Player Discussion David Rittich

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
As a slightly superstitious person, I do not like this change.
I don’t like it either, too soon and kinda bad taste. Would be like Price sporting Roy on his mask in his rookie season, before he had even proven he could fill the shoes

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Why does it matter lol

It's a nice mask
It’s a misguided, inappropriate attempt at respect. I know a lot of people, now a days, don’t understand respect or even care about it but it’s kind of like McDavid being drafted to Edmonton and wanting to wear 99. I’m sure Rittich’s heart was in the right place but he really hasn’t proven anything yet. I might be old fashioned, but to me, a guy with 51 games of NHL experience wearing a Kipper tribute, playing for his former team, borders on disrespectful.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
It’s a misguided, inappropriate attempt at respect. I know a lot of people, now a days, don’t understand respect or even care about it but it’s kind of like McDavid being drafted to Edmonton and wanting to wear 99. I’m sure Rittich’s heart was in the right place but he really hasn’t proven anything yet. I might be old fashioned, but to me, a guy with 51 games of NHL experience wearing a Kipper tribute, playing for his former team, borders on disrespectful.
This reads like something I would find on r/gatekeeping.

DubeWheresMyCar

Sep 26, 2018
2evCHLk

giphy.gif

It's just fine. By no means does it suggest he thinks he's as good as him or the next one. It's a great tribute and it goes with the Retro Thirds, I think it's great.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Have a shot of rum and reconsider.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Please elaborate on how this is 'disrespectful', I am just not seeing it.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017

Lmao

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

This is one of the worst things I've ever read on HF and I've been here over a decade.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I love Dave Rittich! Even when he misses a shot that he should have stopped I can't get mad at him. He puts his heart and soul into playing for the Flames and nobody on the team is happier when we win than Dave.

Reactions: joescores

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Please elaborate on how this is 'disrespectful', I am just not seeing it.
I said bordering disrespectful. I don’t like because, I do think there is a little bit of presumption involved with it. It says to me that he’s starting to feel pretty comfortable, in spite of only posting a .902 sv% in his last 10 starts. I just see as moved reserved for veterans that have paid their dues and already proven their worth over time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad