Day 2 recap (written by Barry Corras)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
There were 5 games in the HFNHL last night, and here is the recap:

Islanders 7 @ Wild 1
The Wild scored scored the first goal at 10 seconds (Nagy) and then saw the NYI score the final 7. Doug Weight and Cory Stillman led the charge with 3 points each while Ed Belfour made 22 saves for his first ever win as a NYI.

Rangers 5 @ Coyotes 1
Juraj Kolnok scored 2 goals to lead the Rangers over the Coyotes before a disappointing 9,418 fans. David Aebischer made 20 saves for win.

Flyers 2 @ Sabres 0
Domanik Hasek made 22 saves for the shutout. Mike Fisher scored the winner at 7:56 of the second period and Markov scored the insurance in the 3rd period. Because Rolodon saved 31 shots and only allowed 2 goals, Card Board Cutout :biglaugh: was not needed in the net.

Penguins 0 @ Ottawa 1
Penguins played a really good game against one of the top teams but fell short in this close contest. Jagr scored on a powerplay at 12:10 of the first period and Longo had 23 saves for the shutout.

Thrashers 1 @ Devils 2
Ilya Kovalchuk scored with less then 10 minutes to go in the game for the victory. It was a very rough game with the Thrashers getting 5 penalties for roughing, elbowing or highsticking. Joe Nieuwendyk complained that the Thrashers were playing goon hockey. The Thrashers were also complaining after the game about 7 penalties against only 2 for Devils.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
islanders said:
Islanders 7 @ Wild 1
The Wild scored scored the first goal at 10 seconds (Nagy) and then saw the NYI score the final 7. Doug Weight and Cory Stillman led the charge with 3 points each while Ed Belfour made 22 saves for his first ever win as a NYI.

I told the boys we had to get off to a fast start.

Guess I should have expanded a bit.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Wild GM said:
I told the boys we had to get off to a fast start.

Guess I should have expanded a bit.

Any chance of Min GM making fast start on Trade Front? You know how to reach me : :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad