deadline and ufa reality

djdan6215

Feb 26, 2012
the trade deadline is coming april 3rd ...

the wings are my favorite team since a couple of years and i read the forum each years before the deadline trade or the ufa day ..and each years everybody talk about the big names and the big trade but the reality is IN MY OPINION ...

ken holland like his team and dont want to make the big moves ..

this is the last five years trade deadlineday moves by holland :
2011-12 deadline : no trades
2010-11 deadline: no trades
2009-10 deadline : no trades
2008-09 deadline : no trades
2007-08 deadline : acquire brad stuart

and for the ufa signings day or week : they sign only depth player or resign these players ...

and IN MY OPINION again this year forget the big trades with IGINLA,BOUWMEESTER,YANDLE,GABORIK,RIBEIRO,BOYLE,CAMPBELL,STREIT,VISNOVSKY,STAFFORD...

MY PREDICTION IS :
maybe a trade to acquire ladislav smid against a draft pick or prospect
maybe a trade to acquire a former player like tomas fleischman or tomas kopecky ...
thats it ...

and MY PREDICTION for the ufa this year :
they signed filppula,howard,brunner,miller AND PROBABLY WEISS for replace cleary thats it ...

ITS JUST A PREDICTION MAKE YOURS ...

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Kenny loves the old timers so if the price is right I can see him trying to acquire Jagr for a draft pick or mid level prospect. I have no idea if the Stars will put him on the block but he could slot onto a scoring line and you could move Brunner down to the third line.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
the trade deadline is coming april 3rd ...

the wings are my favorite team since a couple of years and i read the forum each years before the deadline trade or the ufa day ..and each years everybody talk about the big names and the big trade but the reality is IN MY OPINION ...

ken holland like his team and dont want to make the big moves ..

this is the last five years trade deadlineday moves by holland :
2011-12 deadline : no trades
2010-11 deadline: no trades
2009-10 deadline : no trades
2008-09 deadline : no trades
2007-08 deadline : acquire brad stuart

and for the ufa signings day or week : they sign only depth player or resign these players ...

and IN MY OPINION again this year forget the big trades with IGINLA,BOUWMEESTER,YANDLE,GABORIK,RIBEIRO,BOYLE,CAMPBELL,STREIT,VISNOVSKY,STAFFORD...

MY PREDICTION IS :
maybe a trade to acquire ladislav smid against a draft pick or prospect
maybe a trade to acquire a former player like tomas fleischman or tomas kopecky ...
thats it ...

and MY PREDICTION for the ufa this year :
they signed filppula,howard,brunner,miller AND PROBABLY WEISS for replace cleary thats it ...

ITS JUST A PREDICTION MAKE YOURS ...

Smid will cost too much for Holland's liking, and it'll be a hell of a lot more than a "draft pick or prospect." An injury prone, now 3rd-liner just landed Dallas a top prospect. The prices for deadline pick-ups are through the roof.

And Tomas Fleischmann never played for the Wings organization - he's not a "former player" that would give Kenny tunnel vision. That said, he does seem like a Kenny type of addition.

Dekemeister

Sep 12, 2010
Smid will cost too much for Holland's liking, and it'll be a hell of a lot more than a "draft pick or prospect." An injury prone, now 3rd-liner just landed Dallas a top prospect. The prices for deadline pick-ups are through the roof.

And Tomas Fleischmann never played for the Wings organization - he's not a "former player" that would give Kenny tunnel vision. That said, he does seem like a Kenny type of addition.

This Morrow move today certainly isn't a good sign of things to come. Things will probably be as overpriced as last year.

What is reasonably available that could improve the team? Iginla (which is a very strong maybe)? What D-men? I know people are annoyed with the lack of moves, and I think that the Wings should be buyers, but I don't want Kenny to make a move just to make a move. That's worse than being too passive.

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
This Morrow move today certainly isn't a good sign of things to come. Things will probably be as overpriced as last year.

What is reasonably available that could improve the team? Iginla (which is a very strong maybe)? What D-men? I know people are annoyed with the lack of moves, and I think that the Wings should be buyers, but I don't want Kenny to make a move just to make a move. That's worse than being too passive.

Iginla won't come here. We're not on the short list. The Morrow move today pretty much means he won't be in Pittsburgh either.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Trade deadline reality: We won't trade for anyone significant
UFA Reality: We won't sign anyone significant

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If we can make a trade that involved Ian White, Franzen, or Kyle Quincey I would jump all over it. Just my opinion.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Ian White + Joakim Andersson for Robidas

Won't be enough.

Robidas would be a more important addition to any team than Morrow, and he's still got another year left at a reasonable-to-good price for his services. Last year, UFA Dmen of similar skill were landing a package of a 2nd and 3rd round pick.

Dallas will probably want a 1st plus a promising young player or mid-to-top prospect. And judging by what the likes of Oduya, Gaustad, and Morrow have gotten, to name a few, that might be a reasonable price to ask.

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
Won't be enough.

Robidas would be a more important addition to any team than Morrow, and he's still got another year left at a reasonable-to-good price for his services. Last year, UFA Dmen of similar skill were landing a package of a 2nd and 3rd round pick.

Dallas will probably want a 1st plus a promising young player or mid-to-top prospect. And judging by what the likes of Oduya, Gaustad, and Morrow have gotten, to name a few, that might be a reasonable price to ask.

People overvalue picks here way too much. The Wings have hit on picks in the late 80s and early 90s and WE THINK they've hit on a ton of picks recently. But honestly they've spoiled people on the value of picks. Even in the interim, they've hit so well on a fewer percentage of picks, but so well... people here just assume picks will turn into great things. And are willing to throw away the careers of Dats and Z for the promise of something that can't honestly be promised. Sad really.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
People overvalue picks here way too much. The Wings have hit on picks in the late 80s and early 90s and WE THINK they've hit on a ton of picks recently. But honestly they've spoiled people on the value of picks. Even in the interim, they've hit so well on a fewer percentage of picks, but so well... people here just assume picks will turn into great things. And are willing to throw away the careers of Dats and Z for the promise of something that can't honestly be promised. Sad really.

How is this relevant? It doesn't matter how anyone but NHL GMs value picks.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Anyone get a chance to watch Red Wings Live? Keating said Iginla gave his list of teams and said Detroit is on it along with Pitts, Boston, LA, and Chicago. However, on the main board, Detroit isn't listed.

Is this all talk, or something actually legit? If Iginla would be willing to come here (I think if the Wings make the POs, they have a chance just like any other team does), what would we be willing to give up? Should Kenny even discuss this?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Anyone get a chance to watch Red Wings Live? Keating said Iginla gave his list of teams and said Detroit is on it along with Pitts, Boston, LA, and Chicago. However, on the main board, Detroit isn't listed.

Is this all talk, or something actually legit? If Iginla would be willing to come here (I think if the Wings make the POs, they have a chance just like any other team does), what would we be willing to give up? Should Kenny even discuss this?

It was my understanding that It was the last 5 Stanley Cup Winners, So If this Is true It would be 2008 Detroit Red Wings 2009 Pittsburgh Penguins 2010 Chicago Blackhawks 2011 Boston Bruins and 2012 L.A. Kings so we shall see.

RedWingsNow*

Won't be enough.

Robidas is 36, though. And sometimes, that extra year on the contract is something that hurts value -- though his deal is pretty reasonable.

Andersson + White + 2nd --

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

When all of your best players are later round draft picks, and then all of your best current prospects are 2nd or later draft picks, it makes sense to be hesitant to trade away your draft picks. Sounds like you undervalue our scouts, or are just out of touch with the way the Red Wings operate.

Dekemeister

Sep 12, 2010

I think the fact we're going out East next year helps us. I really don't see Iginla staying in conference unless the deal is ridiculously good.

My money was on Pittsburgh, but who knows after the Morrow signing. I'm not sure if that has an effect on whether they'll pursue Iginla or not.

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
How is this relevant? It doesn't matter how anyone but NHL GMs value picks.

Uh... I don't know. Maybe this is supposed to be a hockey board where people actually voice realistic opinions about what might happen or what should happen? I didn't realize this site was called HFcomplaining.com or HFwhining.com. Seriously. If the Wings success is responsible for all the unrealistic opinions and complaining here, then I hope for every Wing's fan's sake that they suck for a while so everyone can re-calibrate their ridiculous expectations. It's so stupid for any post, IN A TRADE THREAD that suggests trading a pick or prospect is shot down simply because it suggests trading a pick or prospect. Sure, we'd all love if the Wings could trade 3 urinal cakes from the Joe for Malkin and a 3rd from Pitts... but that's not going to happen. So what's the point in everyone being such downers/unrealistic naysayers when real ideas should be aired in exactly this type of forum. I just don't get it. For one of the best franchises of all time, this portion of HFBoards is just dismal. I don't know if I can blame the moderators because they don't control content, but I feel like the most annoying thoughts have gotten the most play here probably pushing away the interesting ideas in favor of ideas that just reinforce the negative opinons that are recycled here.

I know that complaining about complaining is totally hypocritical on it's face, but I hope you guys hear me out. I'm only saying this because it's gotten way too gloomy here. I'm not a major contributor, but I've been coming here since 2002. So I hope you guys don't just dismiss me outright. Thanks for the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad