Rumor: David Perron wants to return with Vegas

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
He's going to want quite a pay increase for sure but I can't imagine them going above 5

Although, somehow Neal will probably command more money. I'm shocked he only finished with 44 points the way he started the season

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I can't imagine any player NOT wanting to return to Vegas (assuming they pay appropriately). Fun city, good team... now is he willing to take less money than other teams may offer to stay?

Reactions: lawrence

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Perron should be seeing offers over 7 mil on the free agent market based on his previous season. Don't see why he wouldn't get a 4 year, 30 million deal somewhere. I don't think I'd do it as a GM but I can see someone taking that shot.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Ah, the Vegas Dilemma - if players are serious about wanting to return they'll have to work within the team's limits, lower their expectations, and perhaps accept less money then they could on the open market.

Or maybe Perron is just saying nice things before cashing in somewhere else.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I don’t see any reason why Vegas couldn’t retain him, they have enough cap space to keep Neal and Perron while still going after Karlsson or Tavares.
Really depends on what kind of contracts they want. Giving them 5 years or more is asking for problems. They have some very good prospects in Glass and Suzuki etc. Have to be careful giving 30 year olds big contracts. No need to put yourself in cap trouble when you dont have to.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I mean so long as they sign reasonable deals to have a chance of winning the cup would it all fit.

I guess it's possible but you also have to keep in mind reasonable deals for JT and EK are easily going to cost 10+. Karlsson will probably be looking at around 7 if they lock him down long term and Miller and Theodore probably both in the 5-6 range. Might get a bit dicey

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
Perron’s problem is year to year consistency. For some reason he tends to do his best in his first season with a new team.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Definitely wouldn't mind seeing the Yotes go after Perron in free agency, although I'd be wary of giving him too much term. He'd only have to move 300 miles east across the desert.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->