Proposal: Deadline pickups - who do you trade for

Who get to trade for one player, who are you picking up?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Buying and then selling makes no sense. You're half in and half out. Guaranteed failure. Either burn the boats and go for it, or sell.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
I'm okay trading off Bob/Bread and seeing where we are the rest of the way

If we can get (and sign) Mark Stone... I'm 100% in on that, too

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Duchene , and it’s a no brainer , but I read here , he’s not that good :help:. Tarasenko, but I read here that he was too old and not the same player after his injury :help:.

Reactions: Gagnefan924

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Henrique if we can ship Wennberg the other way? Was watching the Ducks game and he looked very solid, had a 3 point night I believe. Great faceoff guy, amazing PKer and would fit the system nicely. Salary is a bit high so it would take Wennberg or someone of similar salary leaving.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Other=Dzingel

Give us a chance to compete this year, but not giving up top prospects.

Off Limits==Elvis, Tarasov, Foudy, Bemström, Texier, Sherwood, Robinson, Peeke, Stenlund.
(may be forgetting a player or 2,,,3)

Milano and a 2020 3rd to Ottawa, Dzingel and a 2020 4th to Columbus.
I think Milano's ship has sailed in this Organization.

I don't know what to make of Abramov yet, another Milano or can he round out his game
and become a 200 foot player

Last edited:

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Other=Dzingel

Off Limits==Elvis, Tarasov, Foudy, Bemström, Texier, Sherwood, Robinson, Peeke, Stenlund.

I don't know what to make of Abramov yet, another Milano or can he round out his game

Do you really think a failed prospect and a one round jump in the draft, is worth a 50 point player?

I don't see any reason to believe that Ottawa would make that deal.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Do you really think a failed prospect and a one round jump in the draft, is worth a 50 point player?

maybe not....but He is a pending UFA. He's a rental playing for the worst team in the league.
It's a starting point.
maybe they think Milano has a higher ceiling than Columbus does.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Other=Dzingel

I'm sorry but there is no universe where Kole Sherwood or Eric Robinson are off limits, and putting them in that group of prospects is being ultra generous.

There are only three prospects in our organization I wouldn't trade, and thats Gavrikov, Merzlikins, and MAYBE Foudy. If Ottawa is offering up a signed Duchene for a package that includes Texier, Bemstrom, Peeke, or Stenlund... you have to take the deal.

Last edited:

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I'm sorry but there is no universe where Kole Sherwood is off limits, and putting him in that group of prospects is being ultra generous.

There are only three prospects in our organization I wouldn't trade, and thats Gavrikov, Merzlikins, and MAYBE Foudy. If Ottawa is offering up a signed Duchene for a package that includes Texier, Bemstrom, Peeke, or Stenlund... you have to take the deal.

to each his own

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Other=Dzingel

there's absolutely no way OTT would even think about trading Dzingel for that package.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
OK early morning fantasy time: Let's get Duchene & Dzingel...?

2019 & 2020 second (2020 goes to a 1st if Duchene re-signs)
Wennberg
signing rights to Peeke
Ottawa's choice of any 2 of : Milano, Carlsson, Davidsson, Abramov, Stenlund, Sherwood,

Off Limits are the 3 goalies, Foudy, Begstrom, Texier

BreadPLDAtkinson
DzingelDucheneBjorkstrand
FolignoJennerAnderson
DuclairNashHanni
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
So that would give the Jackets a hell of a roster for this year. However, if it doesn't result in a Cup and B&B walk along with D&D then the Jackets are screwed.

After further review I wouldn't do it unless the deal included signed D&D Too much risk and the odds against winning it all are slight.

No wonder Jarmo has no hair.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Easy question for me. This team doesn't have the center depth to make a deep run. Trading for center depth next week costs too many assets.

I would sell Panarin and Bobrovsky. Take my chances with what I have and add depth either from the system, a trade on draft day, or on free agency. The Riley Nash experience has been a waste.

Reactions: Palm Tree

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Sell.

Definitely some players there I like, but take your chances in free agency. Further stock that asset cupboard and see what deals are to be had in the offseason.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm sorry but there is no universe where Kole Sherwood or Eric Robinson are off limits, and putting them in that group of prospects is being ultra generous.

I would not.

My prospect ranking at the moment is more like

Foudy
Gavrikov
Texier
Bemstrom
Tarasov

Merzlikins
Stenlund
Peeke
etc...

I would sooner part with Merzlikins than Foudy, Texier, or Bemstrom. From the scouting reports that the Athletic is dishing out, it looks like there's more high-end upside in those three kids, and in Tarasov, than there is in Merzlikins, who is about to turn 25. You can get an average goalie for not too much in free agency, and Merzlikins would have to be an above average starter to provide much value to the team. He looks like he'll be a good, but not above average starter.

And no, you don't have to take any deal, especially not if the prospect is in addition to another 1st round pick. One for one I'd think about it for some of them, but I wouldn't trade Foudy 1 for 1 for Duchene unless he was on a great contract. Go get a different center that won't be so ruinously expensive.

Reactions: Sore Loser

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Duchene and try to get Dzingel as well but the package for those 2 might be hefty.

Dzingel is the guy I want. If you can get Quick for cheap, go for it.

Wennberg
signing rights to Peeke
Ottawa's choice of any 2 of : Milano, Carlsson, Davidsson, Abramov, Stenlund, Sherwood,

BreadPLDAtkinson
FolignoJennerAnderson
DuclairNashHanni
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
So that would give the Jackets a hell of a roster for this year. However, if it doesn't result in a Cup and B&B walk along with D&D then the Jackets are screwed.

After further review I wouldn't do it unless the deal included signed D&D Too much risk and the odds against winning it all are slight.

Which one of you guys is Jarmo?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Wennberg
signing rights to Peeke

BreadPLDAtkinson
FolignoJennerAnderson
DuclairNashHanni
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Well, I was going great guns until I chickened out. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad