WWE: Dean Ambrose not looked at as a top guy

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio.

The feeling is that the company likes him, but they don't see him as a top guy and Meltzer says the way his match with Triple H was booked was evidence of that, at least the way WWE tried booking it, with Ambrose tricking HHH to get the match and then losing the way he did and the explanation for the loss on Raw - "what they said is he's a 'spunky guy', but he can't beat the top guy." - Meltzer.

He said his personal opinion is that Ambrose should have always been "the guy" from The Shield post-breakup, and he sees why they wouldn't see him as a top guy, but they've never even given him a chance.

He also said regarding Wrestlemania that he sees no way that they'd give Ambrose a win over Lesnar without severe shenanigans, like The Wyatts doing it all.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Not surprising, given how Ambrose has been booked post-Shield breakup. They've never really treated him like he had the potential to be a "top guy".

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
There's literally so many things that could get posted here that would have me respond with "...Millionaire that should be a Billionaire..."

This would be another example of that.

Vince is SO F*****G DESPERATE for the crowd to like Reigns that they've just ignored a guy that consistently gets amazing reactions, can actually work a match, oh, and can deliver a promo.

It's so sad the talent that Vince wastes.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
What does "top guy" even mean? The #1 in the company to replace John Cena? Or a main eventer? I can see why they wouldn't see him as the #1.

S A W F T*

What does "top guy" even mean? The #1 in the company to replace John Cena? Or a main eventer? I can see why they wouldn't see him as the #1.

Title says A top guy, not THE top guy. That's where I have a problem with it.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
This is Triple H leaking this to get fans to give Ambrose the 2013/14 Daniel Bryan treatment and at the same time cultivate hostility toward Reigns.

I say that in jest, but the thought made me laugh.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
This is Triple H leaking this to get fans to give Ambrose the 2013/14 Daniel Bryan treatment and at the same time cultivate hostility toward Reigns.

I say that in jest, but the thought made me laugh.

You say it in jest, but it has a ton of possibility to it.

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
Have you seen this guys legs.... How is he supposed to be a top guy with legs like that.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Like I said in my deleted post. This is nothing new, he's been saying this for a long time now.

Having had a chance to listen to the episode, this isn't even a report or anything. It's just a line taken from a listener's question at the end of the show. So I've no idea why this is suddenly thread worth when it hasn't been for all the other times he's said the same thing.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I disagree with the notion that Dean should have been the guy to emerge out of the Shield break up. Rollins is better than Dean Ambrose and I'll fight any of you who disagree.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Like I said in my deleted post. This is nothing new, he's been saying this for a long time now.

Having had a chance to listen to the episode, this isn't even a report or anything. It's just a line taken from a listener's question at the end of the show. So I've no idea why this is suddenly thread worth when it hasn't been for all the other times he's said the same thing.

Considering there's 14 posts already, I think it's thread worthy and creating a decent discussion. :)

PolishBingo

King Pierogie IV
Jan 9, 2006
Unfortunately yes. :(

141333b6a6b1868f5fcb74577b2dcfb6.jpg

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Honestly though, I'd be intrigued with who Dave thinks the company DOES see as a top guy outside of the obvious Cena/Brock/Reigns.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Honestly though, I'd be intrigued with who Dave thinks the company DOES see as a top guy outside of the obvious Cena/Brock/Reigns.

I'd have liked to think it was Rollins
But then there was that point where there were reports there was 0 plans for Rollins to have a meaningful match for Mania

So.probably like
Ryback or something

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad