Player Discussion David Quinn: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Next time dont follow Quinns plan please, just do your own Knoblach. He certainly did head scratching stupid textbook Quinn shit like having the 4th line on Ovie for both goals late.
Quinn told him to trust Howden in defensive situations cause he does.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Next time dont follow Quinns plan please, just do your own Knoblach. He certainly did head scratching stupid textbook Quinn shit like having the 4th line on Ovie for both goals late.
You know, just when you think that the takes cannot get dumber/more stupid/moronic/idiotic, HF never lets me down.

Not really sure of what the next level of idiocy is, but it’s been reached.

Reactions: kovazub94

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Haha. Next level of absurdity. Though I’m probably wrong - we’ve seen this level for awhile now.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Haha. Next level of absurdity. Though I’m probably wrong - we’ve seen this level for awhile now.

Well..That's kinda bold and I think you are wrong.

Why would you put the 4th line out against the Ovi line?

Granted, the Caps got final line change but not changing on the fly goes far beyond HF levels of absurdity and more importantly it most likely cost the game.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
How much longer does this f***ing stupidity go on for? How much longer do we have to watch 4 righties on the PP1??? You need a Lefty on the right wall opposite Panarin. Towards the end of the first PP Fox goes to dish it to his right and Strome cant shoot off the pass. He has to handle it before looking to make a play. It makes us so slow.

David Quinn is some kinda f***ing stupid. This is the 26th ranked PP in the league. Dumb f***s.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
This is the 2nd game in a row against arguably the hottest team in the league that just proves DQ needs to be dismissed.
This isn't a coincidence..

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
We should treat coaches the way DQ treats players.
You don't win, you don't get any ice time.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcdonagh4captain

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Don't muddy the waters with a select few and valid criticisms.

Our PP is abhorrent. It is 1B, back breaker. 1A obviously being goaltending

Take Strome off and add Buch... or Kakko

Reactions: Smart Alek and RGY

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Don't muddy the waters with a select few and valid criticisms.

Our PP is abhorrent. It is 1B, back breaker. 1A obviously being goaltending

Take Strome off and add Buch... or Kakko
It needs a lefty shot. This is no jab at Strome, even coming from me. It has nothing to do with Strome, although he forces so many stupid cross ice passes. He should be on PP2.

The PP is 26th in the league. Its probably lower after tonight. That is abhorrent considering the talent we have.

You need to add a Lefty shot on the right wall. Everything runs through Fox at the top. So when he isnt dishing to Panarin he is going to his right. And depending on the angle of the pass or development of the play, Strome is either half turned away from the net or, like tonight towards the end of that 1st PP, he is fully turned facing away from the net with his back to it. Thats just asinine coaching. It slows everything down, especially when you are trying to move the puck quickly to catch a goalie moving side to side or to work around high pressure aggressive PKers. As he had to on that play, Strome had to corral the puck first before making the next play. By that time the PKers are back in their box/diamond more settled.

Its just blatant piss poor coaching. Thats a coaching decision to run that unit out there. YES, they still would need to convert and they are still a little too stationary, BUT the opposing PK doesnt have to worry about a quick one-timer on the right wall. Or a quick 1-2-3 passing play of Fox to Lefty shooter and then back across to Panarin with that one-time sorta pass. They PK can cheat towards to Panarin and suffocate him a bit. And the crazy thing is he STILL gets a decent amount of looks.

These are f***ing BASICS. Basics. If the PP was top 15 in the league there would be a lot less focus on this. If it was Top 10 you would say f*** it leave the 4 righties, they somehow make it work. But it isnt. Its 26th/27th. Its a f***ING JOKE. And this POS Bum of a coach makes zero changes to it. He has some f***ing love fest for certain players that he just cannot look past.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
I have to imagine they change the pp up after the buffalo game when they get two days off to practice. It is too reliant on perfect passes and that sucks when we have one of the best netfront guys in the business. Replace Strome with Kakko or Laf and get shots on net and let Kreider do his thing when the rebounds happen.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I have to imagine they change the pp up after the buffalo game when they get two days off to practice. It is too reliant on perfect passes and that sucks when we have one of the best netfront guys in the business. Replace Strome with Kakko or Laf and get shots on net and let Kreider do his thing when the rebounds happen.

I agree. I think it's time to make a change. I understand sticking with the personnel that worked last year when our PP was so good, but it isn't working this year. Part of that has been Mika's struggles, and then Panarin's absence, but we've got to find something that works.

Buchnevich deserves to be on PP1 given the way he has played. Put him in Strome's spot on the right wall and then we've got someone who can actually 1-time it from that spot. It will also give us more cross-seam opportunities, instead of always trying to hit Mika on the back-door.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
At this point, I’m totally indifferent about virtually all of the questionable aspects of the coaching we’ve discussed before. We’ll see how the season goes and what management’s take is on Quinn’s future this summer.

The one criticism I will still make noise over is the unwillingness to change the PP1 configuration, as has been discussed above. It’s not criminal to take Strome off of the PP for a lefty... and our leading scorer just happens to be a lefty. Forget Laf or Kakko on PP1... just put the team’s leading scorer who has great chemistry with Zib in Strome’s spot to add a lefty shot. Simple and there isn’t a legitimate argument against it.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
As opposed to your sheer brilliance?
You know, quite a few posters have you on ignore. For awhile I thought maybe they were just being unreasonable... but the truth is you just blindly defend the shortcomings of this team until no end while putting out garbage trying to be funny like “#Quinnderangementsyndrome”

Everything is Ok! Quinn is the best! 27th ranked PP that is costing the team games...who cares! Howden isn’t terrible! In-game management is no problem! Dump and chase style is great! Team not consistently showing up ready to play all season long and last season, thats perfectly fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad