Not open for further replies.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
6CD0169F-91CF-4187-A266-D3EDBF01F4EB.gif

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland

This lends credence to the whole "overcoaching" argument. Players played more instinctively than overthinking about making mistakes.

A negative positive so to speak...
Really hated the turtling in the 3rd not going for #10. New coaching staff simply has to go. Along with the old one...

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

This lends credence to the whole "overcoaching" argument. Players played more instinctively than overthinking about making mistakes.

Reminds me of when they played the Penguins after the trade deadline in 2013 and blew them out. Torts told all the new acquisitions to just "go out and play". Maybe that's the secret after all.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Reminds me of when they played the Penguins after the trade deadline in 2013 and blew them out. Torts told all the new acquisitions to just "go out and play". Maybe that's the secret after all.
Exactly what I thought of tonight too! That was when we traded Gaborik for Brassard and... who else? I forgot.

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Kinda helped that the Flyers were absolutely horrific, but still hilarious.

This season has just been so... odd.

If the Rangers played a tighter game the other night they would’ve swept them easy. 13 goals in two games.

As far as Quinn goes, maybe let him sit and watch for a few games. He’s a young developing, uh, coach too. :naughty:

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
that's a pretty candid and telling take IMO

Reading between the lines, which I admit, makes it my own take, it’s almost like saying “we didn’t have to fear playing our own games for once”. Also “play for each other” makes it sound like they’re doing that in this particular game and not every game, as opposed to (I guess?) playing for Quinn in other games? They should be playing for each other every night regardless of the coach.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Kinda helped that the Flyers were absolutely horrific, but still hilarious.

This season has just been so... odd.

If the Rangers played a tighter game the other night they would’ve swept them easy. 13 goals in two games.

As far as Quinn goes, maybe let him sit and watch for a few games. He’s a young developing, uh, coach too. :naughty:

If he’s not going to be fired at any point, “benching” him for a few games would be sweetly ironic.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Lol I can’t tell who’s serious or not. This is definitely a hilarious turn of events but I don’t see how it’s logically an indictment of Quinn. The AHL coach coming up last minute almost certainly isn’t telling people to play any differently. And the kids people blame Quinn for didn’t score either despite the Flyers barely showing up.

Again, very funny. And maybe small things like not shaking up lines contributed a bit, but biggest thing by far was the best players showing up snd Flyer being just awful.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Lol I can’t tell who’s serious or not. This is definitely a hilarious turn of events but I don’t see how it’s logically an indictment of Quinn. The AHL coach coming up last minute almost certainly isn’t telling people to play any differently. And the kids people blame Quinn for didn’t score either despite the Flyers barely showing up.

Again, very funny. And maybe small things like not shaking up lines contributed a bit, but biggest thing by far was the best players showing up snd Flyer being just awful.
I mean you can kinda read between the lines from the players that they believed they have a bit more freedom to express themselves on the ice. Obviously you won't change a system in such short notice, but it can be a small thing that makes a difference. Maybe you play with a little bit more swagger, when you know you won't get yelled at the bench for not playing the exact way the coach wants.

I hope Quinn is staying away for the next two games or something as well. Just because I want to see how we respond the next game. Will they continue to play with a bit more freedom and creativity, or was this just a one off because Flyers were so utterly hopeless.

Reactions: Off Sides and CLW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad