OT: Davis Cup: Vancouver

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Anybody else watching this tourney?, Just witnessed the best game I have ever seen in my life.

And I am not a tennis fan at all.

Garth Butcher

Feb 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
Anybody else watching this tourny?, Just witnessed the best game I have ever seen in my life.

And I am not a tennis fan at all.

not a tennis fan but when it comes to watching team Canada in sports I'm all in. Only caught the last bit but that looked energized and action packed on tv.

When you see the red, white and maple in action like that you have to have pride!!! well done boys!

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Milos raonic is playing tomorrow, the best Canadian tennis player we have ever had.

If he clinches it, would be nuts

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Watched the doubles match today. So thrilling to see Nestor and Pospisil come through in the clutch in that 5th set. I played tennis on the BC Junior circuit and know Vasek so it's cool to see him doing so well for our country!

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
It would definitely be sweet to see Milos raonic close it out on home court. I'll definitely be watching, and most of the time I could care less about Tennis.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Man, can't tell you how refreshing it is to see people who admit they don't even really have an interest in tennis still get behind Team Canada's backs. Tennis just seems like a sport that everyone dismisses. I got roasted by a bunch of people in high school for rallying just enough players to warrant the creation of a team simply because it was tennis. Feels good to see tennis become more embraced in this city - and country in general. No doubt that has a lot to do with Roanic and more recently Canada's Davis Cup success.

Should they get a 3rd win tomorrow, Canada will advance to the semis for the first time in 100 years!

Ball4Lyfe

Jun 18, 2010
Definitely going to tune in tomorrow (or today haha) at 2:00 PM. Not missing this at all.

Next round will be ridiculous either way with either Serbia (Djokovic) or USA (Querry, Isner and Bryan twins).

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Burrows is apparently a big tennis fan and texted Laurendeau & Pospisil when they won.

Master Radishes

Nov 29, 2011
I was not a tennis fan at all until a couple years ago when Raonic burst onto the scene. I've been steadily getting into the game more and more since then because of him. Watching Canada upset Spain a couple months ago hooked me.

Going to be a touch couple of matches today. Go Raonic! :handclap:

Garth Butcher

Feb 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
watching tennis is like watching golf or bowling. you either have to have characters or in this case team Canada verse the world and we be winning!!! the only way to draw in fans! if Canada wasn't winning in davis cup play it wouldn't even be on TV, but darts would. good thing for filler sports :speechles

Lundface*

If you guys are legitimately interested in the sport now thats fantastic! I'm not a tennis player or anything but I've been hooked for a few years due to Federer. One of the most remarkable athletes in the world, can't believe he's still able to compete with the top 3 in the game today.

If you ever get a chance to watch either highlights or the entire match, the Nadal/Federer wimbeldon final was the best tennis I've ever seen in my life. Even though Fed lost it was crazy to see him claw back at 2 sets down.

Epimetheus

Jun 2, 2011
Milos raonic is playing tomorrow, the best Canadian tennis player we have ever had.

If he clinches it, would be nuts

His family is from Montenegro but he decided to play for Canada.Smart move considering the possibilities and conditions for proper developement.Great player and a nice guy.

StringerBell

It's only going to get bigger here with Vancouver's Filip Peliwo set to burst on the scene. Kid's good.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Tennis is awesome. One of my favourite events each year is the Australian Open. Staying up to watch the matches. Look forward to it every year.

Raonic has the potential to be great. Like win grand slam titles great. He needs to work on his return game, and on unforced errors, but he has a MASSIVE serve (maybe the biggest on tour) and a huge reach.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Sweet.

I wonder what the chances of a Canadian player emerging named Otis are before September to pair with Milos....

Ball4Lyfe

Jun 18, 2010
Next up, Serbia...aka Djokovic and company. They've got a hugely underrated doubles team too, and it's gonna be hard. GO CANADA GO!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad