David Perron

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
Ill add to that, I was there, and watching him like a hawk.
I like Perron, he really impressed me tonight. Good awareness and anticipation, good passing skills, unreal hands, I never got to see him shoot though would of liked to see him get a puck on net. He set up the only Lewiston goal on a semi breakaway, and had a number of good chances. He also fought through some diversity, he took a number of high sticks and cheap shots, but kept coming and went to the net a couple of times hard. He isnt afraid to get dirty in the corners or behind the net either. He has quite a high upside IMO.

Agreed with you on everything !! This guy has a magical pair of hands, it's almost unreal !! Probably one of the most talented player of this draft. His play on the first goal of Lewiston againts Plymouth was a beauty !! He hasn't look that weak as some have haid he was.

He is definitly a top 25 pick. My guess is that the Montreal Canadiens draft him with their 22nd pick... :teach:

brightscout

Jan 24, 2007
Perron was incredible yesterday for sure. He always seems to bounce back after a bad game.

I even think he has higher upside then Kane and Turris, I would not be surprise to see him go #1. Denis Savard would sure love to coach a player like that.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Perron was incredible yesterday for sure. He always seems to bounce back after a bad game.

I even think he has higher upside then Kane and Turris, I would not be surprise to see him go #1. Denis Savard would sure love to coach a player like that.

ok. perron is good and all, but #1. thats a huge reach. i dont see any chanse at all of that happening. maybe top 15.

brightscout

Jan 24, 2007
If Chicago see what I see, I can see it happening. He has some things to improve in his game like physical strenght but which prospects hasn't something to improve this year? Secondly, which prospect in this draft has his offensive potential, his offensive qualities are just unreal. I don't think that Pat Kane and Kyle Turris offensive abilities are better then Perron, Perron's stickhandling, puck protection, vision, passing skills and offensive creativity is just unmatched in this draft. And he plays with a lot more grit then Kane and Turris. He needs to improve his strenght because he is a tad weak but he's already at 180 lbs which is already a better frame then Turris and Kane.

In conclusion, everyone talk of Turris and Kane as potential #1 pick but why isn't anyone talking of Perron as a potential #1 pick when he has in my opinion higher upsides then Kane and Turris. The way I see it, he has as much chance as those 2 to go #1. Plus, Perron is the only gifted offensive player on Lewiston so he can't rely on others to make plays so it's a lot harder for him, he always needs to make plays by himself...

ok. perron is good and all, but #1. thats a huge reach. i dont see any chanse at all of that happening. maybe top 15.

Last edited:

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
If Chicago see what I see, I can see it happening. He has some things to improve in his game like physical strenght but which prospects hasn't something to improve this year? Secondly, which prospect in this draft has his offensive potential, his offensive qualities are just unreal. I don't think that Pat Kane and Kyle Turris offensive abilities are better then Perron, Perron's stickhandling, puck protection, vision, passing skills and offensive creativity is just unmatched in this draft. And he plays with lot of grit, with a lot more grit then Kane and Turris. He needs to improve his strenght because he is a tad weak but he's already at 180 lbs which is already a better frame then Turris and Kane.

In conclusion, everyone talk of Turris and Kane as potential #1 pick but why isn't anyone talk of Perron as a potential #1 pick when has in my opinion higher upsides then Kane and Turris. The way I see it, he has as much chance as those 2 to go #1. Plus, Perron is the only gifted offensive player on Lewiston so he can't rely on others to make plays so it's a lot harder for him, he always needs to make plays by himself...

perron is good no doubt, but he is not as offensively gifted as kane, not even close. have you even seen kane play. and perron is a year older then everyone else. i like perron myself, but you are overrating him A LOT.

brightscout

Jan 24, 2007
I have seen Kane 9 times this year and I really love him. But in term of stickhandling, puck protection, vision, passing skills and offensive creativity, I think that Perron is ahead of him. Perron is unreal in heavy trafic too. Kane is a better skater then Perron and he is probably more fluid then him but overall I think that Perron's game will be more effective in the show.

That being said, I understand your point but I think there will be team that will prefer Perron to Kane, not all teams but some...

perron is good no doubt, but he is not as offensively gifted as kane, not even close. have you even seen kane play. and perron is a year older then everyone else. i like perron myself, but you are overrating him A LOT.

PeteLaframboise

Sep 11, 2006
Yesterday, he made one move that was pretty cool, he was in a semi break away and when the D-man got to him he put a knee & stick on the ice to shield the puck like he wanted to break up a pass to prevent the d-man to poke the check the puck. He was then able to put a good shot on net, first time I saw this move.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I have seen Kane 9 times this year and I really love him. But in term of stickhandling, puck protection, vision, passing skills and offensive creativity, I think that Perron is ahead of him. Perron is unreal in heavy trafic too. Kane is a better skater then Perron and he is probably more fluid then him but overall I think that Perron's game will be more effective in the show.

That being said, I understand your point but I think there will be team that will prefer Perron to Kane, not all teams but some...

to bad we wont see if anyone prefers perron over kane. kane is going #1 overall IMO:)

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
And suddenly, there is anticipation after the top 10 now.

We have finally got a pretty decent crop of players who might fall out of the top 10.

Petrecki, Eller, Backlund, Couture, Perron, Esposito.

It will definitely be interesting what Montreal and Toronto do with their 12th and 13th picks.

brightscout

Jan 24, 2007
Right, this draft will be extremely exciting to watch...

It will definitely be interesting what Montreal and Toronto do with their 12th and 13th picks.[/QUOTE]

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

Not sure that any team would pick Perron over Kane. Rating players also includes projections. Perron's skill set might dominate at this level but he might not project well at the pro level.

I watched him closely last night and he was faster than I expected. That being said, I think Perron is a very risky pick. Although he can dominate with the puck at this level, he does not appear to be athletic enough to possibly have the same impact at the pro level. Also, his play in the defensive zone is uninspiring and weak.

His shortcomings remind me of Latendresse. Two years ago, he fell to the 2 round because of similar concerns. I can see Perron falling to the second round also. I would not risk a first round pick.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
Not sure that any team would pick Perron over Kane. Rating players also includes projections. Perron's skill set might dominate at this level but he might not project well at the pro level.

I watched him closely last night and he was faster than I expected. That being said, I think Perron is a very risky pick. Although he can dominate with the puck at this level, he does not appear to be athletic enough to possibly have the same impact at the pro level. Also, his play in the defensive zone is uninspiring and weak.

His shortcomings remind me of Latendresse. Two years ago, he fell to the 2 round because of similar concerns. I can see Perron falling to the second round also. I would not risk a first round pick.

Ahhh, but wait. The habs have two first picks in the first round. What if they drafted a player like Shattenkirk at 12th(a pretty solid low risk player), then went with a gamble of some sorts with Perron in the 22nd pick. Personally, I think Montreal needs to make atleast one pick with some real upside that may involve some risk. Perron is a player that fits that description. I think he will be gone by the first round, later, or maybe possibly very early secound round. He has the skills and smarts to be a special player if he develops to his potential.

Bégin is the bestest*

i like Perron a lot, he's probably the most talented player in the draft but i doubt he'll be drafted 1st overall. he has a kind of attitude that i don't like. when someone hits him, he tend to overly catch the referree attention, i'm sorry i don't know how to say in english what i want to explain. quand quelqu'un le frappe, on dirait qu'il en mets un peu trop pour attirer l'attention de l'arbitre. also he's 1 yr older than evreyone else who'll be drafted.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i like Perron a lot, he's probably the most talented player in the draft but i doubt he'll be drafted 1st overall. he has a kind of attitude that i don't like. when someone hits him, he tend to overly catch the referree attention, i'm sorry i don't know how to say in english what i want to explain. quand quelqu'un le frappe, on dirait qu'il en mets un peu trop pour attirer l'attention de l'arbitre. also he's 1 yr older than evreyone else who'll be drafted.

my point exactly:sarcasm:

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
My French Teacher would kill me for not know what it means but its been 3 years.. ugh.. Sometime like "When he gets hit, he sells it a little to the ref." ?

lol. ok. i had no idea. i dont know ONE word in french, but i do know norwegian;)

VanNistelrooy

Jun 15, 2005
Habs Land
quand quelqu'un le frappe, on dirait qu'il en mets un peu trop pour attirer l'attention de l'arbitre.

Means

When somebody hit him, he seems like he sells too much the check, just to get referee's attention

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Which also tends to imply that he stops playing, as part of the sell, which of course is a terrible thing for his team.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Perron reminds me a little bit of Corey Perry without the size..........hands seem to be similar and dangles pretty good amongst CHL competition.......of course Perry had a chance to compete in the world juniors and was a year younger when drafted but who knows.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
Which also tends to imply that he stops playing, as part of the sell, which of course is a terrible thing for his team.

That might be jumping a little too far. It's a bad habit, nothing more, nothing less. He's doing it to a degree that it is being noticed, which sometimes works in his favour and sometimes doesn't. On his path, someone will eventually take him aside and point this stuff out. It happens a lot with younger players, embellishing on the calls and so on, they iron it out (or become more discrete) as they mature.
Despite having an extra year, expecting him to play a polished game is a little bit of a reach, this thread of line is full of words like 'raw', 'pure' and 'risk', which Perron definitely is. He's very much an untapped quantity, much moreso than someone that the scouts have been able to watch for two years.

mister lerock

Jul 30, 2005
Perron reminds me a little bit of Corey Perry without the size..........hands seem to be similar and dangles pretty good amongst CHL competition.......of course Perry had a chance to compete in the world juniors and was a year younger when drafted but who knows.

i agree with the perry comparsion but hes smaller than perry and but his skating seemed as good as perrys,look at stall last year he didnt domiante the chl but steped in and scored 20 goals i dont think kane could do the same even if he went to a offensivley challenged team like chicago

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->