Proposal: David Pastrnak for Mitch Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Similar caliber of player Marner has a bit more upside Pastrnak is better and more well rounded right now.

But yeah, both teams wouldn't have much interest.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
This is an extremely pointless trade for both teams with the possibility of giving the superior young elite talent to a divisional rival

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Similar caliber of player Marner has a bit more upside Pastrnak is better and more well rounded right now.

But yeah, both teams wouldn't have much interest.

Add to that Mitch is a home town kid... I'd rather have Marner for his potential ceiling too.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
How does this help either team?

Why is a Habs fan proposing this?

We'll keep our guy and Boston will keep theirs.

And you spelt Patrnak wrong.

EDIT: Leaving the typo for lulz

Last edited:

LeafGm

Jan 10, 2009
Pastrnak's an absolute stud, but then so is Mitch Marner.

Marner also has the advantage of still having two more cheap seasons left on his ELC, while Pastrnak needs to be paid big bucks, starting this season. Marner also has six more seasons left before he's eligible to be a UFA, while Pastrnak only has four.

So unless you think Pastrnak's on a completely different level than Marner, and there's no real evidence of this---there's no point to making this deal from Toronto's end. As for Boston---I mean, goddamn, just bite the bullet and give Pastrnak his money. He'll be worth every penny of his deal, and eventually the Bruins need to stop dumping their young studs as soon as they turn 21 years old.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
On the bright side, it would probably work out better for us than Rask for Raycroft did :laugh:

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Seems like one of the most lateral moves that could be made.

No point in risking that one system helps out one guy more than the other.

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
Bruins might do it just to kick the can down the road a bit, but yeah ultimately it's a lateral move. Marner probably fits in better with your core while Pastrnak is proven to be effective in ours, so no real reason to bother here.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
This all comes down to who you prefer, and I prefer Marner. Kid's a winner.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Marner has two more ELC seasons left. So that alone is more valuable if we consider them a wash today and in the future.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Value heavily favours Boston due to Marner still having two more years of ELC while Pastrnak is about to get $8m. Not to mention you can argue Marner is just as good and has higher potential.

Huge no from the Leafs side.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'm going to keep the guy who has 2 more years on a cheap deal, and two more years before ELC. I believe long-term Marner will be the better player, but that's highly debatable. The likely cost of each player though makes Marner the more valuable player over the next 2 to 3 years.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
No thanks. Marner 2 more years on an ELC.
Drai just guaranteed Pastrnak gets 7+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad