Value of: David Perron UFA

Owen Doty

Jan 1, 2018
What does everyone think David Perron will get in free agency in terms of term and AAV? He has had a great year in vegas(who hasn't) but has had up and down seasons in the past, and has dealt with injuries. I could see a lot of teams trying to sign him, especially since he shoots right

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Let's see if he is a ghost in the playoffs like he typically is before trying to assign an AAV to his next contract.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Coming off a career high in points, I doubt he looks to take a discount anywhere. He's had minimal playoff success, although I think he's been more of a depth piece/complimentary piece as opposed to a top line producer on many of those teams, so if he can have a good run this time around, that might help his value a little.

He'll turn 30 in a little over a month and a half so I can imagine he's going to want some kind of security in terms of years. I'd say he's looking for a 5-7 year deal around $5.5-6 million.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
5 x 5. That's what I'd offer, if he wants more he'll get more. But, that team will regret it later on.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Absolutely a prime candidate for an awful contract. Dude is streaky as hell and I doubt will ever come close to a PPG season ever again. He's normally hovering around 45 points lol.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Lol the blues left him exposed...with all the injuries, could've used him this year eh?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Lol the blues left him exposed...with all the injuries, could've used him this year eh?
Nobody in STL misses Perron. He had 1 point for us in 11 playoff games last year, was dreadful.

I mean I know everyone likes to laugh at the Blues for protecting Reaves but they turned him into Klim Kostin just days later.

Moving forward for a team like the Blues, who weren't going to win the Cup this year, Kostin is obviously a more valuable piece than Perron.

Reactions: 67Blues

Owen Doty

Jan 1, 2018
Didn't realize he only has 14 points in 42 career playoff games, ouch. Will have to see how he does for vegas this postseason for sure. Can anyone comment on his prior injury history? Looking at his seasons he seems to have missed significant time for quite a few years

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Didn't realize he only has 14 points in 42 career playoff games, ouch. Will have to see how he does for vegas this postseason for sure. Can anyone comment on his prior injury history? Looking at his seasons he seems to have missed significant time for quite a few years
He had a significant amount of time missed due to a concussion in his first go around with the Blues in which he missed 97 games due to it. Evidently, he still has lingering issues with it.

Owen Doty

Jan 1, 2018
He had a significant amount of time missed due to a concussion in his first go around with the Blues in which he missed 97 games due to it. Evidently, he still has lingering issues with it.

Thanks. Man that was a nasty dirty hit, no wonder he missed substantial time

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
Absolutely a prime candidate for an awful contract. Dude is streaky as hell and I doubt will ever come close to a PPG season ever again. He's normally hovering around 45 points lol.

I can see this too. Someone will throw up a stupid contract his way.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

There are a lot of things we could have used this year. David Perron would've been helpful yes, but at the same time there is no shot in hell he's over 45 points with us which isn't bad at all and would've been warmly welcomed. That being said the only reason he would've been particularly useful is us needing a RH shot on the powerplay or at least a different dynamic as opposed to moving Tarasenko off of the top powerplay since Yeo seems too stubborn to do so. When he is on the powerplay the whole team defers to him and he doesn't have a one-timer so we turn into a perimeter team that just stares at him when he has the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad