Recalled/Assigned: David Savard assigned to Springfield

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Nice. I like what I've seen from Goulobef. Moore I think is going to flourish over the next 2 seasons. And I'm really excited to see Murray.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Good, he was horrible this year so far. Season up, young fellow.

stickguy

Jan 20, 2013
Just saw on NHL network no link

David Savard assigned to SPR

EDIT: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/transactions/

finally a move I can agree with, now if they will just give Holden some ice-time. What is it with this coaching staff, you bring up your top d-man from the minors and then play the 2nd call up (who has been a scratch some games in Springfield) more minutes?? Makes as much sense as playing RJ more and more yet he accomplishes nothing. No wonder this organization is always near the bottom and players don't want to be here.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
finally a move I can agree with, now if they will just give Holden some ice-time. What is it with this coaching staff, you bring up your top d-man from the minors and then play the 2nd call up (who has been a scratch some games in Springfield) more minutes?? Makes as much sense as playing RJ more and more yet he accomplishes nothing. No wonder this organization is always near the bottom and players don't want to be here.

You ask very good questions :help:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I suspect Holden will be here the rest of the year. Out of Savard, Goloubef and himself, he is the only one not on an entry level contract. Unless something changed in the new CBA I missed, he'd have to go through waivers again to be demoted. Once Aucoin gets healthy, I'm sure Goloubef will be the one sent down.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I know it's good to have defensive depth, but trading Savard might for a forward might be a good option if Goloubef and Holden are able to solidify themselves as being able to at least play on the 3rd pairing in Columbus and other defensemen in Springy (Prout and Weber) look like they could be called up. Austin Madaisky should be returning from his wrist surgery soon, and he was very good in the WHL last season.

It's a shame Savard can't get it together, but it's good to see that players are getting called up and sticking based on their play.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
For the love of Gordie Howe, he had 2 games. I don't have a problem with his re-assignment to Springfield. Nor do I have a problem if he is eventually traded. But this morbid dumping on him for not playing very well in two games is ridiculous.

bizzz*

Savard is the only one who was chewing pop-corn in the press-box in January while everyone was playing in the NHL or AHL. He might got rusty and inconsistent sitting next to the Blue Jackets announcers and reporters. Emanation of energy, you know.
And Savard still was twice better than AJ on most of the nights last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

stickguy

Jan 20, 2013
Savard is the only one who was chewing pop-corn in the press-box in January while everyone was playing in the NHL or AHL. He might got rusty and inconsistent sitting next to the Blue Jackets announcers and reporters. Emanation of energy, you know.
And Savard still was twice better than AJ on most of the nights last year.

The eating part might be some of the problem. For a guy that doesn't skate well to start with he needs to be in top shape. He looked like he came to Springfield at the start of the season out of shape. I like his offensive touch but defensively he seems to have trouble keeping up. PS, being better then AJ last year isn't saying much...AJ would not have made the team if it wasn't for his Nash connection.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Brilliant use of a prospect for the 7th d-man. This was long overdue.

I see we've already propagated the prevailing thoughts based on amazingly poor use. If he was that bad he should have been sent down a long time ago.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Brilliant use of a prospect for the 7th d-man. This was long overdue.

I see we've already propagated the prevailing thoughts based on amazingly poor use. If he was that bad he should have been sent down a long time ago.

Heck we didn't know he was so bad - he didn't even play for the first 7 or 8 games. :sarcasm:

stickguy

Jan 20, 2013
Damn, that Nash guy is really powerful - he plays for NY, but can make Boston play his pal, AJ!

he's played 4 games and is -2 (worst of any d-man on the team) ...this on a first place team in their division. Yup, that sounds like AJ alright!

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
During his time with the Jackets last year, I think Savard played fairly well.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Good, he was horrible this year so far. Season up, young fellow.

He played enough for you to say that?

I honestly can't say much about Savard's on ice performance, as he only saw roughly 40 total minutes of ice time this year. We SHOULD have saw him alot more given Aucoin's pathetic performance on the ice.

Stretch Factor

Jun 26, 2007
During his time with the Jackets last year, I think Savard played fairly well.

I think the kid has some talent, but his foot speed is very poor. First time I saw him skate I thought maybe he was injured. Nope, he's just slow.

He has to be positionally excellent to make up for it.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I think the kid has some talent, but his foot speed is very poor. First time I saw him skate I thought maybe he was injured. Nope, he's just slow.

He has to be positionally excellent to make up for it.
Concur. Honestly, I'm beginning to worry he may end up like Cody Franson - potentially useful on special teams, not out of place on a bottom pairing, looks like he could be so much more but too slow to actually get there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->