Status
Not open for further replies.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Not a snowballs chance in hell he would have stayed
in school even past two years.

He left after ONE year at Michigan. Completely
ridiculous take here.
Know what is ridiculous, your reading comprehension. I said there was reports about him not wanting to sign with the bruins. If that is the case he would have stayed in school all 4 years so he could become a free agent.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Listen. The team is in first. Trading away their second best centre for future aspirations is the dumbest thing ever. They will need him if they want to win the cup. You know the cup? The ultimate prize. They are a cup contender. Cup contenders do not trade and rebuild they try and win cups.
In my opinion, this year, Coyle deserves that title of second line center.

It's time to face facts- Krejci is slowing down, making more stupid mistakes than ever. Sometimes I swear it seems that he's playing for the opposition, as he always passes the puck right to an opposing player.

No one can build any chemistry with Krejci because he plays his own game alone. DeBrusk and him both did their own thing on the ice, however, it worked for them for the most part. The endless list of wingers he's gone through seems a bit excessive to me- they all aren't that bad.

I love Krejci, but like other players that we enjoy and watch faithfully, we have to be realistic. This guy has been slowing down for several years now, and even DeBrusk can't mask his errors on the ice anymore. I'm glad DeBrusk is back with Coyle- they have great chemistry together, in my opinion. If anything, I feel that they should be the second line.

You can't tell me that Kase and Ritchie suck out there. Two new linemates, both working hard every night. Nope.

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014
Some crazy takes in this thread...Coyle has proven repeatedly through-out his career that he plays his best hockey centering the 3rd line and yet many of you want him moved up like he will be some force.

As for poor David, he has been getting the more difficult match ups and a complete Whitmans sampler pack on his wings and still has outproduced Coyle in less games.

I struggle to see a declining player but rather see a player who had a small slump. Last season he had a career year with (.902/gm) and through his first 47 games he had 39 points (.830/gm normal carer pace) but then had 1 point through 9 games. Of course Debrusk, Heinen and Kuhlman all went cold during that stretch as well.

Now he is given the two new guys to babysit as they get acclimated and Jake has been demoted to the 3rd line. Net result, Krejci now has 2 points in his last 3 games...back to career pace and had a great game against Dallas as well.

I know we won't, but I bet we can put the pitch forks and torches away for now...

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

It's time to face facts- Krejci is slowing down, making more stupid mistakes than ever. Sometimes I swear it seems that he's playing for the opposition, as he always passes the puck right to an opposing player.

No one can build any chemistry with Krejci because he plays his own game alone. DeBrusk and him both did their own thing on the ice, however, it worked for them for the most part. The endless list of wingers he's gone through seems a bit excessive to me- they all aren't that bad.

I love Krejci, but like other players that we enjoy and watch faithfully, we have to be realistic. This guy has been slowing down for several years now, and even DeBrusk can't mask his errors on the ice anymore. I'm glad DeBrusk is back with Coyle- they have great chemistry together, in my opinion. If anything, I feel that they should be the second line.

You can't tell me that Kase and Ritchie suck out there. Two new linemates, both working hard every night. Nope.

The problem with this statement is that last year he had his equal-best ever season in terms of production, and then he followed that up with a pretty decent playoffs. So if he's lost a step, and yeah he probably has, it certainly didn't hurt his ability to be effective last year. This season he's had his moments but overall he definitely hasn't been at his best. But I think it's way too early to say he's in terminal decline. The sample size is too small coming off a career year, yet again he's had to deal with a revolving door of wingers, and he's riding along in a team that's top of the league, so the incentive to lift his game an extra 5-10% hasn't exactly been strong.

I think we have to see how he goes in the postseason. He has a solid history of being a dynamite playoff performer, and really everything thus far for Boston has only been a warm-up for the serious stuff. If he struggles then I'd be prepared to think that perhaps it's time to shuffle him down or out, but if he does well then at the very least he'll see out his contract and keep his 2C spot for one more year. I back him to step up, but we'll just have to wait and see.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Some crazy takes in this thread...Coyle has proven repeatedly through-out his career that he plays his best hockey centering the 3rd line and yet many of you want him moved up like he will be some force.

As for poor David, he has been getting the more difficult match ups and a complete Whitmans sampler pack on his wings and still has outproduced Coyle in less games.

I struggle to see a declining player but rather see a player who had a small slump. Last season he had a career year with (.902/gm) and through his first 47 games he had 39 points (.830/gm normal carer pace) but then had 1 point through 9 games. Of course Debrusk, Heinen and Kuhlman all went cold during that stretch as well.

Now he is given the two new guys to babysit as they get acclimated and Jake has been demoted to the 3rd line. Net result, Krejci now has 2 points in his last 3 games...back to career pace and had a great game against Dallas as well.

I know we won't, but I bet we can put the pitch forks and torches away for now...

par for the course, not really even worth getting upset about anymore. They needed a top 6 forward and the answer is a couple of 3rd liners from last place Anaheim who an aging krejci is somehow supposed to make into a contending line in the cup final. I predicted Krejci would be traded this offseason bc of his upcoming free agency and he'll take the blame if the Kase experiment fails. Imagine if they added player like Taffoli, sadly reinforcements to the top 6 again never arrived.

Debrusk Krejci Ritchie is the best option I see right now. Ritchie plays the physical game and creates space for the other two

Last edited:

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
I agree Krejci seems to be a step behind lately. His carousel of line mates never stops either though...
He is always been a step behind. And two steps ahead in the way he see's the game. I have laughed at Krejci haters over the years talking about his lack of physical play to his injury history, and whatever other dopey in accurate observation they make. There is nothing wrong with Krejci, he is the same nifty, smart, generational play maker he has always been. He has an AHL player in Kuhlman and a round robin of 3rd line misfits that he has been playing with for years. That is the shame of the GM and the organization in itself. It is almost like 5 years since Krejci had top six players to play with. Probably the most valuable Bruin the last 12 years. In 2010 when he went down, The team folded. Be careful because when he is gone, That void wont be filled easily. But just look up in the rafters cause 46 will be there and if you ask the players he has played against in his career they will also tell you he is a hall of fame player....And he is. Shame he has not been used to the best of his talent. Shameful of management. And i would add probably one of the reasons this team in my opinion has not won as many cups as they should have won the last 12 years. No doubt.

Reactions: dafoomie and Skelen

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Know what is ridiculous, your reading comprehension. I said there was reports about him not wanting to sign with the bruins. If that is the case he would have stayed in school all 4 years so he could become a free agent.

Post a link from one reputable scource saying
Kyle Connor told ANYONE he would stay in school
four years.

Connor was clearly ready for top 6 AHL duty
after his Fr year and he wasn't risking his career
staying at Michigan. You're delusional.

Reactions: Rumpy

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Even with his history of injury I don't worry much about Krejci declining physically because his game is between his ears & there is absolutely nothing wrong with his brain. I actually think he's been healthier the past 2 seasons than he ever was, getting his hip issues fixed has made all the difference. I'm sure he's got a few nicks & bumps but everyone does by this time of the season.

Yeah he's in a slump. Everybody goes through slumps. He'll be fine.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

There is very little difference between the effectiveness
of Coyle and Krejci. Facts are DK has looked poor the last 8-9 games. Coyle has had stretches of 2-3 games maybe 2 times where he has been invisible or poor. This is a prolonged stretch for DK and its something to watch
out for.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010

Ritchie And kase aren’t even on his level. He is +15 and almost has 50 points. Coyle has shown he is most effective on the third line. Krecji is playing pretty good in my opinion. I think ppl are turning him into a whipping boy around here. He is a very good two way centre

Reactions: BMC

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Why is there always outrage against players if they slump? It's part of the game. If players hardly slump they make 10 million a year. It's the NHL, it happens. Playoffs are the only thing that matter for Krejci and the rest of the team.

Reactions: BMC and Chief Nine

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I love Krejci. He’s a machine in the playoffs. That being said, deal him at the draft for picks.

Call Buffalo and make them an offer for Eichel.
Studnicka + Vaak + 2021 1st + picks acquired for Krejci

Reactions: Kegs and TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
10 games, 2 points, -7.

Is this one of Krejci's slumps, or are we starting to see signs of him slowing down?

I think hes in a mental funk. With so many different wingers its hard to get chemistry and build chemistry.At least for me he seems to still be going to the right areas offensively and defensively.

The one thing I've noticed offensively, he's been hanging on to the puck too long and not making that quick pass or hitting that open guy, he hasn't lost his on ice vision, I think its more of or just not being in tone with his line-mates.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I love Krejci. He’s a machine in the playoffs. That being said, deal him at the draft for picks.

Call Buffalo and make them an offer for Eichel.
Studnicka + Vaak + 2021 1st + picks acquired for Krejci
I agree. I would deal Krejci at the draft and start the Studnicka era, but there's no way Buffalo is trading Eichel unless the Bruins start with McAvoy.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
par for the course, not really even worth getting upset about anymore. They needed a top 6 forward and the answer is a couple of 3rd liners from last place Anaheim who an aging krejci is somehow supposed to make into a contending line in the cup final. I predicted Krejci would be traded this offseason bc of his upcoming free agency and he'll take the blame if the Kase experiment fails. Imagine if they added player like Taffoli, sadly reinforcements to the top 6 again never arrived.

Debrusk Krejci Ritchie is the best option I see right now. Ritchie plays the physical game and creates space for the other two

Toffoli I think would of been a perfect winger for Krejci but Ive never have been a big fan of him with Debrusk. Krejci likes to be the Alpha dog unless he's with Pasta and Marchand and Debrusk is an unleashed dog when he's on the ice, bad match

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Goal drought is at 14 games now, the scary part to me is he only has 17 shots on net during that time frame. Guess I'm a bit more of a pessimist than most, because this doesn't seem like a regular slump to me.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Krejci is very tradeable come draft day. One year left. Great resume and a cagey vet. A pair of 2nd’s for Krejci. Lots of teams would take him. Stud is ready.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Krejci is very tradeable come draft day. One year left. Great resume and a cagey vet. A pair of 2nd’s for Krejci. Lots of teams would take him. Stud is ready.
Studnicka is ready for what? 2nd line center?

Im of the belief (as others have mentioned here) Coyle is most effective at 3C

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Goal drought is at 14 games now, the scary part to me is he only has 17 shots on net during that time frame. Guess I'm a bit more of a pessimist than most, because this doesn't seem like a regular slump to me.

Coast mode till playoffs for him.Main thing for me is he goes in healthy.Care less if he scores another regular season goal so long as he is ready to go come playoffs.He has to know his body only has to many more big games in it.He will answer the bell come playoffs.

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
I think I may have opened this Pandora's box a few days earlier and appreciate the debates it has generated. In the end, I don't dislike Krejci and appreciate his contributions over the years, but still believe he needs to be a piece as part of a tempered rebuild, sort of what they did back in 2015. He still has marketability and the B's need to restock their youth forward prospect pipeline. Aside from Studnicka, doesn't appear there's much there to help them compete vs other eastern conference teams stacked with up and coming talent. Granted, they look to be good on D for the foreseeable future, but they will need guys to put the puck in the net.

I still say they are 1-2 years from a major decline a la Sharks / Ducks, so when you come off a decade like the last one the B's and you have enjoyed, it could be a long rebuild when 1st round picks are being dealt away.

They did well in a deep 2015 draft but should have done great. They could have landed a major haul which would have set up the B's to be real competitive for the next 10 years, but instead the B's went off the board - Senyshyn is a bust (accept it) and Zboril may become a 3rd pairing d-man.

I say deal from strength and move Krejci + one or more of Clifton / Moore / Vaak / Zboril and try to regain a 2020 1st rounder or high end prospect.

Sweeney is a smart guy and I expect has already done all this math though. There shouldn't be any loyalty when you think longer term success.

Last edited:
Reactions: Estlin and kdog82
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad