Player Discussion David Quinn: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Hey clap it up man, that was an awesome and admirable performance yet again by this team. Fantastic. I should be ecstatic with how they showed up.

The only thing more pathetic than this Coach and this team’s performance, are the fans that complacently pass it off as no big deal and are ok with missing the playoffs with a lame-duck response of ‘oh this was supposed to be a developmental year anyway’ — Loser mentality breeds Losing.

What complacency? No one here thought the playoffs this season were realistic. Why move the goalposts now? Because people are pissed Tony D got banished or Laff isn't scoring enough goals for their liking? That's whats really pathetic.

You people wait for them to lose and then come in guns a blazing how awful the coach is. Good luck with that.

Reactions: Bluenote13

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
I hope so because I watch a team like Ottawa who you can see their young players coming together and getting better and better.
I hope we can rid ourselves of the excuses next year. This team as a whole can not regress again.

What young player on Ottawa would you trade for one of the Rangers young players?

I think the people who love Quinn is a pretty small segment of the board. But we gotta get out of this fanatical mindset that if you're not losing your f***ing mind over every thing that you just don't care or that you're automatically fine with everything you're seeing. It's not that black or white, it's many shades of gray.

I don't think there's one person here who loves Quinn 100%

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Ottawa is an interesting situation. The young players are learning their system, they are building chemistry and an identity and getting frontline experience since they don't have any expensive vets to hide behind.

The Rangers in contrast are taking a completely different approach. It sometimes feels as if kids like Chytil and Kakko are their own little bubble within the team. Kakko is playing brainy possession hockey while Zib plays happy-go-lucky improvisation hockey and Panarin does his thing.

I think this team is further away from being a serious contender than people would like to admit. It will take another 3-4 years before that happens. The magic will happen when the kids step up and take charge. The team will no doubt look different then.

Not saying what you wrote is wrong but problem is if that is the case then like you said we really need for the kids to not only contribute but become stars Trouba in 3-4 years will be on there way out and I doubt if Kreider is here he would have any impact. Panarin would probably contribute for another year or so. I was hoping next year make the playoffs and a little noise then in 2021-2022 really go for it the year after with the hopeful decline of the pens/caps/bruins.

Next year is huge. The kids really have to show chemistry together like we are seeing in ottawa. We are seeing that most likely we can't depend on Mika/Buch/Kreider to lead us to the promise land.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
What complacency? No one here thought the playoffs this season were realistic. Why move the goalposts now? Because people are pissed Tony D got banished or Laff isn't scoring enough goals for their liking? That's whats really pathetic.

You people wait for them to lose and then come in guns a blazing how awful the coach is. Good luck with that.

I don't think anyone is rooting for this team to lose just to prove that the coach is in over his head.
It's just a little worrying after watching the last two islander games. I just can't imagine not being a bit alarmed after being outworked and outeverything in such a big game against a huge rival.
Fact is this team is gonna have a worse record than last year.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I hope so because I watch a team like Ottawa who you can see their young players coming together and getting better and better.
I hope we can rid ourselves of the excuses next year. This team as a whole can not regress again.
Who friggin' regressed on the team?Meant from last season. Hopefully next year they take a step forward as a team.
Meant from last season. Hopefully next year they take a step forward as a team.
How did the team regress. What are you talking about? What can you possibly point to, so as to show regression from the prior year?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
What young player on Ottawa would you trade for one of the Rangers young players?

What's that got to do with anything I said. I'm comparing them as a whole. As a unit. How they are playing. But if you wanna bring that up that would currently be a fun debate.
Who would you consider the Rangers young players Vs. Ottawa's young players?
I would sign right now for any of our young forwards to become a Brady Tkachuk (Minus Laf who should have a higher ceiling). I've seen a ton of Brady Tkachuk as well as many of the other young Sens and I would tell you one thing last night would have been much different. Maybe not on the scoreboard but the Islander players wouldn't have been smiling as much.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Who friggin' regressed on the team?Meant from last season. Hopefully next year they take a step forward as a team.

How did the team regress. What are you talking about? What can you possibly point to, so as to show regression from the prior year?

You are your record. Again as a team this team will finish with a worse record than last year despite having more talent on paper.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
What's that got to do with anything I said. I'm comparing them as a whole. As a unit. How they are playing. But if you wanna bring that up that would currently be a fun debate.
Who would you consider the Rangers young players Vs. Ottawa's young players?
I would sign right now for any of our young forwards to become a Brady Tkachuk (Minus Laf who should have a higher ceiling). I've seen a ton of Brady Tkachuk as well as many of the other young Sens and I would tell you one thing last night would have been much different. Maybe not on the scoreboard but the Islander players wouldn't have been smiling as much.

So Brady Tkachuk? Yeah, I'd love him and his 16 goals to0. But the whole Ottawa comparison is odd to me. They stink and they play in a worse division than the Rangers do. How is that team coming together any better than the Rangers?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
So Brady Tkachuk? Yeah, I'd love him and his 16 goals to0. But the whole Ottawa comparison is odd to me. They stink and they play in a worse division than the Rangers do. How is that team coming together any better than the Rangers?

He bring a lot more than those 16 goals that's for sure.

That's your opinion. I don't think it is odd at all. Especially when in 2-3 years they will all be coming up together having learned how to play and gel together.
They won't be stinking in 2-3 years guaranteed. Providing the owner allows the GM to keep his talent lol

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
I don't think anyone is rooting for this team to lose just to prove that the coach is in over his head.
It's just a little worrying after watching the last two islander games. I just can't imagine not being a bit alarmed after being outworked and outeverything in such a big game against a huge rival.

Rooting for them to lose? No, but I can't say for sure. Waiting for any misstep to run into the threads and start with their garbage, absolutely. The Rangers lost last night because their top guys were no shows. What in the hell does Panarin or Zib need to hear from Quinn before last night's game?

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
He bring a lot more than those 16 goals that's for sure.

That's your opinion. I don't think it is odd at all. Especially when in 2-3 years they will all be coming up together having learned how to play and gel together.
They won't be stinking in 2-3 years guaranteed. Providing the owner allows the GM to keep his talent lol

And the Rangers won't? How? Why? Not one young player on the Rangers regressed this year, they all improved. We can revisit in 2 0r 3 years, but I'm taking the Rangers and all their "problems" over Ottawa.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
And the Rangers won't? How? Why? Not one young player on the Rangers regressed this year, they all improved. We can revisit in 2 0r 3 years, but I'm taking the Rangers and all their "problems" over Ottawa.
Both teams "should" be powerhouses and have a bright future as long as they are developed along properly.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Rooting for them to lose? No, but I can't say for sure. Waiting for any misstep to run into the threads and start with their garbage, absolutely. The Rangers lost last night because their top guys were no shows. What in the hell does Panarin or Zib need to hear from Quinn before last night's game?
Honestly it looked like the entire team was a no show and got pushed around to boot.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Honestly it looked like the entire team was a no show and got pushed around to boot.

I am just as disappointed as you are in last nights performance. But I look at the stars and expect them to raise their level. Not having Trouba and Kreider was huge, not an excuse but it's true. Then I look at Laff and Kravtsov and think, this is probably the best team these kids have ever played against in their lives. It's a good experience for them.

Reactions: kovazub94 and bl02

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Again I don’t understand why CHOOSING to be concerned as an outcome from these Isles games, which looks pretty similar to “concerns” earlier this season re. prospects being ruined.

Look at the context. This is essentially the same Isles team that got to ECF to lose to eventual SC champ 4:2. On the way they eliminated Panthers in play in. Then swept Pens in 4 straight games, Caps in 5 and got rid of the Flyers. Is this being acknowledged?

The Rangers roster young as is also was missing two veteran leaders with the most actual playoff experience in Trouba and Kreider, and obviously missing their physicality as well.

Besides nitpicking which two games are important (the Rangers have been in must win EVERY game for like 1.5 months now) if you were more than simply HOPING for a better outcome, being “concerned” now is directly linked to mismanaging expectations and somehow finding Quinn as the culprit to missing these expectations.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Again I don’t understand why CHOOSING to be concerned as an outcome from these Isles games, which looks pretty similar to “concerns” earlier this season re. prospects being ruined.

Look at the context. This is essentially the same Isles team that got to ECF to lose to eventual SC champ 4:2. On the way they eliminated Panthers in play in. Then swept Pens in 4 straight games, Caps in 5 and got rid of the Flyers. Is this being acknowledged?

The Rangers roster young as is also was missing two veteran leaders with the most actual playoff experience in Trouba and Kreider, and obviously missing their physicality as well.

Besides nitpicking which two games are important (the Rangers have been in must win EVERY game for like 1.5 months now) if you were more than simply HOPING for a better outcome, being “concerned” now is directly linked to mismanaging expectations and somehow finding Quinn as the culprit to missing these expectations.

I don't know I watched a lot of islander games recently and the only team they looked decent against was us. Not even close.
These games vs the Islanders were much higher stakes than the games we previously played against the AHL level devils and Slightly improved Sabres. They should have raised the level of their play even higher but instead played with their tails between their legs.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You are your record. Again as a team this team will finish with a worse record than last year despite having more talent on paper.
That the team is even younger than last year, went through ridiculous hardships and was taken out of it's division and placed in what is the toughest in the league makes no difference?

Where is there more talent this year than last year? Are you seriously going to point to Lafreniere and Miller as that basis?? A pair of rookies? You do know that there is a world of difference between simply being talented and having that talent develop to be consistent contributors, right?

Also, are you basically hanging your entire argument on the fact that through 70 games last year, the Rangers finished by being 9 games over .500. And through 51 games this season, they are currently 7 games over .500. That's it? THAT is your argument?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I don't think there's one person here who loves Quinn 100%

That's almost assuredly accurate.

Even me, I'm probably 60/40 on him. I feel like I'm probably not alone in that stance either.

On a scale of 1 to 10 of how people feel about Quinn, with 1 being can't stand him and 10 being love him, I don't think the debate is exclusively about 1 vs. 10. In reality most people are probably in the 3-7 range. But I think there are probably more people in the 1 range than the 10. And for those posters, even someone coming in at 5 probably isn't close enough for their preference.

Last edited:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
That's almost assuredly accurate.

Even me, I'm probably 60/40 on him. I feel like I'm probably not alone in that stance either.

On a scale of 1 to 10 of how people feel about Quinn, with 1 being can't stand him and 10 being love him, I don't think the debate is exclusively about 1 vs. 10. In reality most people are probably in the 3-7 range. But I think there are probably more people in the 1 range than the 10. And for those posters, even someone coming in at 5 probably isn't close enough for their preference.

The problem is WHAT got people to feel 1 about Quinn vs. what got others to 7.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
That the team is even younger than last year, went through ridiculous hardships and was taken out of it's division and placed in what is the toughest in the league makes no difference?

Where is there more talent this year than last year? Are you seriously going to point to Lafreniere and Miller as that basis?? A pair of rookies? You do know that there is a world of difference between simply being talented and having that talent develop to be consistent contributors, right?

Also, are you basically hanging your entire argument on the fact that through 70 games last year, the Rangers finished by being 9 games over .500. And through 51 games this season, they are currently 7 games over .500. That's it? THAT is your argument?

Same people that penciled Kaako and Laf to be PPG players out the gate. Our talent improvement is still very raw and our roster is still one-dimensional. We either beat the team with skill or lose because they can shut us down. You can count the number of games where they won because they played straight ahead simple hockey on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad