David Stern passes away

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Partially

Let's not forget he came at the right time

If it wasn't for Magic and Bird on a national level, and the Dream Team (not MJ) on the global level he would have done jack and ****

Agreed 100%. The players make the league great, not businesspeople.

Stern made lots of money to his shareholders, which is nothing to celebrate for the average fan. The league is a ripoff. Most good seats are only accessible to the wealthy. Merchandise is expensive.

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
Doesn't help that he said letting Vancouver relocate was his biggest regret/mistake as commissioner.

Though Howard Schultz is ultimately to blame.

I really hope Seattle gets another shot. Plenty of interest from plenty of people with money. It needs to happen. Also let's not forget Stern blocked the move of the Kings to Seattle also.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I really hope Seattle gets another shot. Plenty of interest from plenty of people with money. It needs to happen. Also let's not forget Stern blocked the move of the Kings to Seattle also.

Yea but part of that was due to Chris Hansen's deal falling apart and the city not being OK with it.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018

Yea but part of that was due to Chris Hansen's deal falling apart and the city not being OK with it.
Stern probably was still very upset on how he was treated in Olympia. Tim Leiweke said a couple times in the NHL/Arena process in Seattle that the nba wants nothing to do with anything regarding Seattle politics

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad