Days since Sens Incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
People need reasons why they get rid of some players, and I’m not going to say an excuse, but if you go ask anybody in that locker room if I was a problem, I think you’d be able to find the answer yourself,”
Mike Hoffman

That is a perfectly reasonable comment from him. I'm not exactly sold that he was an angel or even that his girlfriend is innocent of the allegations against her but to dump him as quick as they did, especially when Karlsson apparently wasn't in the teams plans since February, is insane.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Does anyone know where the Hoffman/Caryk vs Erik & Melinda situation sits. Just wondering if anyone is still looking to prove it was Hoffman’s fiancée.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I have a feeling we will be seeing a leaked email soon from ma-bell directing TSN to be more supportive of the Melnyk camp.
We all know Garrioch is a shill for the team, but now we have Wallace leading a narrative that Karlsson was a dictator in the dressing room and that despite Boucher going on record saying that rest is a weapon, that it was Karlsson fault that the team didn't practice. Anderson wanting out because of drama? Karlssons fault that Hoffmans girlfriend is a psycho.

The cherry on the turd sundae was Dredger saying he would buy a ticket to the Sens game. Felt so forced.

Reactions: dingbatz

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I have a feeling we will be seeing a leaked email soon from ma-bell directing TSN to be more supportive of the Melnyk camp.
We all know Garrioch is a shill for the team, but now we have Wallace leading a narrative that Karlsson was a dictator in the dressing room and that despite Boucher going on record saying that rest is a weapon, that it was Karlsson fault that the team didn't practice. Anderson wanting out because of drama? Karlssons fault that Hoffmans girlfriend is a psycho.

The cherry on the turd sundae was Dredger saying he would buy a ticket to the Sens game. Felt so forced.
I completely agree with this, it was beyond disgusting. Just wait for the papers and the radio to pump this story even more tomorrow. These guys should all be disgusted with themselves.

Hey Wally, remember you are covering for the man that said something about "destroying you". Grow a pair.

Reactions: Henderson1972

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

What's funny, is that they could have come up with so many more believable theories.

"Karlsson was selfish and only cared about his stats, so his teammates didn't like him."

"Karlsson was a jerk off the ice, so his teammates didn't like him.

"Karlsson coasted the entire season because he wanted out, so his teammates didn't like him."

All of those would be have at least been believable.

But Karlsson prevented the team from practicing, so the team didn't like him? Really?

And if that's what they're going with, why not just straight up ask Boucher if Karlsson was forcing him to say "rest is a weapon"? Because all that rumor does is make Boucher look like a puppet who shouldn't coach an NHL team.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

So now Wallace and Stevenson are organizational shills as well. SMDH.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
So now Wallace and Stevenson are organizational shills as well. SMDH.

"Erik Karlsson didn't allow Guy Boucher to hold practices, and forced him to justify it by saying rest is a weapon."

That is essentially what they are saying. Do you think that's a reasonable accusation to make, without asking Boucher about it first?

There are lots of arguments for why trading Karlsson was necessary. But that is the most illogical and stupid one anyone has come up with.

It makes the Uber charge rumor sound plausible.

But somehow, it was parroted on TSN.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
"Erik Karlsson didn't allow Guy Boucher to hold practices, and forced him to justify it by saying rest is a weapon."

That is essentially what they are saying. Do you think that's a reasonable accusation to make, without asking Boucher about it first?
Every time I say anything that doesn’t paint Karlsson as the second coming of Jesus i am called a Melnyk apologist so I wil just SMDH and let it go.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Every time I say anything that doesn’t paint Karlsson as the second coming of Jesus i am called a Melnyk apologist so I wil just SMDH and let it go.

I can buy that Karlsson was just an asshole. I can't buy that he barred the team from practicing.

Of you do, well then you are an apologist.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I can buy that Karlsson was just an *******. I can't buy that he barred the team from practicing.

Of you do, well then you are an apologist.
Wallace and Stevenson didn’t say Larlsson banned practices. They said as Gord Wilson did last season that Karlsson told Boucher he didn’t want to practice so the team didn’t practice.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

This isnt the case. It is about the Sens ownership/management constantly tossing players under the bus.
I am good friends with Melinda Karlssons cousin and he told me a long time ago about how Karlsson was not happy being in Ottawa. He had no privacy and was not a fan of the weather. He was envious of the players in Florida that got to go the beach after practice and no one bothered them.

If they would have said Karlsson did not want to play on a rebuilding team, wanted more money than the team was willing to pay, that is fine. It is a more accurate picture. What they are saying is that he was basically they team was shit last year. The team loves to remind people they were one goal away from the SCF, but they neglect to mention that it was Karlsson that carried the team on his broken foot.

No one is calling you anything. We are just tired of the lies and spin that are coming out. They say they want to hold the players accountable. How about we start putting management on waivers for poor performance?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Wallace and Stevenson didn’t say Larlsson banned practices. They said as Gord Wilson did last season that Karlsson told Boucher he didn’t want to practice so the team didn’t practice.

Oh, well that makes sense. Would love to see a quote from Boucher supporting this. Since Wilson and Stevenson talk to him everyday, you'd think there'd be one out there.

And you know what, if it IS true, why the he'll was Boucher brought back to be part of this "rebuild"?

It's a ridiculous theory. You believing it says everything.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Oh, well that makes sense. Would love to see a quote from Boucher supporting this. Since Wilson and Stevenson talk to him everyday, you'd think there'd be one out there.

And you know what, if it IS true, why the he'll was Boucher brought back to be part of this "rebuild"?

It's a ridiculous theory. You believing it says everything.
So is Stevenson, who has been very critical of Melnyk and Boucher lately an organizational shill ? Or is it only when he says something you don’t want to hear.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

They all have the same job, they sell and promote a product.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Honestly, why would Stevenson lie.

Because he wants to say something new and provocative that people will talk about?

And if this theory has any truth to it, why is there no audio or quote from Guy Boucher being asked about it?

Stevenson has access to Boucher every day. Could easily confirm it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->