Dead 2021 NHL Entry Draft Thread

lawrence

May 19, 2012
0 picks in the first 2 rounds last year.
1 pick in the first 4 rounds this year.
1 pick in the first 3 rounds next year.

One playoff appearance in the past 6 years (likely would have been 0 had COVID not ended the season prematurely)

essentially those were turned into

Schmidt
Miller
Dickson
Garland
Ekman Larrson.

not saying I agree, but I guess we will have to see. I personally like the trade, at the same time I prefer to use the pick as I am a huge Guenther fan. Let the cap problems of Rouselle, Ericsson and Beagle naturally fall of in 10 months, then utilize the strong pool of 2022 free agents to see if we can get better.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
It's knowing that this trade was greenlit to save his skin that rubs me the wrong way. A normal GM that has the big picture would never have made this trade. It's high risk mortgage your future type of work.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
With the first and third rounder gone this season, along with last year's first and second rounders, it means that the Canucks will be making exactly one pick in the top 96 for both years.

Going to blow a huge hole in this team's prospect pool.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Prospect pool is bare as hell.

I think the organization is running a really lean ship and the egos in charge don't want to show they were stupid in getting rid of guys like Crawford and Brackett and are just trading away many top picks to avoid draft embarrassment.

The next GM is going to be really f***ed. Aging older assets while the younger guys are going to be FA and demanding big bucks. There is nowhere to hide...2026-2029 = massive rebuild.

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006
Prospect pool is bare as hell.

I think the organization is running a really lean ship and the egos in charge don't want to show they were stupid in getting rid of guys like Crawford and Brackett and are just trading away many top picks to avoid draft embarrassment.

The next GM is going to be really f***ed. Aging older assets while the younger guys are going to be FA and demanding big bucks. There is nowhere to hide...2026-2029 = massive rebuild.

We're headed in the same direction Buffalo is. Won't be good enough to be a consistent playoff contender. Guys like BB, EP and QH will probably want out in a few years and we'll be back to rebuilding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad