Player Discussion David Krejci VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I said it during the last off season and still believe they should have traded Krejci while his stock was / is high. There needs to be a watered down version of what they did in 2015 with moving serviceable players for a tempered rebuild. Aside from Studnicka, I am not convinced they have enough high end offensive talent in their prospect pool to be competitive in the conference in 2-3 years from now. (Wouldn't be saying this had we drafted the no brainers in a deep 2015 draft)
Good thing you’re not the gm then. Trade him for a rebuild? They are the best team in the league at this point.

trade him for a rebuild he says.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
They passed on Barzal because of character concerns. fully support this. what about Connor? they went off the board and failed. they got lucky / are fortunate that Carlo and Lauzon have taken hold. otherwise 5 picks in the first 52 of a strong draft would have been a wipeout.
The draft is a crapshoot. Let’s just be thankful for what they did get and not what they missed out on.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
They passed on Barzal because of character concerns. fully support this. what about Connor? they went off the board and failed. they got lucky / are fortunate that Carlo and Lauzon have taken hold. otherwise 5 picks in the first 52 of a strong draft would have been a wipeout.
Well there are reports out there saying Connor wouldn't have signed with the Bruins. Imagine drafting a guy then after 4 years of college losing him.

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
Good thing you’re not the gm then. Trade him for a rebuild? They are the best team in the league at this point.

Live in the present then. After being spoiled for the last decade, the B's are about 1-2 years away from being the current version of the Sharks / Ducks...also look at the up and coming talent of the teams in the eastern conference.

The B's forward youth talent pool is so razor thin that if you consider the notion of a tempered rebuild something to scoff at, then you're the HF board's equivalent of Pete Chiarelli.

Reactions: Krupp

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Live in the present then. After being spoiled for the last decade, the B's are about 1-2 years away from being the current version of the Sharks / Ducks...also look at the up and coming talent of the teams in the eastern conference.

The B's forward youth talent pool is so razor thin that if you consider the notion of a tempered rebuild something to scoff at, then you're the HF board's equivalent of Pete Chiarelli.
Listen. The team is in first. Trading away their second best centre for future aspirations is the dumbest thing ever. They will need him if they want to win the cup. You know the cup? The ultimate prize. They are a cup contender. Cup contenders do not trade and rebuild they try and win cups.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
I'm concerned. 2 points in his last 10, and a -7 in that time.

It would be one thing if it was just the points, because his wingers haven't been scoring a ton during that span either (DeBrusk has 0 points in 10 games), but Krejci seems to be getting knocked off the puck easily, and is spending more and more time in his own zone.

Agreed. It's concerning because Krejci was excellent from start to finish last season. One can only hope this isn't a case of him wearing down with age. Sadly, Bergeron seems to be slowing down as well. He's sub-PPG despite playing with two of the very best players in the game. Last season he was well over PPG. This may be our last shot at winning with our current group of centres.

Reactions: PlayMakers

easton117

Nov 11, 2017

I don’t think it’s incorrect to question their long term talent up the middle. Coyle is an excellent 3c. Passable 2C. Kuraly tops out as a 3c. Studnicka is a who the hell knows despite what everyone hopes.

Sweeney should absolutely listen if a team came calling about Krejci this summer. If they offered a player or two that projected well on the right side of 30 you’d have to give it some thought no?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Right now it's tough to see him re-signed.

I don't think it's a good idea to look at Bergeron/Krecji/Coyle top9 for the next 3-5 years in the middle(damm would that be slow)

Sweeney needs to start a retool in the following years whoever ends up being the answer.
Letting Krejci walk frees up lot of money, a spot and forces Sweeney to look for answers.

This is not a hate post on Krejci but someone needs to go and it shouldn't be Bergeron nor Coyle.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Right now it's tough to see him re-signed.

I don't think it's a good idea to look at Bergeron/Krecji/Coyle top9 for the next 3-5 years in the middle(damm would that be slow)

Sweeney needs to start a retool in the following years whoever ends up being the answer.
Letting Krejci walk frees up lot of money, a spot and forces Sweeney to look for answers.

This is not a hate post on Krejci but someone needs to go and it shouldn't be Bergeron nor Coyle.
I think he just resigns him for closer to 5 mil. Hard to imagine letting krecji walk. He is one of the best playoff performers on the team. I think he retires a bruin personally. Then again. I really find his 200 foot game so good

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Well there are reports out there saying Connor wouldn't have signed with the Bruins. Imagine drafting a guy then after 4 years of college losing him.

Not a snowballs chance in hell he would have stayed
in school even past two years.

He left after ONE year at Michigan. Completely
ridiculous take here.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think he just resigns him for closer to 5 mil. Hard to imagine letting krecji walk. He is one of the best playoff performers on the team. I think he retires a bruin personally. Then again. I really find his 200 foot game so good

The thing is he was.

Do you really want to have Bergeron at 38y, Krecji at 37y in the middle?
What are you going to do with Stud then, ask him to wait 5 years?
Boston needs to start to bring in to the NHL and Bergeron& Coyle can shelter him

Krejcis contract ends when he’s 35y, that’s a nice age to say goodbye to him

Last edited:
Reactions: wintersej

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So the choice for Butch is - do you rest him to get him going, or do you play him to get the new guys used to him?
Middle ground is perfect

15 minutes

no back to backs

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

I don't disagree with your point about high end
forward talent below the parent club. However
they have a top 5 D corp that has a 22,23, 23 and
& 25 year old in the top 6.

Rask appears to be capable of elite level goal tending with Halak (I would overpay by 500K to keep Halak) through 2022-23. Honestly, its much easier to win with
very good team D, than a team trying to outscore
its mistakes.

Pastrnak, DeBrusk and Kase is a good base of young
top 6 F wingers. Coyle to me is their #2 C right now, but only
top six center under 30.

Hope Rask is good friends with Barkov as he might be
the only true #1C available in FA soon.
If Boston can sign him they would be in really good shape in the next 3-4 years.

Reactions: badbrewin

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Agreed. It's concerning because Krejci was excellent from start to finish last season. One can only hope this isn't a case of him wearing down with age. Sadly, Bergeron seems to be slowing down as well. He's sub-PPG despite playing with two of the very best players in the game. Last season he was well over PPG. This may be our last shot at winning with our current group of centres.

Is it Washington's last chance? Ovechkin is Bergeron's
age and Oshie is Krejci's age. Holtby looks to be regressing. Crosby with his core body issue looks
to be in worse shape than Bergeron now. Malkin
will be 34 thus year.

Even TB with Stamkos dealing with core body injury issues is impacted.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass

I don't disagree with your point about high end
forward talent below the parent club. However
they have a top 5 D corp that has a 22,23, 23 and
& 25 year old in the top 6.

Rask appears to be capable of elite level goal tending with Halak (I would overpay by 500K to keep Halak) through 2022-23. Honestly, its much easier to win with
very good team D, than a team trying to outscore
its mistakes.

Pastrnak, DeBrusk and Kase is a good base of young
top 6 F wingers. Coyle to me is their #2 C right now, but only
top six center under 30.

Hope Rask is good friends with Barkov as he might be
the only true #1C available in FA soon.
If Boston can sign him they would be in really good shape in the next 3-4 years.
Is San Jose in this spot they are in because of bad contracts handed out that they can’t get out of or overall bad drafting. Sure I understand move DK at the end of the year their might be a market for him . They might eat a little of the contract. If not he stays here no big deal. All done moving first rd picks or taking salary. They want the player your taking the whole contract. Of course free up money and sign someone else. I also have no problem keep him as well. It’s only one more year. What’s done is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad