Days since Sens Incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I hope he doesn't. Only time I want to hear from a GM is when there is a hiring/firing, trade or signing.
I dont want to hear his future vision, or how "we are a team." Your job is to run the team, not sell the team.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Melnyk and Trinity bickering to social media like children, reset the clock

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

You would think that with Christmas coming up next week they are going to have something truly special for the holiday season. The sens have done a terrific job with the last 3 days to get us warmed up for something real inspiring!

I dunno about you guys but boy am I really thinking its a great time for some last minute christmas shopping! Tickets for everyone, a gift that everyone wants and can appreciate.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Wowsa
"Desmond said Lee’s guilty plea “confirms my client’s version of what happened.” Without going into detail, Desmond alleged the Senators are liable because they continued to employ Lee despite being aware of him doing similar things in the past."

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Wowsa
"Desmond said Lee’s guilty plea “confirms my client’s version of what happened.” Without going into detail, Desmond alleged the Senators are liable because they continued to employ Lee despite being aware of him doing similar things in the past."

I have a hard time believing that. Maybe it is true but I would think that any NHL organization would crack down on that especially given the fact that they draft 18 year old boys every year. That statement almost implies that Lee may have physically harassed players and prospects as well as cabdrivers. If that were the case it would hardly have been a secret and it would also damage the reputation of every GM, executive and coach that worked for this organization.

Now if he was just harassing cab drivers that would still be bad but not as bad as harassing prospects from an organization perspective

DuncanMacpherson

Apr 6, 2010
Wowsa

This is why we should have cut ties with him as soon as this story broke. Now this is gonna continue to follow us around. The last thing this team needs is any kind of negative publicity.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
There's tons of creeps in hockey man. Remember it's a closed society where stuff is hushed up on the routine, because "gud player" and "gud character guy." and the media does their part.
Remember that Murray was our GM before, and he was really "boys will be boys" about stuff, even hiring Jason Smith despite allegations against him, not dispensing with Joe Corvo despite allegations against him, etc.

Hopefully this helps the Senators step into the present and tightens behavioural rules around the team.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
This is why we should have cut ties with him as soon as this story broke. Now this is gonna continue to follow us around. The last thing this team needs is any kind of negative publicity.

I agree there. Seemed obvious to anyone NOT in a position to make that call from within the organization.

Article states a civil suit to follow against Lee and the Sens (as a result of continuing to employ him, the Sens remain in this fiasco).

Melnyk sounds like he'll be too busy to focus on a new arena, it turns out. He and the legal team will be busy.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
There's tons of creeps in hockey man. Remember it's a closed society where stuff is hushed up on the routine, because "gud player" and "gud character guy." and the media does their part.
Remember that Murray was our GM before, and he was really "boys will be boys" about stuff, even hiring Jason Smith despite allegations against him, not dispensing with Joe Corvo despite allegations against him, etc.

Hopefully this helps the Senators step into the present and tightens behavioural rules around the team.
What's this now?

I was always under the impression that was long before us and was when he was in LA Kings system and on their AHL team specifically. I remember reading an article where he talked about feeling like he was never going to get his shot in the NHL at that point and was depressed and drinking heavy around the time the incident occurred with the waitress.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I have a hard time believing that. Maybe it is true but I would think that any NHL organization would crack down on that especially given the fact that they draft 18 year old boys every year. That statement almost implies that Lee may have physically harassed players and prospects as well as cabdrivers. If that were the case it would hardly have been a secret and it would also damage the reputation of every GM, executive and coach that worked for this organization.

Now if he was just harassing cab drivers that would still be bad but not as bad as harassing prospects from an organization perspective

There was that tweet back in April (over a month before the incident in Buffalo) where a guy alleged Lee was going after guys at CTC. So there's something publicly out there...just don't know how far it goes.

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
Edit.....didn’t realize your post is from like 3 weeks ago thus causing what I posted to make less sense.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Why does Dorion have a job?

What does he actually do other than take bullets for Eugene?

I can't wait for the offseason, when Dorion signs a 3rd pairing defenceman or a 3rd-4th line plug for 2x what he's worth from the list of leftover UFAs a week after free agency opened for business, and uses it as an opportunity to proclaim that he's the one who makes all of the hockey decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->