Confirmed with Link: De La Rose re-signed 2 years (900K)

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Meh. Cut ties with him in 2 years if he doesn't progress. He'll be 25 by then so easy to cut bait.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Duclair was also a UFA. How does Peca get double Duclair and times two years?

Duclair was an RFA that wasn't qualified, that's how he became a UFA. Peca was a UFA at the end of his contract. Different contexts.

Also, Duclair had a bad season in Arizona followed by a bad season split between Arizona and Chicago. If Duclair agreed to sign at league minimum, then his value wasn't high at all.

Whereas Peca was being offered more money by another team, but Habs ended up giving him a two-year deal, which lowered his AAV for the team, and he accepted Habs' offer.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Duclair was an RFA that wasn't qualified, that's how he became a UFA. Peca was a UFA at the end of his contract. Different contexts.

Also, Duclair had a bad season in Arizona followed by a bad season split between Arizona and Chicago. If Duclair agreed to sign at league minimum, then his value wasn't high at all.

Whereas Peca was being offered more money by another team, but Habs ended up giving him a two-year deal, which lowered his AAV for the team, and he accepted Habs' offer.
MB is probably lying about “more money from another team”...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
good for him, curious as to what danault salary will be, people keep saying 3 mill and i think theyre absolutely crazy thinking that

I think a long term deal could be somewhere around $3M AAV but he has two more years of RFA left. He has only played one full season too. I'd sign him to a one year prove it deal. Some people think Danault is a #2C or #3C but he could end up being moved to #3 LW in a few years. Kotkaniemi, Poehling, DLR, Olofsson, Peca, Vejdemo, Evans. Danault is going to have to prove to me he can be that #3C for us and battle out DLR, Olofsson, Peca, Vejdemo for that role.

I like the game DLR showed us when Pleky was gone last year. He is a big body that can skate and he causes turn overs. Danault will have competition at the bottom 2 center spot in a few years.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I like the game DLR showed us when Pleky was gone last year.

Too bad Pleks will retake his spot cause DLR to regress.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
So Peca gets $1.3 and DLR gets $900???

That’s just weird.

Not really. One is UFA, the other is RFA. That's just the way things work in this thing called real life ;).

Duclair was also a UFA. How does Peca get double Duclair and times two years?

Duclair's has bounced around quite a bit and has a bit of a buyer beware tag. Peca by all accounts is a solid citizen who was just burried on a club with a whole bunch of very talented similar players.

ANYWAYS! Happy for Jacob De La Rose!! The Swede with the coolest name!! Congrats kid. Make us proud! Hard working kid deserves this!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Excellent signing for what he provides. It's not going to turn the tides or anything but getting these depth signings done holds its importance too.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I like that he's been improving over the last 2 years. I still think there's a bit more untapped offense than he gets credit for. Not a lot of course. He could be a proper 3rd line C. Might have to move to the wing though if he wants to get a real spot in a top 9. Even if he doesn't I still like his game. Fine with him in the bottom 6.

Le compétiteur

When he was drafted I was projecting him as a solid defensive center that could give 30-40 points each year.

Now what I see is a double shutdown player ... as he can shotdown both team at the same time. :laugh:

I would like to see a DLR - Drouin- Gallagher line. DLR to cover while Drouin have the green light to go offence first. As long we don't have a real 1C that's about our only option to have a first line that produce more goals that what they allow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad