Player Discussion David Quinn: Part VI

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
you cannot let this moron have a fingerprint on this rebuild going forward. Do not construct a roster to give him "his guys." This isnt the coach thats going to take the next step with this team. Even if we made the playoffs, it would be the same as last year's play-ins based on the performance in these 3 must win games against the isles and the philly game. If management hasnt seen enough, then I dont know what enough is. This team is near the top of the league in quite a few metrics and we arent even close to the playoffs. Clearly the talent is there.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I want him gone more then anything but I just can't see it happening. This is Gortons guy hes gonna die on this hill

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Keep Quinn, Bring in Bonino to be the Bart Scott/Jim Leonard. Bring in other identity players for the bottom 6 and D. Weed out the guys who aren't helping us go North.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I've said this before and it bears repeating, if you think Quinn is a good coach that's worth keeping you might as well say the earth is flat.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Who the f*** was comparing Sullivan and Quinn?

I'm lost here. We can move on. I think you took exception with "outperform" and enjoy semantics arguments. It's ok- we can move on.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I want him gone more then anything but I just can't see it happening. This is Gortons guy hes gonna die on this hill
There’s literally nothing to suggest this is the case except people needing to justify why a GM doesn’t agree with their opinion on firing a coach immediately for every perceived mistake.

Every coach is every GMs “guy.” Gorton has not shown himself to be one to get emotionally attached with decision making

Reactions: Yuck

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021
Think hes gone....100 percent. Paying him 5 mill a year still...fans will pay..which is why I'm not ever going to game.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
The fact this team was still in contention for a playoff spot this late in the season after all that transpired is a credit to the Management and Coaching staff. Looking forward to the offseason then a full camp with this coaching staff intact.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
JD did all this talk about harder to play against. sticking up for themselves and their teammates. Rangers need players that are willing to defend themselves and their teammates. this soft mentality and soft personality needs to disappear quickly. why is most of the team like this??

Mika got elbowed by Martin in the Islanders game, and did not do anything to defend himself after a missed call. this Rangers team will skate to the bench with their heads in a bucket of ice, before they stick up for themselves and their teammates. sad but true

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
JD did all this talk about harder to play against. sticking up for themselves and their teammates. Rangers need players that are willing to defend themselves and their teammates. this soft mentality and soft personality needs to disappear quickly. why is most of the team like this??

Mika got elbowed by Martin in the Islanders game, and did not do anything to defend himself after a missed call. this Rangers team will skate to the bench with their heads in a bucket of ice, before they stick up for themselves and their teammates. sad but true
Look a the lineup - there’s an overlap of vet skill players and kid skill players that isn’t sustainable long term. Before long we’ll know which skill guys are here for the long term and the team will be filled in around them with more grinder types I would guess. It’s a weird in between time right now where we’re trying to gauge a crazy surplus of skill guys who don’t play a rough game naturally.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Mika's presser was deflating also. I don't know if that's just how he talks in these things but my goodness I felt sad just watching him.
Mika is just a wet blanket of a personality, and a total cream puff. DQ actually showed some fire last season but its gone now. He does nothing for this team. Get him out.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

really would like to hear from JD right about now. No way coudl he find this past week acceptable. The team has become even softer EASIER to play against since last year. Great, you drafted Schneider. What about the short term? Panarin, your best star player and also one of your smallest, almost got murdered because he was the only one who would stick up for a teammate. Despicable.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
the
really would like to hear from JD right about now. No way coudl he find this past week acceptable. The team has become even softer EASIER to play against since last year. Great, you drafted Schneider. What about the short term? Panarin, your best star player and also one of your smallest, almost got murdered because he was the only one who would stick up for a teammate. Despicable.
vets and so called leaders should be ashamed of themselves. if I was management I would demand to play with snarl even if you never had it in their game. at least show that you care

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

To be fair, who are you expecting to stand up for Buchnevich when we have our powerplay personnel on the ice?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

Funny thing is ADA was the one guy who would stick up for anyone.. and he was run off for his mouth. This team is in real need of some gritty abrasive players in their bottom 6. LaF is scrappy but if he’s the only one in top 6 with some pushback we’re gona be in for a rude awakening

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
Are rangers fan ever happy with the coach??

I like quinn, and agree that there should be enormous pressure next season on him. We need to make the playoffs no doubt about it but I swear most of you all are overreacting.

The guy gets blamed for every little thing, maybe if mika didn't have covid to start the year, we could have won another couple games. Same with panarin missing a few weeks. We play in a tough division and have literal kids on the team. Yall gotta lighten up a little bit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->