David Perron

vincetheprince

Mar 28, 2007
So im watching the game in between Medecine Hat and Lewiston on RDS and the announcer(who is often mixed up and doesnt know his stuff very well) says that David Perron played Midget B two years ago. According to him, in 04-05, he played midget B, in 05-06, he played Junior AAA and this year he is the leading scorer for Lewiston. Is it true? Can anyone confirm?

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
So im watching the game in between Medecine Hat and Lewiston on RDS and the announcer(who is often mixed up and doesnt know his stuff very well) says that David Perron played Midget B two years ago. According to him, in 04-05, he played midget B, in 05-06, he played Junior AAA and this year he is the leading scorer for Lewiston. Is it true? Can anyone confirm?

Yes it's true. That is ****ing insane.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I know he player the equivelant to Tier II last season, and I know he basically came from nowhere.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
I know he player the equivelant to Tier II last season, and I know he basically came from nowhere.

Yeah but taking the jump from midget b to the q in 2 years and excelling...that is wow. I played midget BB when I was 15, just imagine the possibilities if I didn't do drugs! :cry:

vincetheprince

Mar 28, 2007
No double letter coach wanted him on his team because they thought he had attitude problems and he was a hog. So he ended up playing with in midget B where his dad was the coach and scored 150 pts in 35 games..hehe i just did my research

Grave77digger

Feb 27, 2004
profiles.sports.yahoo.com
He posts on Modsqaudhockey.com also. Of course this was before he shot up in the draft and became a "hot prospect". Froms rags to riches, hopefully he makes it. I think he is a big Toronto fan.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
He posts on Modsqaudhockey.com also. Of course this was before he shot up in the draft and became a "hot prospect". Froms rags to riches, hopefully he makes it. I think he is a big Toronto fan.

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

What the hell are you talking about Perron is an Hab fan.

From McKeens:

Perron, a Montreal Canadiens fan, based his difficult decision, in addition to the coaching factor, on the belief that junior hockey is more conducive to his hockey aspirations. Conveniently, it was less than a two-hour drive away from his other option.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Granted, he played on the third line against third pairing Q d-men.
And barely outscored Chris Didomenico of Saint John, who played on the worst offensive team in the league (versus Lewy, the sixth best), who also came out of nowhere.

teddygmr

Jul 7, 2006
I still think Montreal should have picked Bergeron instead of Cory Urquhart; my habfan friends assure me that their scouts will be proven right, however.....I don't know....:sarcasm:

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Nice tip today in front of the net by Perron to give Lewiston a 1-0 lead. I haven't noticed much else from him so far in this game though.

brightscout

Jan 24, 2007
I thought Perron played great in the first game but in the second game, he was almost invisible. I still like him but I have question marks regarding his play. Kid really lacks strenght and he'll need to get stronger...The skills are there but he'll need to improve his strenght and his attitude. He is always knocking his stick on the ice when there's something that don't go his way and he'll need to correct that kind of attitude. Sometimes when I see him play, I see that damn Mike Ribeiro and sometimes I see a lot more...

I'm seeing a bit more what Lalaprise was saying when he was talking of Perron even if I still think he should be a first round pick.

I still think he might be the most talented player of this draft but he could also be one hell of a bust, will he have the drive to be better, to improve his attitude, to pass many hours in the gym? Question marks, question marks??? He's far from a safe pick but he could be a tremendous steal too...

Nice tip today in front of the net by Perron to give Lewiston a 1-0 lead. I haven't noticed much else from him so far in this game though.

Last edited:

GNick42

Perron is a real wildcard. He has talent but is the 18 or 19? ISS has his birthday as May/88

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I still think Montreal should have picked Bergeron instead of Cory Urquhart; my habfan friends assure me that their scouts will be proven right, however.....I don't know....:sarcasm:

im sorry but you are going to be very disappointed if you think urquhart is going to be anywhere near bergeron. so far he has been an echl player.

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

Yes it is true. They had a report on RDS a couple of weeks ago.

The report had Perron saying some pretty nasty things (injustices) on how this occurred. Although within the realm of possibility, it usually takes two to tango. Having read some other posts on Perron, he appears to be a difficult player.

Bryzga lol*

im sorry but you are going to be very disappointed if you think urquhart is going to be anywhere near bergeron. so far he has been an echl player.

he was definetly being sarcastic...Urqhart is actually playing decent enough now to stay with Hamilton, but he'll never wear an nhl jersey.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
Perron had a great game against Plymouth tonight. His skills are really dazzling.

Ill add to that, I was there, and watching him like a hawk.
I like Perron, he really impressed me tonight. Good awareness and anticipation, good passing skills, unreal hands, I never got to see him shoot though would of liked to see him get a puck on net. He set up the only Lewiston goal on a semi breakaway, and had a number of good chances. He also fought through some diversity, he took a number of high sticks and cheap shots, but kept coming and went to the net a couple of times hard. He isnt afraid to get dirty in the corners or behind the net either. He has quite a high upside IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->