David Pastrnak vs Mikko Rantanen

Who is the better player?

• Total voters

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Who is currently the better player? And who do you take going forward? (Ik they are born in the same year)

Mikko Rantanen

2017-18
16th in points
18th in PPG (Players who played over 50 games)
16th in assists

David Pastrnak

2017-18
21st in points
27th in PPG
15th in goals

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
It's closer than the poll results would suggest but I would rather have Pasta on my team and you wouldn't need to ask twice.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Pasta for now. Both have had brilliant starts though and I think Mikko has elevated himself into the same “class” of player that Pasta is (and has been) - even if he’s a shade below at the moment.

Pasta really would be a franchise forward on a lot of teams - the fact that he’s on the leagues best line with two veteran superstars sometimes makes you forget how good he is. And I think the same will basically be said about Mikko by the end of this season.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
They're pretty much even now and when Rantanen gets even better at using his 6'4 frame, he'll pull ahead.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I have Rantanen ahead. I think he's a monster. 6'4, clearly last season was not a fluke as he's leading the NHL in points.

I was researching the best wingers in the NHL for right now and the future.

If I had to sign this NHL winger to a 10 year contract for 9 million dollars per year who would I want?

I left of all the players drafted prior to 2010, starting with Taylor Hall. Hall at 27 just missed my cut.

I went through every draft from 2011. The oldest player on my list is Kucherov at 25. I would sign Kucherov to a 10 year deal. He also has a 100 point season so it makes sense to have him on. I left of all the 2018 drafted players because even though Svechnikov and Brady Tkachuk look promising I wouldn't want to commit 9 million a season to them.

Here are the top NHL wingers right now and potentially for the next 10 years.

1. Miko Rantannen (22)
2. Mitch Marner (21)
3. Nikita Kucherov (25)
4. Johnny Gaudreau (24)
5. David Pastrňák (22)
6. Matt Tkachuk (20)
7. Patrik Laine (20)

So obviously i'm putting an emphasis on age. I also had a preference for playmaking wingers that drive the offence.

Here are players I left of that also have big potential.

Forsberg, Nylander, Domi, Ehlers, Clayton Keller all missed the cut and look closer to 70-75 point potential players worth around 6.5 million 7.0 million.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad