Value of: David Pastrnak

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Boston right now is probably not interested in trading him at all. Once Chara retires and Krug is the best LD on the team, they IMO MAYBE look at trading Pasyrnak for a GREAT young LD. Mayyyybe. Most likely, he goes nowhere.

For value, look at high end LD around the league and work on a deal with one of them (not saying one for one). Hanifin, Sergachev, Chabot, Slavin, Werenski, Dunn, Lindholm, Chychryn, etc.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
A shade under PPG pace for the last two years, 21 years old, making a nice playoff showing, AND locked up for 5 years after this at an extremely reasonable cap hit?

He should command quite a bit, in quality and possibly also in quantity, but who gives it up for a winger?

Reactions: Critical

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Does he come with Marchand and Bergeron? Hard to say if he's a superstar or just a solid top line winger since he's playing with 2 guys better than him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 99664987

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
First overall plus a good ro player. Kids gonna be a top 5 talent in the league

No way is he worth that much, we've yet to see if he can even carry a line by himself. Do you think he can shut down and outscore another teams 1st with a center like Vermette?

For example...

Miller-Stamkos-Kucherov

You would feel comfortable matching up Debrusk-Nash-Pasternak?

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I don't think he's available. Just hypothetical.
Don’t worry, you made that clear enough for the vast majority of readers to understand.

It pisses me off when all these potentially interesting “value of” threads are filled with versions of “he’s not available” after the OP clearly states that is not the intention.

Reactions: McJazz and A91

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
First overall plus a good ro player. Kids gonna be a top 5 talent in the league
Omg, I would love to have him on the Flyers but come on, there is no way in hell he's ever one of the 5 best players in the world. Get real. Great pl layer, yes. One of the top 5 in the world, never ever gonna happen

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
It would cost Provorov or Couts from the Flyers. Not saying either team would do it but you wouldn't like the answer to your question either.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
He should be as untouchable as it gets. And I personally think his contract will be an absolute steal in the years to come.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
That's the question I have too. I think he has a a chance to be as good as Simmonds at minimum. Likely more.

Think he can be as good as Simmonds? Simmonds didn’t break the 60 pts plateau until he was 25 and the 30 goal mark until 27. David Pastrnak crossed both those thresholds at the ripe old age of 20 and then went for nearly a point per game at 21. I’d say he’s already surpassed Simmonds rather easily at this point.

Reactions: Grabner

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think Pasta could be a top 5 scorer, he was nearly already there last season. That kid is special. And people that suggest that he can’t drive a line on his own haven’t really watched him. This season he didn’t always play with Marchand and Bergeron and he did just fine. Obviously it helps playing with those guys, but he has so much skill that it’s clear to see he creates on his own.

There’s way no Boston deals him.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
It would cost Provorov or Couts from the Flyers. Not saying either team would do it but you wouldn't like the answer to your question either.

This. Someone with elite level potential/has already reached a lot of that potential. Provorov/McAvoy level defenseman. Philly probably wouldnt do it though (Boston might not either).

LHD is one position for the Bruins that has a LOT of depth in the prospect pool but none of them seems ready to replace Chara yet. Hopefully one of Zboril/Lauzon/Vaak at this time next year has shown enough where the Bruins can transition without him. Having Gryz step up huge this year really helps the outlook on LHD, they now have 2 LHD (Krug/Gryz) and 2 RHD (Carlo/McAvoy) that shoudl be long term solutions. Proporov would jump over all of them, though.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I'd assume about what Tarasenkos value was right after he signed his extension a few years ago. I don't see any way Boston trades him but hypothetically a young number 1 D. I'd say Panarin level if Panarin was a bit younger or signed to that sort of a contract. Really hard to gauge his value though just not the type of player you trade if you have any sort of talent on your team, which Boston has in spades.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Pastrnak is 21 years old. He's the most valuable asset in the organization.

They would deal Marchand before dealing Pasta.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->