DCU Center Renovations

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
can the railers play when its getting done?
there are other events at DCU, NOTABLY the arena football team....

this has nothing to do with the base floor from the schematic I saw..... that was redone in 2009, so the likelyhood is they will work around it just as Providence, Springfield, and Portland did, unless it calls for a closure of the arena for fan safety reasons, while construction continues

Woo Hockey

@WooHockeyNews
Jul 5, 2014
Worcester, MA
woo.hockey
They'll likely complete the upper sections during the summer (mid-June -> onward) as there aren't events that would utilize most of those sections. Football is the only thing scheduled during that time and I believe those are all on weekends.

There's a huge block of about two months (Early August - Early October) where the arena won't be hosting any events for the rest to get completed. That's also being really optimistic as they do have a time frame of a few years to get that project completed, it takes time for seats to be ordered and then installed.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
They'll likely complete the upper sections during the summer (mid-June -> onward) as there aren't events that would utilize most of those sections. Football is the only thing scheduled during that time and I believe those are all on weekends.

There's a huge block of about two months (Early August - Early October) where the arena won't be hosting any events for the rest to get completed. That's also being really optimistic as they do have a time frame of a few years to get that project completed, it takes time for seats to be ordered and then installed.

The seats were first replaced in 2001. If they start replacing them in early August they should done for hockey season with time to spare.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->