Proposal: David Pastrnak for Mitch Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidWilliamsCB

Jun 18, 2016
Cape Breton, NS
I think we all know why a fan of the habs would start such a proposal. To try and see two of their rivals' fans argue who is better while they sit back and watch the show. Silly proposal.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Both of these guys are elite young players but I feel that Marner probably has a bit more upside and seems more dedicated to playing both sides of the ice (though neither can be considered good defensively yet).

Can't go wrong with either though. Out of all the current Bruins players, this guy scares me the most.

Pastrnak wouldn't be playing on the top line if he wasn't pretty good defensively.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
I don't see why Boston would do this.

Toronto probably sticks with their fury too.

So no.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
How does this help either team?

Why is a Habs fan proposing this?

We'll keep our guy and Boston will keep theirs.

And you spelt Patrnak wrong.
and so did you. Why do you care who proposed it. It's the main forum for trades. People are allowed to discuss trades here.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Both of these guys are elite young players but I feel that Marner probably has a bit more upside and seems more dedicated to playing both sides of the ice (though neither can be considered good defensively yet).

Can't go wrong with either though. Out of all the current Bruins players, this guy scares me the most.

Pastrnak is actually a pretty good defensive player. Probably gets amplified from playing with Bergy but there's a reason he's there and trusted to be there.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Marner fits the leafs better . He has that elite play making skill the leafs are gonna need down the road and his skating is wild have you guys seen the off season videos he has done?! mind blown

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Leafs need the next 2 seasons of Marners ELC. Doesn't make any sense to trade him for a guy who is about to get paid.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
I think we all know why a fan of the habs would start such a proposal. To try and see two of their rivals' fans argue who is better while they sit back and watch the show. Silly proposal.

I would make an equivalant thread about pasta - mtl player trade, or marner - mtl trade... But. Oh yeah. They don't have any one comparable enough.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Well, he can regress.

Why is it brought up repeatedly that Marner could regress but not Pastrnak. Both players could get worse. Both could become borderline NHLers, but all projections based on past play look to be pointing to the opposite.

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Bingo. A very biased and agenda driven opinion no doubt. He then mentions defense isn't required for a top three forward. Why bring it up in that case?

Oh right I forgot HFs golden rule: Only non-Leafs fans can have unbiased opinions no doubt.

I'll admit I've only seen him in games vs. Toronto which, again, is why I used the word seems, but this is just an example of a play that came to my mind.

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
FWIW I'm not sure Marner still being on his ELC actually does make him any more valuable these days.

The way the market is going the last few years, if the Leafs wait until his ELC is up to re-sign him, they might very well end up paying him over a million more AAV than Pastrnak will likely get for fairly similar production, depending on his progression.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Not a fan of the Leafs, but this would be an idiotic trade for the team.

Pasta is substantially better, but wants approx $8M per. (I expect Leaf fan complaints). Marner remains a ELC and likely Bridge deal afterwards that would still be at least 50% cheaper for the next 3-4 years.

Bruins can dump this overpriced player with another team and Leafs continue with the rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad