Prospect Info: David Pope

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Good name. Who is he?

“He’s got, in my opinion, an NHL shot and release,” said Red Wings scout Jeff Finley. “He’s got a great shot. Hopefully, he’ll be a scorer. He has the shot to be a scorer and he has the natural offensive instincts to be a scorer. He knows where to go, how to find space, and he’s creative.”

“He plays enough of a two-way game that if he’s not a scorer, he has the ability to be a third-line type of guy,” Finley said.

http://www.redwingscentral.com/2013/07/01/4021/shot-instincts-make-pope-potential-scorer/

Last edited:

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Last edited:

obey86

Jun 9, 2009

Wolverine Wings

#thankyoubasedgod
Feb 27, 2012
Detroit
Nastasiuk is apparently .5 inches taller than his bio suggests (check his thread). & Bertuzzi apparently grew another inch or so; McDonald hinted at it by saying he's taller than Mitch Callahan.
Hmm. Interesting.

Does that make Lil' Bert 6'2''? I heard he was 6'1'' and growing.

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
Hmm. Interesting.

Does that make Lil' Bert 6'2''? I heard he was 6'1'' and growing.

Pretty sure that makes him 6'1" and his official draft height was listed at 6 foot. But don't quote me on that, there was some confusion. The still growing part keeps coming up tho.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Malik's first impression on Pope.... Take it for what it's worth.

#64 David Pope: Pope can deke and dangle like the puck's soap on a rope. I saw him snipe a couple of slick shots home. Other than that, I can't tell you that he made much of a first impression.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Malik's first impression on Pope.... Take it for what it's worth.

For a guy with five years to develop, good puck control and a nice shot are nice things to hear.

Not really sure how he writes that and says no impression, whatever must have caught him after with a lipper in or organizing a team kegger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad