Value of: David krejci

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
After the reports that the bruins were trying to unload backes and were receiving calls on krejci I was curious what teams would be willing to give up to get krejci since he’s clearly wanted by at least a couple. He currently makes 7.25m for a couple more years and is probably good for 50-65 points a year as a 2C. What would a fair return for him be with no retention?

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Couple of Montreal's 2nd round picks. They should use all 4 to restock the cupboards but they are so truly pathetic at C and have the cap space, they need to do something.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
After the reports that the bruins were trying to unload backes and were receiving calls on krejci I was curious what teams would be willing to give up to get krejci since he’s clearly wanted by at least a couple. He currently makes 7.25m for a couple more years and is probably good for 50-65 points a year as a 2C. What would a fair return for him be with no retention?
From a fan perspective, I think you’d have to blow Boston out of the water with a proposal. Mostly because after Bergeron their centre depth would be non existent.

Don’t forget Krejci has a NMC as well.

In other words, it’s probably not going to happen.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Would probably take a first, a second, and a top shelf prospect or a top 6 winger and a high end prospect at the least.

David has a home in Carolina and with the Canes new owner there may be a good for Krecji as he has a home in Carolina.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Would probably take a first, a second, and a top shelf prospect or a top 6 winger and a high end prospect at the least.

David has a home in Carolina and with the Canes new owner there may be a good for Krecji as he has a home in Carolina.

Sign me up for that deal! So if Boston trades krejci maybe a 1st, a 2nd, someone like teuvo terravainen (top 6 forward) and Jake bean (high end prospect) ! Hell yeah.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
its more interesting what other teams would offer... but if boston is trading him there has to be a reason. he has a ntc. we have a need for him. the ONLY reason to upset the apple cart would be if there was some alternative plan how to spend the cap hit and how to fill the second line center spot

I SERIOUSLY DOUBT that we are trading krejci expecting full value back for him. we simply are not in a position to shop him to the highest bidder. if we are actually looking to move him we have something particular in our mind.

im betting the number of teams he would waive his ntc for are like...3 or 4 at the most. hes in the driver seat. theres no rumors at all that hes unhappy and wants out.

so yeah... im interested what other teams might offer, but bruin fans posting here have to keep in mind this isn't a typical situation where a team could expect full value. this will be a joe thornton/tyler seguin deal if/when it happens and we wont be happy with the result because we aren't privy to the inner circle and don't know the master game plan

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Probably about 4-5 years too late.

NMC
Slightly overpaid
Questionable consistency
From a fan perspective, I think you’d have to blow Boston out of the water with a proposal. Mostly because after Bergeron their centre depth would be non existent.

Don’t forget Krejci has a NMC as well.

In other words, it’s probably not going to happen.
How can we ever forget he has one? People bring it up every single time his name comes up.

Players with NMC's never get traded nor ever asked to waive, right? That's how it works, right? And everyone here is Krejci's BFF and knows he won't.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Sign me up for that deal! So if Boston trades krejci maybe a 1st, a 2nd, someone like teuvo terravainen (top 6 forward) and Jake bean (high end prospect) ! Hell yeah.

Huge overpayment. I take that and run. Still leaves a hole at 2C but that package would be too hard to pass up.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
With Krejci's salary and consistency concerns, I would have a hard time paying even a first and a prospect like Bean. Expecting that, along with another pick and and a top line winger like Teravainen is just incredibly laughable though.

Reactions: Estlin

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
If Krejci were to waive his NMC and Carolina were interested, would a one-for-one swap with Lindholm work? I'm not really sure what the Hurricanes would be willing to give up. Ideally, Boston would want a center to replace Krejci.

Rusty8719

Feb 21, 2018
Late 1st + B prospect for a playoff team.

A mid first from a team that thinks they are a player or two away from where they want to be also makes sense value wise (Islanders this year, Hawks if their pick was closer to 15, etc)

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
Would The devils be a fit for David Krejci?Move Sachs to the wing on the line with Hall and Hischier and then the 2nd line could be Johansson Krejci and Palmeiri??

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
It's strange with Krejci.

He's overpaid for sure, but he's still a very good 2C. The only way we'd trade Krejci is if we were able to replace him, which begs the question of why trading him is even worth it?

I think the only way Krejci is moved is if Tavares signs in Boston...and if that's the case I'd probably move Krejci out west for a 1st and a B prospect (or equal returns).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad