. Mcquaid will be gone he was a vet depth move but Z, Jones, Nuti, Gav, Sav, Murray, Kukan, Harry, and Peeke... the elder in that Crowd is what 27 or 28yo Savy? Let Harry be 7th while Kukan and Peeke start in the AHL and those other 6 run the league.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Dont forget Peeke is on his way up. Mcquaid will be gone he was a vet depth move but Z, Jones, Nuti, Gav, Sav, Murray, Kukan, Harry, and Peeke... the elder in that Crowd is what 27 or 28yo Savy? Let Harry be 7th while Kukan and Peeke start in the AHL and those other 6 run the league.

Harrington and Kukan are NHL defenseman. There's going to be a move to relieve the depth here. Whether that's Harrington, Nuti, Savard, or whoever, it's going to happen.

I know people are going to immediately point to Werenski as the guy to go due to the return we'd get, but I cannot disagree more. He's coming into his own defensively and was a monster with Jones against Tampa. I think he's part of the core.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm not sure there will be an immediate move to thin the herd. For all we know there will be enough injuries that we'll never have the problem of too many D-men.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Harrington and Kukan are NHL defenseman. There's going to be a move to relieve the depth here. Whether that's Harrington, Nuti, Savard, or whoever, it's going to happen.

I know people are going to immediately point to Werenski as the guy to go due to the return we'd get, but I cannot disagree more. He's coming into his own defensively and was a monster with Jones against Tampa. I think he's part of the core.
Then Kukan and Harry have to go. I used to think it was Savy too move but Nuti has injury issues as much as Murray. 1 of them would have to go because inconsistency health wise Id never get rid of Jones or Z. Gav and Sav are going to be our stable consistent work horses. Peeke will be calles up and play with whoever is left of Nuti and Murray. 1 of Kukan and Harry stays as a 7th.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Then Kukan and Harry have to go. I used to think it was Savy too move but Nuti has injury issues as much as Murray. 1 of them would have to go because inconsistency health wise Id never get rid of Jones or Z. Gav and Sav are going to be our stable consistent work horses. Peeke will be calles up and play with whoever is left of Nuti and Murray. 1 of Kukan and Harry stays as a 7th.
I think the Murray contract negotiations will go a long way in determining how things get sorted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad