Player Discussion David Pastrnak X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
After yesterday's game, he's now #1 in points from the 2014 draft. 212 vs Draisaitl's 210. Ehlers is 3rd at 162.
I think he's easily the best player from that draft - wouldn't even consider a one-for-one for Draisaitl. Amazing player, but he doesn't bring that "dangerous" element on the ice like Pasta.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Random irrelevant fact:
Pastrnak has recored 26+31 for 57 points in his last 41 games. Over a full season that would translate to 110+ points and 50+ goals.

On more serious note, Pastrnak looks incredible out there. How much better can he actually get?

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Random irrelevant fact:
Pastrnak has recored 26+31 for 57 points in his last 41 games. Over a full season that would translate to 110+ points and 50+ goals.

On more serious note, Pastrnak looks incredible out there. How much better can he actually get?
That’s incredible..he just keeps getting better and better. Gotta think he gets at least 40 goals this year and finishes top 10 in scoring. Slowly getting himself into the same conversation as Matthews

Reactions: 22Brad Park

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The scary thing with Pasta is you see him getting better year after year. From where he was his rookie year to now is night and day. Hopefully sum that can be a reminder to let some of these young guys develop. Will they all be a Pasta? no, but even an elite player like Pasta need a few seasons to really get thing figured out.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I remember yelling for Barbashev draft day, wanted the B's to pick up a center. Boy was I wrong. Pasta is such a stud.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think he's easily the best player from that draft - wouldn't even consider a one-for-one for Draisaitl. Amazing player, but he doesn't bring that "dangerous" element on the ice like Pasta.

Yeah I think so too. A year ago it might of been a debate, but not now.

The list of forwards in the league I would trade Pastrnak for straight-up one-for-one is awfully small, you can probably count them on one hand.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
He's so dynamic and exciting to watch. I've noticed that he looks a lot stronger on the puck now as well. His first few seasons he was getting knocked around quite a bit, but so far this year he looks a lot stronger on his skates.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Pasta is a beast. All you can do is laugh at the stuff he does, even when it doesn't work out. I'd take him over Mathews right now all day, every day.

Reactions: FanSince72

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
No doubt Pasta goes #1 in a 2014 redraft.

There was a Rumor back then that the Habs had him very high on their list. But when the Bruins choked in round 2 against them, they ended up moving down to #26 because they were in the ECF and Bruins up to #25 from their #30 President Cup position. Bruins took Pasta and Habs Sherbak next. :laugh:

Having Pasta for years makes me get over the fact that the Bruins blew a great chance at the Cup in 2014 when they lost to the lowly Habs after dominating the NHL in every categories all year and having a 3-2 lead in the series...

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
After yesterday's game, he's now #1 in points from the 2014 draft. 212 vs Draisaitl's 210. Ehlers is 3rd at 162.
There is no comparison to me in the better player Draisaitl or Pastrnak.

Pastrnak with McDavid would be spectacular.

Reactions: Chief Nine

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I'm just glad the PBM line knocked the stupid "10 points in 4 games!! We are winning the Cup" Laffs threads off the front page of the main board.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm just glad the PBM line knocked the stupid "10 points in 4 games!! We are winning the Cup" Laffs threads off the front page of the main board.
Leafs finally get talent and 90% of their threads are Cap related.

Going to enjoy 4 Forwards making 40 M of an $80 M cap when all is said and done

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
There is no comparison to me in the better player Draisaitl or Pastrnak.

Pastrnak with McDavid would be spectacular.
UCrU.gif

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Wish NHL.com would have at least put Bergeron or Pasta's picture in the stats page. They are tied and the first time a new person is at the top but they keep the poster boy Matthews with his flaring nostrils and endless forehead in the headline. Other way around you could beat Frankenstein head would have been on one or both.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Wish NHL.com would have at least put Bergeron or Pasta's pick in the stats page. They are tied and the first time a new person is at the top but they keep the poster boy Matthews with his flaring nostrils and endless forehead in the headline. Other way around you could beat Frankenstein head would have been on one or both.
That’s ok, they’ll be ahead of him by the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad