DEADSPIN - florida-panthers-want-to-screw-broward

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
ahahh point was this making it on deadspin.

my question would be why would they feel the need to run this today?

jol

Jan 31, 2003
Miami Beach, Florida
Visit site
ahahh point was this making it on deadspin.

my question would be why would they feel the need to run this today?
Because SSE just recently, last week, submitted to report to Broward county commissioners and this report is asking more than what was SSE asking originally last month.

JOL

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
A deadspin article reaching far up their ass and seeing what comes out? You should reject that website as worthy of your eyes.

I do think it's cute that they have hopped on board with the new obnoxious news format of:

# of things about BLANK

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Large company tries to pay less money to government ... stop the presses?

This is very overblown because it is the Panthers and the dark cloud of "relocation" is always fun for people to bring it.

Most, if not all major sports franchises do this and try to get the best deal possibly with their counties.

free money is free money.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Large company tries to pay less money to government ... stop the presses?

This is very overblown because it is the Panthers and the dark cloud of "relocation" is always fun for people to bring it.

Most, if not all major sports franchises do this and try to get the best deal possibly with their counties.

free money is free money.

So cuz you said it prettier than me u think ur tough guy?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
There was also another add on CBS Sports. http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24490289/report-panthers-bailout-proposal-faces-tough-road-in-broward-county
Here is my take I hope this really isn't true.... Vinne is willing to spend the money now "like Loria of the marlins" and when the pieces don't work out and he starts losing money hes going to go back to spending the cap floor. I really hope we aren't being taken on a ride here.... This franchise has not had that many winning seasons and tickets being 7$ isn't worth people driving 20-25 miles to come watch a horrible product. People have to pay 20$ to park at the ARENA anyone know where at money goes to? The city, County or SSE? I know you can park at Sawgrass mills but the walk is a pain in the backside. My whole point of this comment is that The Panthers are a money loser because they put them self in that PLACE... 1 playoff appearance in the past decade... Broken promises to its SSH... Horrible customer relations and so on. I know 90% of you guys agree that as a fan we can only take some much before we stop showing up when these guys aren't competing or playing hard. I am a former SSH and I want to see some concrete changes before I ever spend that much money on Season Seats again. Honestly I know South Florida gets a bad wrap as fans for not showing up but when it comes to hockey and Baseball both of these franchises have tainted pasts. Other fans don't realize the consistency we have been lied to. If the County winds up giving the panthers that TAX credit i hope someone adds that they have to keep a competitive payroll. I Love this team and want them to succeed, we as fans have had to take to many walks of shame out of our own home while others just point and laugh.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
The trick is to care about the team and not the businessmen that run it. I care even less about them then they do about me. Yes, it is possible. :laugh:

That being said, I imagine relocation rumors will always follow this team until they are winners.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
The trick is to care about the team and not the businessmen that run it. I care even less about them then they do about me. Yes, it is possible. :laugh:

That being said, I imagine relocation rumors will always follow this team until they are winners.

Pretty sure that would happen even if we were winners. Haters gonna hate.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
When the Panthers win a cup all of the national media will suddenly say that they predicted it for years and that they saw this coming .... and then the next week say our turnout for our victory parade was terrible and the team deserves better (Canadian) fans.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
who cares about broward county? As diehard fans of this team it is more than in our best interest that the team "screw" over local gov to remain solvent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad