Player Discussion David Pastrnak XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So he confirmed that the reason he had to go back into quarantine was because of the group in Malden. He evades the question multiple times until Dupont (at 6:25) is finally able to point blank ask him about the group in Malden and if that was the reason he had to go into quarantine again:

Literally the whole reason I was upset about the whole thing is him being irresponsible and breaching protocol, but people just jump down my throat as if it's absurd to take issue with that. It does not matter where he came into contact with it, or that he did not get sick. The entire issue is him being irresponsible.

Lighten up Francis...Get over it. Pasta is playing.

Go pick on someone else.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
So he confirmed that the reason he had to go back into quarantine was because of the group in Malden. He evades the question multiple times until Dupont (at 6:25) is finally able to point blank ask him about the group in Malden and if that was the reason he had to go into quarantine again:

Literally the whole reason I was upset about the whole thing is him being irresponsible and breaching protocol, but people just jump down my throat as if it's absurd to take issue with that. It does not matter where he came into contact with it, or that he did not get sick. The entire issue is him being irresponsible.

Sweeney said he didnt break protocol with that practice though. Sweeney said he was still in Phase 2 when he went to that skate and that was allowed during it. Phase 3 was when you could only skate at the facility.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyfan

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

So you were mad that he was possibly going to miss traveling to the bubble with the team, but he didn't. Now you're mad that he didn't violate protocols and are still grinding on him, despite making it and being cleared to play when shit resumes?

Just need to make sure I understand before I respond because I'm not sure why you're still mad since none of what you ran on and on about came to pass?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
So you were mad that he was possibly going to miss traveling to the bubble with the team, but he didn't. Now you're mad that he didn't violate protocols and are still grinding on him, despite making it and being cleared to play when shit resumes?

Just need to make sure I understand before I respond because I'm not sure why you're still mad since none of what you ran on and on about came to pass?
None of that matters to me, it never did. Kase looks like an example of what can happen when it goes wrong. The virus is unpredictable, the whole thing is to take precautions and be smart about it. If someone is actively being negligent and doesn't get it vs. someone who takes every precaution and still gets it, the first guy is still the one that was being irresponsible.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
None of that matters to me, it never did. Kase looks like an example of what can happen when it goes wrong. The virus is unpredictable, the whole thing is to take precautions and be smart about it. If someone is actively being negligent and doesn't get it vs. someone who takes every precaution and still gets it, the first guy is still the one that was being irresponsible.

But again, he wasn't negligent in anyone's eyes but yours. When he skated with that group, he was allowed to. You may not like it, but Sweeney said he was allowed as it was phase 2. So I fail to see the issue or understand why you still have your indignation over it. But hey, you do you.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Let's be honest, deciding to skate with a bunch of strangers was a terrible idea. Whether he actually violated protocol doesn't matter. It was a risk he shouldn't have taken, and it's a risk that clearly has consequences not just in missing valuable practice time after four months off, but also because the guy who was expected to play as your 2RW is now TBD.

The key part of Phase 2 was that players could work out on their own, but that doesn't mean that they should have been working out with the general public.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Let's be honest, deciding to skate with a bunch of strangers was a terrible idea. Whether he actually violated protocol doesn't matter. It was a risk he shouldn't have taken, and it's a risk that clearly has consequences not just in missing valuable practice time after four months off, but also because the guy who was expected to play as your 2RW is now TBD.

The key part of Phase 2 was that players could work out on their own, but that doesn't mean that they should have been working out with the general public.

Could be an international thing though, because both of those guys were skating with random people the entire time they were home in the Czech, they probably didn't know how bad it is here.

If you want to say it wasn't a good idea that's fine, I'm only taking umbrage with the people saying "HE BROKE THE RULES, LOOK AT HOW SELFISH HE IS" when he didn't break any rules and got really unlucky.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Could be an international thing though, because both of those guys were skating with random people the entire time they were home in the Czech, they probably didn't know how bad it is here.

If you want to say it wasn't a good idea that's fine, I'm only taking umbrage with the people saying "HE BROKE THE RULES, LOOK AT HOW SELFISH HE IS" when he didn't break any rules and got really unlucky.

I don't think it was a selfish decision, I think it was an ignorant decision. I honestly put it more on the team because it's their job to fully inform the players. Pastrnak is a happy-go-lucky guy, but I don't think he'd directly disobey a team direction, which tells me management might have dropped the ball.

Reactions: Spooner st

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I don't think it was a selfish decision, I think it was an ignorant decision. I honestly put it more on the team because it's their job to fully inform the players. Pastrnak is a happy-go-lucky guy, but I don't think he'd directly disobey a team direction, which tells me management might have dropped the ball.

I agree with this. Can we move on now that Pasta is with the team.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I agree with this. Can we move on now that Pasta is with the team.
It's ok to talk about it, It's not Pasta's first or last poor decision... he's known for his poor decision making, on and off the ice.
I like the guy, it doesn't make me a hater because I'm not a fan of his happy go lucky decision making.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
He just turned 24. I know my decision making at that age is a little different than it is now. I'm sure he's learned from this. That's what life is..

Reactions: LSCII

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
It's ok to talk about it, It's not Pasta's first or last poor decision... he's known for his poor decision making, on and off the ice.
I like the guy, it doesn't make me a hater because I'm not a fan of his happy go lucky decision making.

This is a massive stretch. He got hurt off the ice last year and got very unlucky this year without breaking any rules and now that's all he's known for?

I know him as the Rocket Richard co-winner. It's not like he got in legal trouble in the off-season and hid it from the team.

Reactions: BruinsFTW

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
This is a massive stretch. He got hurt off the ice last year and got very unlucky this year without breaking any rules and now that's all he's known for?

I know him as the Rocket Richard co-winner. It's not like he got in legal trouble in the off-season and hid it from the team.
He got hurt last year by making an off the ice mistake

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Given you can unwittingly be exposed just picking up some groceries, I chalk it up as nothing more than bad luck that ended up fine. Did he put himself at risk by skating? Yeah, he did. Could he have put himself at risk just getting gas though? Or going to the beach? Again yeah. So as it worked out fine, I don't get the big deal. I'm certainly not going to be whining about it days later, after he returned to practice, and after he traveled with the team to Toronto because again, it all worked out fine.

Reactions: BruinsFTW

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
He got hurt last year by making an off the ice mistake

And Marchand got hurt because the team wanted to have a scrimmage in front of the hometown fans before the Cup finals. Which was worse? Pasta slipping and falling on some ice outside the restaurant of an organized team dinner, or Marchand getting hurt in a glorified scrimmage that the coach ran? Either way, shit luck is shit luck, no? In this case, it's fine and he's with the team. Sounds like a lot of gnashing of teeth over a non story.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

You think...thing again you're not paying attention. He's a great scorer and somewhat passer when he's on his game. It's well documented he's a give away machine. It's the bad that comes with the good. Not someone I would trade unless it's a massive overpayment. But let's call a spade a spade.

He did brake the rules by mingling with outsiders when he was supposed to quarantine himself until ready to join the bubble.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Given you can unwittingly be exposed just picking up some groceries, I chalk it up as nothing more than bad luck that ended up fine. Did he put himself at risk by skating? Yeah, he did. Could he have put himself at risk just getting gas though? Or going to the beach? Again yeah. So as it worked out fine, I don't get the big deal. I'm certainly not going to be whining about it days later, after he returned to practice, and after he traveled with the team to Toronto because again, it all worked out fine.

Has it worked out fine? Kase still isn't here. I know some people aren't fans of his, but he was still expected to be the 2RW. It's great that Pastrnak made it to Toronto, but we don't know what the impact of missing that practice time is yet. You're right, the odds are the it will be fine and the missed practice time won't be a big deal, but I don't think you can judge the action purely on the fact that it didn't turn out so bad. I would have assumed that management would have given the team strong instructions on what they should and shouldn't do, and it doesn't seem like the case here. Again, I'm putting more blame on the team/management than I am on Pastrnak and Kase.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Has it worked out fine? Kase still isn't here. I know some people aren't fans of his, but he was still expected to be the 2RW. It's great that Pastrnak made it to Toronto, but we don't know what the impact of missing that practice time is yet. You're right, the odds are the it will be fine and the missed practice time won't be a big deal, but I don't think you can judge the action purely on the fact that it didn't turn out so bad. I would have assumed that management would have given the team strong instructions on what they should and shouldn't do, and it doesn't seem like the case here. Again, I'm putting more blame on the team/management than I am on Pastrnak and Kase.

Kase isn't but that's on him, not on Pasta. Doesn't matter if they danced across Europe together either. They're grown ass men and get to own their own shit. Pasta is fine and made his commitments. Kase hasn't but there's a thread for him too if you want to complain. :laugh:

Reactions: Ladyfan

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

Somehow this got ignored... it doesn't fit the narrative for the moe rice rich hard. :laugh:

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Kase isn't but that's on him, not on Pasta. Doesn't matter if they danced across Europe together either. They're grown ass men and get to own their own shit. Pasta is fine and made his commitments. Kase hasn't but there's a thread for him too if you want to complain. :laugh:

But Pastrnak just admitted today that the practice in Malden with those high schoolers was the cause of his quarantine, and he was there with Kase, so it seems to me that it was a decision they both made. The only difference is that Pastrnak got lucky and Kase didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->