Davidson may drop his OLN duties?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
It seems John Davidson might have taken on too much this season with adding NBC and OLN to his MSG duties.He doesn't sound like someone who is planning on leaving broadcasting to run a hockey team

When they are over, he intends to find a place "where there is no telephone or cell phone service and make sure there is a golf course and maybe a bar."Then he will assess his workload before next season. He would not specify his options, but leaving OLN surely would lighten the burden."I have to sit back and figure it all out," said Davidson, who is married with two daughters in college. "I just know I'm not going to do this many games ever again. You have to have a life, too."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/print...01apr18,0,2268648.column?coll=ny-sports-print

Davidson never did games for ESPN when they had the NHL package.It seems the weekly OLN game on Monday or Tuesday is too much for him.He wasn't sure whether or not to do the OLN games this season but he decided to do the games

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Well if anything, JD legitimized OLN with his presences, he and Mike Emerick were the 2 more recognizable faces over the past 10 years for guys who weren't on ESPN (although JD did do ABC games and Emerick did ABC and World Cup games)

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
go kim johnsson 514 said:
Well if anything, JD legitimized OLN with his presences, he and Mike Emerick were the 2 more recognizable faces over the past 10 years for guys who weren't on ESPN (although JD did do ABC games and Emerick did ABC and World Cup games)

Davidson did the finals for ABC with Gary Thorne and Bill Clement but that was only for a week

Last Saturday,Davidson did the Rangers-Bruins on NBC in Boston.On Sunday,he was in Jersey doing the Rangers-Devils for MSG.On Monday,he was back in Boston doing the Bruins-Caps on OLN.On Tuesday,he was in New York doing the Rangers-Islanders for MSG

Four games in four nights with traveling involved.He hitched a ride on the Rangers plane going to Boston and coming back from Boston for the Rangers-Bruins

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
He also does some HNIC and Rogers Sportsnet stuff. Usually remote one Sat. night he did the Hot Stove thing from Montréal once saying he was visiting a daughter who's going to McGill. RSN is for a magazine show or commentry during the Sports News shows, a segment called IN THE CREASE. I wonder how much radio stuff he does too. Sounds like a busy man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad