Confirmed with Link: David Quinn - New Rangers Coach (Officially official on 5/23)

How does your feels-o-meter rate this signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I like it, anything but AV or another failed retread. If he doesn't work out so be it, but I'm excited to see how he does.

Bern the first time Kreider goes through a slump under Quinn: "Quinn is messing with Kreider, too many frickin line changes, Kreider would have 40 goals and 90 points if not for Quinn." :sarcasm:

Some will blame it on Zuccarello no longer being here.

Reactions: Rangers_23

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
So what system does Quinn coach?
I know nothing about him
I've never watched college hockey
Is he more defensive or offensive?
Does he like to clog the neutral zone or does he like to aggressively forecheck?
Or is he adaptive depending on what talent he has and the talent his teams are playing against?
This is what I’d like to know as well.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Haha my post was more intended as a joke, poking fun at the “they’re both from Boston so they’re a natural fit as line mates!” crowd. But I agree, I’m sure he’ll mesh well with the college guys.

Doesn't guarantee chemistry, but I think Kreider will be a favorite of Quinn (I can't call him DQ)

I'm particularly interested in the relationship between Lundqvist and Quinn. I have no proof, but would speculate Lundqvist and AV had a few particularly ugly moments towards the end. How ugly? I suppose we won't really know until Lundqvist puts a book out in 5 years.

Does Zucc become a Quinn guy? Does he fit the profile - or will that question be unnecessary by July? Who doesn't profile as a Quinn-guy? How does that differ from AV? (Buchnevich)

Many questions.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Quinn should be night and day in terms of developing talent. AV was completely useless in that regard, just listen to some of what Buch said after the season:

“The combinations changed daily, sometimes it seemed to me that they were created in a random way, as the cards from the deck get out.”

“Yes, he did not talk to the players. Something to me at the meetings talked about the “fight for the puck,” but that’s it. Once I was on the (roster), although I did not understand the reason. There was a strange moment. If the team (was losing), then in the third period I played a lot. And if (we were winning), then all the time I sat on the bench.”

Buchnevich tells Russian paper Vigneault hurt his confidence - FOREVER BLUESHIRTS

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
So what system does Quinn coach?
I know nothing about him
I've never watched college hockey
Is he more defensive or offensive?
Does he like to clog the neutral zone or does he like to aggressively forecheck?
Or is he adaptive depending on what talent he has and the talent his teams are playing against?
Reportedly likes a heavy forecheck and attacking D.

Reactions: Metranger

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Quinn should be night and day in terms of developing talent. AV was completely useless in that regard, just listen to some of what Buch said after the season:

“The combinations changed daily, sometimes it seemed to me that they were created in a random way, as the cards from the deck get out.”

“Yes, he did not talk to the players. Something to me at the meetings talked about the “fight for the puck,” but that’s it. Once I was on the (roster), although I did not understand the reason. There was a strange moment. If the team (was losing), then in the third period I played a lot. And if (we were winning), then all the time I sat on the bench.”

Buchnevich tells Russian paper Vigneault hurt his confidence - FOREVER BLUESHIRTS
Nothing shocking here. But this is exactly why AV is not a good coach. Hope Trotz leaves and AV goes there. Would probably bench Kuznetsov whenever the gum starts to lose its flavor

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Reportedly likes a heavy forecheck and attacking D.

I've been in the pro-Namestnikov camp. The forechecking ability may bode well for him. Really hope we keep him. Think we do, and Spooner is the one to go.

Pionk should be pleased...DeAngelo could be a hit or miss with Quinn.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I've been in the pro-Namestnikov camp. The forechecking ability may bode well for him. Really hope we keep him. Think we do, and Spooner is the one to go.

Pionk should be pleased...DeAngelo could be a hit or miss with Quinn.

DeAngelo likes to jump up on the play for sure and is good with the breakout so in theory he could be good but in practice...we shall see?

Reactions: UnSandvich

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Those short shifts were awful. It meant on any given shift there would be a rush and then a dump-in/change. So nearly 50% of the Ranger rushes were dump-ins. Hopefully the players are given the chance to do more. Younger, better conditioned team shouldn’t have a problem. In my humble opinion.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Good luck to him. He'll likely need it. The money and the term don't bother me at all. Hope he helps the young guys come through and thrive. Also, I hope he doesn't outstay his welcome, like the last guy.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Waiting for the official announcement has me like
MCHD7AL.gif

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'm encouraged by the hire. I don't have any playoff expectations year one. I just want to see development and I think we'll get it with Quinn! :)

I am perfectly fine with missing the play offs for another 2 seasons if the progress is visible. Seeing the players develop, try new things. Make it worth it

Reactions: Jeff Groten

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Heavy forecheck and attacking D just doesn't exactly scream protect your own zone to me.
Hmm..Where have we seen that before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad