Player Discussion David Quinn: Part VI

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
This team is going to end the season on a six game losing streak and may be shutout the rest of the year.

He's still using Blackwell on the PP and in empty net situations. Still has kids playing with 4th liners.

I don't want to hear the injuries excuse. Unprepared and outcoached.

Drury hired Knoblauch didn't he? I expect a new coach.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Who are the candidates? Knoblauch has to be on the list. What is the list compiled of?

Knoblauch
Galant
Babcock
Roy
Tocchet
Hartley
Julien
Boudreau
Montgomery
Sullivan

Keenan? Lol

I am open to additions to the list. But the bottom line is there are options.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
This may be Jeff Gorton’s guy but there is a reason they brought in JD to be the Team President. There is a checks and balances system at the top and it is going to be needed to be put to use.

well, this aged poorly

Reactions: Ruggs225

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Would Rod even leave Carolina?

i actually wouldnt mind us just going with Knobby.

are there any assistant coaches that are up and comers?

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Would Rod even leave Carolina?

i actually wouldnt mind us just going with Knobby.

are there any assistant coaches that are up and comers?
No. He’s negotiating with the Canes right now to make sure his staff is kept in tact, he’s not leaving

And even if he did want to leave, why on earth would anyone want to come play for an owner who’s liable to blow up the team anytime he’s coming off a bender?

Reactions: CLW and haveandare

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
No. He’s negotiating with the Canes right now to make sure his staff is kept in tact, he’s not leaving

And even if he did want to leave, why on earth would anyone want to come play for an owner who’s liable to blow up the team anytime he’s coming off a bender?

Even though we are a shitshow, we do have a boatload of young talent. I think any coach would love to come here to try to sort this out bc we could be perennial contenders really fast with the right moves. Just need some grit, a second pairing LD man and a coach with an actual forechecking system.

Wr also need to remove a few pansies for said grit.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
DiPietro and LaGreca were talking about how Drury and Knob were on the bench together and the team looked good. Maybe there is something there this offseason.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Who are the candidates? Knoblauch has to be on the list. What is the list compiled of?

Knoblauch
Galant
Babcock
Roy
Tocchet
Hartley
Julien
Boudreau
Montgomery
Sullivan

Keenan? Lol

I think I want either Paul MacLean or Gallant

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Quinn is gone the moment the season ends.
I would say there’s a good chance Dolan butted heads with JD/JG over the statement, fired them, and actually doesn’t have a problem with the coach. No idea for sure but that’s what I’m thinking right now. Drury seems to be a Quinn supporter. And Drury in charge implies the direction isn’t Dolan’s concern. Just simply a power struggle. Just putting that out there...

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Where does everybody get that Drury is Quinn's supporter? If Gorton and JD were Quinn's opposition why wouldn't they have fired Quinn?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Anyone surprised to see DQ rushing to the mic after the game last night to shine in the glory of his players efforts:

“I couldn’t be more proud.”

“It certainly speaks volumes to how these guys want to play for each other and how they care for each other in difficult circumstances,” said David Quinn.

Like it’s been like this all season. I knew this was coming and called it in the GDT. What does it take for anyone to ask a critical question to this man? He couldn’t be more proud?

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I would say there’s a good chance Dolan butted heads with JD/JG over the statement, fired them, and actually doesn’t have a problem with the coach. No idea for sure but that’s what I’m thinking right now. Drury seems to be a Quinn supporter. And Drury in charge implies the direction isn’t Dolan’s concern. Just simply a power struggle. Just putting that out there...

i think Dolan looks at the record and JD/Gorton’s timeframe for winning wasn’t necessarily next season.

Can’t have it both ways though. You can’t resign Kreider which is a win now move and wait for kids to develop 2/3 years later.

RUNYR

Dec 24, 2020
No doubt about it he needs to go. Put the performance aside which alone is a reason to can him. This team doesn’t just lose games 2-1 playing hard with intensity. They lose multiple streak of games 5-2, 6-3, 3-0, etc. unacceptable.

That aside, I’m usually for a change in HC most times when there is a change in front office. Let your new GM get his own guy.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
No doubt about it he needs to go. Put the performance aside which alone is a reason to can him. This team doesn’t just lose games 2-1 playing hard with intensity. They lose multiple streak of games 5-2, 6-3, 3-0, etc. unacceptable.

That aside, I’m usually for a change in HC most times when there is a change in front office. Let your new GM get his own guy.

wasn’t quinn a drury pick?

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014

Knoblauch
Galant
Babcock
Roy
Tocchet
Hartley
Julien
Boudreau
Montgomery
Sullivan

Keenan? Lol

Mark "if you can't win in the streets you wont win on the ice" Messier :help:

Reactions: mrmel329

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
When me and the other Quinn apologists get together for bourbons, we universally complain that Blackwell gets too much time on the PP.

Is the bourbon good or should we make you apologize for that too?

Reactions: Synergy27

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Are the Quinn apologists still defending his insistence on playing Blackwell on the PP? Barron had the second most TOI amongst forwards tonight, so, small victories?
at least AV never played Glass on the powerplay oh wait he actually did even if it was for a few seconds, even the overrated coaches make bad choices :sarcasm:

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I won’t be too surprised if he stays since Drury seems to like him but my gut feeling is they’re just letting him finish the season since there’s only a couple games left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad