Deal is done (direct quotes from players)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Sorry if this doesn't deserve a new thread but here we go anyway:

Riku Hahl of Avs "The information I got is that the deal is done"

Ville Nieminen of Flames "the deal is so certain that I've agreed to return (to North America) on tuesday"

Lydman of Flames was told NOT to play on saturday, Ruutu of Canucks will play but confirms that he has been told that the deal is done.

Aki Berg did not travel with Timra to their away game, Miikka Kiprusoff will travel but won't be the starting goalie.

After reading those couple of DIRECT quotes, I'm 100% certain that the deal will be reached today or tomorrow.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Pepper said:
Sorry if this doesn't deserve a new thread but here we go anyway:

Riku Hahl of Avs "The information I got is that the deal is done"

Ville Nieminen of Flames "the deal is so certain that I've agreed to return (to North America) on tuesday"

Lydman of Flames was told NOT to play on saturday, Ruutu of Canucks will play but confirms that he has been told that the deal is done.

Aki Berg did not travel with Timra to their away game, Miikka Kiprusoff will travel but won't be the starting goalie.

After reading those couple of DIRECT quotes, I'm 100% certain that the deal will be reached today or tomorrow.

link?

Ulfie #5

Feb 19, 2005
Driving home froma party just before midnight last night I was listening to 1050ESPN Radio in NY. A caller was saying he had attended an AHL game held at the Nassau Colliseum last night. On his way out he happened to see Charles Wang, majority owner of the Islanders. He said hello and asked if the arena would host anymore AHL games in the near future.

Wang responded with a smile and said "We are back. They will announce it tomorrow."

I know I know, how much can you trust some schlub on the radio, but the guy sounded like he was in his 50's. I cannot imagine some 50ish guy thinking "wouldn't it be funny to make up a story and call the radio?".

So if it is true, here's the owner of the Islanders being pretty open about a deal having already been done.

Let's hope!

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
Ulfie #5 said:
Driving home froma party just before midnight last night I was listening to 1050ESPN Radio in NY. A caller was saying he had attended an AHL game held at the Nassau Colliseum last night. On his way out he happened to see Charles Wang, majority owner of the Islanders. He said hello and asked if the arena would host anymore AHL games in the near future.

Wang responded with a smile and said "We are back. They will announce it tomorrow."

I know I know, how much can you trust some schlub on the radio, but the guy sounded like he was in his 50's. I cannot imagine some 50ish guy thinking "wouldn't it be funny to make up a story and call the radio?".

So if it is true, here's the owner of the Islanders being pretty open about a deal having already been done.

Let's hope!

I have a feeling maybe the owners already voted on it if the person who called in is telling the truth.. there also is an article today from the new york area where wang pretty much says he will accept a $45M cap

JbSpine

Feb 18, 2005
*1st post*

the news and the internet is going nuts, "deal done" "season saved" and so on, A 25 game season will be awsome.

CH Wizard

WhalerBoy said:
the roller coaster ride just crashed and burned. Time to get off the ride me thinks..

:lol :lol :lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Figaro95*

U GUys are crazy....its done the NHL is DONE for this year....those players know as much as I do...Its not there faulth they don't have tsn in europe. BUT its over u guys are nuts to think a deal is done, a deal won't be reached for a couple of months to a year at least. FACE IT the NHL IS DEAD Right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GreenBud

Feb 2, 2005
Vancouver
ubongs.blogspot.com
hockeyman said:
U GUys are crazy....its done the NHL is DONE for this year....those players know as much as I do...Its not there faulth they don't have tsn in europe. BUT its over u guys are nuts to think a deal is done, a deal won't be reached for a couple of months to a year at least. FACE IT the NHL IS DEAD Right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Umm, maybe you should take a look at the times of people's posts before you have your little rant. :lol:

think-blue-

Sep 28, 2002
Visit site
espion said:
Can I PLEASE have a time and date of when this thread was opened. Because I have this feeling that I am reading a thread that was started Friday night. Yet it reads like it was written Saturday night (post second cancelation). I just don't seem to know what's going on anymore.....because.....you know.....the media said (last night) that a "deal was agreed in priciple".....and it was all an evil lie.

So when was this thread started?

Saturday morning (read the first post) - 9:22 am.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
espion said:
Can I PLEASE have a time and date of when this thread was opened. Because I have this feeling that I am reading a thread that was started Friday night. Yet it reads like it was written Saturday night (post second cancelation). I just don't seem to know what's going on anymore.....because.....you know.....the media said (last night) that a "deal was agreed in priciple".....and it was all an evil lie.

So when was this thread started?
I understand your confusion. From what I can see this thread was started this morning. When we were all so very optomistic and Ville was checking priceline for a ticket to Calagary.. :cry:

greatlakeshab

Jan 26, 2005
These threads are about as confusing as the NHL negotiations. The only way to understand them is to get drunk and ask the birds you see buzzing around your head what is current :help:

Figaro95*

like i said!...The season is like burnt toast...jus throw it away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad