Player Discussion David Quinn: Part V

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by aufheben, Mar 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnowblindNYR Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Pretty rich considering 90% of your posts are finding people that criticize him and patronizing them. Holy lack of self awareness.

2. Edge Kris King's Ghost

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    So, what you’re saying is that you can’t recall anyone loving Quinn, you’re upset that they disagree with some of your premises and push back against them?

And you believe this is done in an effort to troll you due to a lack of other social engagements?

JCProdigy and haveandare like this.
  3. Bob Richards Mr. Mojo Risin'

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Interim Hamburglar
    You just wrote that Quinn lovers (a faction that does not exist) only like him because they think he's handsome and charming lol

4. Edge Kris King's Ghost

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    This!!!!

Like I keep hearing how there’s this love affair for Quinn and people go out of their way to “attack” the people who want him fired.

And yet day after day I see things like this, or posts that are obviously worded in a way to generate a reaction. Then when the reaction comes, it’s like “Why is everyone attacking me?”

Because when things like this are posted, or someone tries to come up a cute nickname for others, or when someone literally comes on here and says, “hey where you at?”, guess what?

People are gonna respond!

And as someone who would rate DQ about a 6 out of 10, it’s almost feels like a faux argument sometimes and it’s kind of weird at this point.

JCProdigy and haveandare like this.
  5. TheDirtyH Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I saw the comment that the first islanders game "was not really a good look for anybody, including Quinn" get responded to as being too harsh.

As usual the cartoonishness is both sides of the aisle: whomever's willing to stoop to it.

tomobson likes this.
  6. SnowblindNYR Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Well someone did just call him a good coach which is unfounded. How often do you see people overtly say that they love the coach? I'm not upset that they disagree with some of my premises but when you comment on every criticism that anyone has of him and patronize the people that criticize him, what am I supposed to think about that? If you can take Quinn or leave him but respond to every criticism of his (and it's not just mine) then you're either trolling or have nothing better to do. Most people that don't care one way or another about the coach wouldn't spend that much time defending him.

duhmetreE likes this.
  7. SnowblindNYR Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I wouldn't post stuff like that if I wasn't constantly patronized by a few of his supporters. But at this point, the guy has done zilch for this franchise the only explanation is that people like him personally. And there are posters that do the exact same thing. "Are we still ruining him?" That's a common post I see attacking people that criticize Quinn. Is that not a post that's there only to elicit a reaction? That's not even a comment directly aimed at me. I've seen that sarcastic comment over and over and yet it's his detractors that are apparently trolling.

8. Tawnos A guy with a bass

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Well... ironically that comment was made by me, who is probably perceived as one of the biggest Quinn supporters on here. The poster who said it was too harsh also essentially said that his assessment was the same, but the language was subjective (or, a matter of degree)... there wasn't a disagreement there.

9. Tawnos A guy with a bass

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I do think a lot of what you're talking about here is the next step in the process that JD loves to talk about. I don't know that was the plan for this year, though. Particularly because of the abbreviated schedule. I wouldn't be shocked if, on their calendar, they had next year pegged as the time to start elevating these guys a bit more. It might have been the plan for the back end of a full season, and we've seen some evidence of that with Lafrenière and Kreider swapping spots.

TheDirtyH likes this.
  10. Graves97 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I think it’s safe to say both sides are being ridiculous at this point with their respective extremist arguments. However, the fact that most Quinn supports rate him at a 5-6/10 speaks volumes to his ability to coach the team. Me personally, I believe a team with the resources they possess can find someone with both the developmental abilities as well as the ability to draw up the X’s and O’s. Short of getting rid of all the veterans who fail or refuse to employ Quinn’s “system” there is not much to do at this point. I believe we need a new voice and direction for the team.

CLW likes this.
  11. Tawnos A guy with a bass

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    The problem with finding coaches who excel at both is that the established ones aren't going to take a developmental job, because they don't have to, and the unestablished ones may or may not be as good as advertised at both in the NHL. No way to tell until they're in the league.

TheDirtyH and CLW like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.