Player Discussion David Quinn: Part VI

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Did Kakko really have less ice time than Brodzinski tonight? I didn’t watch a second of the game so I’ll just assume there was a logical reason for that to happen.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Did Kakko really have less ice time than Brodzinski tonight? I didn’t watch a second of the game so I’ll just assume there was a logical reason for that to happen.

He had the second lowest amount of ice time among forwards. And he was far from the worst forward, one of the very few who (naively) tried to drive some play.

Quinn's style, very honestly, makes as much sense to me as Dolan. Quinn's logic is his own.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
You know who else is connected to Boston U? Mike Sullivan.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Seriously? There are probably at least half a dozen reasons why that game was the way it was.

Also, can we stop with this already? The mythical Quinn Brigade doesn't exist.

Not naming names but those paying attention will know. There's one poster that responds to seemingly every criticism of Quinn with defense. Maybe it's not a brigade, but there are at lease a few of them.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Not naming names but those paying attention will know. There's one poster that responds to seemingly every criticism of Quinn with defense. Maybe it's not a brigade, but there are at lease a few of them.

are his initials also abbreviation for a lung disease?

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
Hey, that man did a great job at cleaning up the boards. He would hijack any thread that mentioned Quinn so ppl for the most part stopped mentioning Quinn outside of this thread. So, I appreciate him for that at least.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
The way this season has went, I think Drury will give him the start of next season. I would not, but with the amount of things that have happened that Quinn had no control over, being the youngest team in the league, and maybe being able to have a real camp to get these guys prepared for a full season, I believe he comes back.

We've seen I believe 9 rookies make their debut or play this season (Lafreniere, Miller, Jones, Barron, Kravtsov, Shesterkin, Gettinger, Reunanen, Gauthier), tons of 2nd year players or guys with just enough games to not be rookies. It is difficult to win when you have 40% of the team being 1st and 2nd year players.

The team does look defeated now. There is a lot of instability at the moment. The guy that assembled them as a team is gone. Gorton has drafted or traded for just about all of them. You hear from the team owner that you've underperformed and that the team is missing something. If this was mid-season, maybe it's a spark, but now it's just going to let any air that was left in the balloon out.

If Quinn cannot get these guys ready under more normal conditions this summer and fall, with players not being restricted on workouts or not having access to ice in the summer, he will be out the door and Knoblauch will be moved up to coach the team.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Kakko had the 3rd lowest even-strength TOI among forwards, only ahead of Vanilla DiGiuseppe and Kevin Rooney

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
He's a dead man walking and he probably knows it. With everything that has come out about Dolan's feelings about this team there's no way he's here next season.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
It’s well documented on this site how I’ve never liked Quinn as a coach but this mood around the team is disastrous for kids to develop in. It’s a total country club with almost zero leadership. Anyone advocating he gets to start next season to be “fair to Quinn” really is putting one horribly mediocre coach ahead of the entire organization. I simply can’t see any possible scenario that makes sense.

Would almost guarantee he’s gone after Saturday and the organization can finally move on from this nightmare.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
1) Brind'Amour
2) Sullivan

3) Tochhet
4) Babcock
5) Gallant/Therien/Boudreaux with Martin

you really think so? I don't know how I feel about that.

well, #1 is not happening. Loved Tocchet as a player so he does get my attention. Honestly, not sure how great a coach he is.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
you really think so? I don't know how I feel about that.

It wouldn't be my first choice but with how Knoblauch came in this season and performed, albeit a small sample size, I could see them going that route.

My preferred option is RBA though

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
well, #1 is not happening. Loved Tocchet as a player so he does get my attention. Honestly, not sure how great a coach he is.
In 2019, we signed Panarin and won Kakko.
In 2020, we won Lafreniere
In 2021, we will land our dream coach.

Money bags Dolan McGee is on the prowl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad