Value of: David Rittich

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Any interest in the artist formerly known as Big Save Dave? Not sure which teams could use some goaltending depth going into the playoffs. Colorado seems like one, if you liked Reto Berra you'll love Dave.

28 year old UFA at the end of the year, reasonably priced in AAV and probably acquisition cost as well.

Career 130 GP 63W 39L 15 OT/SO L SV% .908 GAA 2.83

Not having a particularly good year but not bad either. Not sure what the Flames' plan for him would be, they may be talking extension. I wouldn't call him the most reliable G in the league but when he's good he's very good. A fresh start might give him some extra motivation.

Reactions: Boomstick

DecadeofDarkness22

Jun 5, 2014
I'd be suprised if he returned a 4th/5th, the guy lost his mojo after that stick flipping show and getting embarrassed by the Stars.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I'm looking at the teams that are in a position to buy and not seeing much demand. Colorado should and I think will trade for at least a backup. Washington may do something. Toronto will pursue up to a platoon starter, but probably only if Andersen isn't expected to get healthy. Philadelphia is now on the outer edge of the playoff race. Edmonton's situation is really complicated by Koskinen's contract.

The supply, on the other hand, is potentially substantial. In addition to Rittich, Kuemper, Raanta, Ullmark, Bernier, Reimer, Miller and Dubnyk are trade candidates.

Not meant as a shot at him, but I do wonder if there would be a chair for him period when the music stops.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Leafs may pursue him but he is not worth a whole lot and would require max retention.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Maybe Rittich has more value to the Flames as resigning to their backup role? Is the pick (4th rounder is what I think he’s worth) valued more than keeping him as backup?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad