Player Discussion David Krejci VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
they've only struggled because they've been giving him 3rd/4th liners and hoping for miracles.

Give him anyone with a shred of talent and he thrives with them.

He made Lucic a 30 goal scorer.
He made Horton into a playoff goal god
Washed up Iginla scored 30 with him

I love Bergeron, but its not a coincidence his great 8 year run has been the same 8 years that Marchand has been glued to his hip. Talent and consistent linemates matter

Lucic, Horton and Iginla all played the body very effectively allowing Krejci to float more in the zone which suits his style . None of the recent wingers fit that style - maybe Kase to some degree . If they want to play a heavy game with wingers who dig pucks and win corner battles then Krejci can be an asset. Using speedier guys like Jake, Kuhlman, Studnicka, Bjork even Pasta with him is counter productive to what Krejci is good at. Its much easier to find speedy/skill type players than big bodies who can score. Bruins need to decide how they want to build for the present and future , while I loved Krejci and what he brought to the team I feel its time to move on. We can't let sentiments get in the way of reality otherwise we'll end up with 5 40 year old players on the team .

Reactions: lxndr

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Krejci will not turn 35 until after next season.

Every time Ondrej Kase had a good to great scoring chance it was on a pass from Krejci

If Cassidy is going to continue to allow his most skillful set up pivot not have either of the two 100 point wingers just trade him and get Riley Nash back

save some money and help Jacobs recover some losses

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Every time Ondrej Kase had a good to great scoring chance it was on a pass from Krejci

If Cassidy is going to continue to allow his most skillful set up pivot not have either of the two 100 point wingers just trade him and get Riley Nash back

DeBrusk — Bergeron — Pastrnak
Marchand — Krejci — Kase

It does make a lot of sense.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019

You can say that about most non-elite wingers who won't create chances on their own. This is why I like Krejci away from the speedier guys like Jake and Kulhman they have the ability to drive the net, its just in most cases they don't. They need to sever the reliance of multi pass plays and utilize their speed not slow them down.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
DeBrusk — Bergeron — Pastrnak
Marchand — Krejci — Kase

It does make a lot of sense.
Yup - I bashed Cassidy over Knight for years

came around on him - thinks he’s smart, charismatic, but he defers to much to the Holy Core

I like your lines but I’ll take any combo that splits them up

how about we deal DeBrusk-+ for Gudreau

Gudreau-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Marchand-Krejci-Kase

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You can say that about most non-elite wingers who won't create chances on their own. This is why I like Krejci away from the speedier guys like Jake and Kulhman they have the ability to drive the net, its just in most cases they don't. They need to sever the reliance of multi pass plays and utilize their speed not slow them down.
Agree on DeBrusk separation

I like DeBrusk with Coyle

which of Marchand or Pastrnak goes better with Krejci

Reactions: Grimey

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

I also think the Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak line plays 5 on 5 like they think they are on the powerplay. It works against weaker and less experienced defensive teams like Toronto and Carolina, but once they face an elite team like Tampa, they get shut down.

I think the most logical thing to do is put Pastrnak with Krejci. Then you have Marchand - Bergeron who have chemistry and can play with pretty much anyone on their RW and Krejci and Pastrnak. It spreads the offense and makes two lines viable. The Krejci line can see more offensive time, and the Bergeron line a 50-50 split. Kind of like how Claude rolled his lines back in the day. I wouldn't mind seeing a Kase - Krejci - Pastrnak line. Kase has played some LW in Anaheim, and I think it would work.

Cassidy just needs to stop being stubborn and make the change :laugh:

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Agree on DeBrusk separation

I like DeBrusk with Coyle

which of Marchand or Pastrnak goes better with Krejci
I would say Marchand as he's a gritter player than Pasta , though with Pastas elite one-timer I feel he can play with anyone.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Yup - I bashed Cassidy over Knight for years

came around on him - thinks he’s smart, charismatic, but he defers to much to the Holy Core

I like your lines but I’ll take any combo that splits them up

how about we deal DeBrusk-+ for Gudreau

Gudreau-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Marchand-Krejci-Kase

I don’t know, Dan. I love Gaudreau but that lack of size would be evident. I also get nervous seeing Johnny G drop so much in production when the games get turned up.

Reactions: chizzler

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I don’t know, Dan. I love Gaudreau but that lack of size would be evident. I also get nervous seeing Johnny G drop so much in production when the games get turned up.

really it doesnt drop that much. He has 2 good runs and 2 bad playoffs that drag down his overall playoff PPG.

but he does have runs of 9 pts in 11 games and 7 pts in 10 games. Still below his regular season ppg, but not too far off

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
DeBrusk isn’t exactly Tom Wilson. They will add Frederic, Studnicka, and Lauzon full time soon and all three play physical.

Gudreau is 27 and with Pastrnak 25 you have to high end skilled forwards

if he got 80 points the price is higher

I want the 2019 Columbus Bluejackets balance as a blueprint but the Bruins need to address skill

they don’t have any forwards under 30 other then Pastrnak who are high offensive skillsets

they need to get him

remember they got Frederic Studnicka & Beecher coming on offense all at least 6’2”

they can add a skilled munchkin who’s got a track record

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
DeBrusk isn’t exactly Tom Wilson. They will add Frederic, Studnicka, and Lauzon full time soon and all three play physical.

I want the 2019 Columbus Bluejackets balance as a blueprint but the Bruins need to address skill

they don’t have any forwards under 30 other then Pastrnak who are high offensive skillsets

they need to get him

remember they got Frederic Studnicka & Beecher coming on offense all at least 6’2”

Yes, yes they do. No matter how physical the team is, if you only have one line that reliably scores, you're sunk. Too easy for those guys to get keyed on and shut down/contained, or if they have an off night . . .

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

they need to get him

love that point. Also Curtis Hall is a big boy. I can see that vision clearer now.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I thought he was brilliant in the playoffs, and I really liked Krejci and Kase together. They could really use a Coyle type presence in the corners and in front. What a perfect fit Kreider would have been with those two. Brandon Saad would also be a good fit, giving them a big body to offset all of the dangle and dish the other two bring. That would allow you to put DeBrusk with Coyle (who have played great together), and start building that DeBrusk-Studnicka chemistry that's going to be important in years to come.

Marsh - Bergy - Pasta
Saad - Krejci - Kase
DeBrusk - Coyle - Studnica

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I thought he was brilliant in the playoffs, and I really liked Krejci and Kase together. They could really use a Coyle type presence in the corners and in front. What a perfect fit Kreider would have been with those two. Brandon Saad would also be a good fit, giving them a big body to offset all of the dangle and dish the other two bring. That would allow you to put DeBrusk with Coyle (who have played great together), and start building that DeBrusk-Studnicka chemistry that's going to be important in years to come.

Marsh - Bergy - Pasta
Saad - Krejci - Kase
DeBrusk - Coyle - Studnica
Great call - Saad has to be available

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
My educated guess is both Krejci and Rask after season sign 2 year extensions
Any worry Seattle swoops in and over pays either one of these guys to come out west?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
love that point. Also Curtis Hall is a big boy. I can see that vision clearer now.
Sweeney like us all would like to have some redos (I got pricey appetizers last Saturday that weren’t worth it)

but you have to have a plan

1. high end goalie
2. Defense that can defend, skate, and transition at a high level (where Chara kind of bogs down at 43 but with Krug leaving I get it)
3. Centers who have size, skate, play 3 zones
4. Wingers who can score

my take of where he’s at

1. Swayman & Vladar signed but works with Rask at least another year minimum
2. All pieces in place - another year of Chara while all those under 25 age D develop and they get a look at Krug replacement hopeful Jack Achan in Providence
3. Looks strong but needs the two headed 37-46 while the Studnicka, Frederic, Beecher, Hall etc get more experience ~ Coyle huge get as cover boy for blueprint

4. where it’s screwed up ~ Pastrnak a grand slam homer but neither 2015 winger has taken the step - DeBrusk absolutely could be but jury out

forget Barzal if they had Connor, Konecny, Boeser even Beauviller they are crushing the plan

DeBrusk needs to be the solution either himself stepping up or being traded for a dangerous offensive player like Gudreau

You want a balanced team that can move the puck, be tough down the middle, a couple of stud wingers, and a bottom 6 that is your personality. Coyle, Kuraly, Wagner, Studnicka, Frederic, Kuhlman (his IQ hockey off charts) and Ritchie I believe can be very good third line if he’s a step quicker.

Nick Ritchie needs to report in excellent shape and do some type of skate training to work on quickness and short space play - I’m far from done with him but he needs to get better~ and we can all get better at least that’s what I’m told by my manager, parents, wife, and I assume my dog when she barks at me and I’m ‘what the f*** do you want?’ It’s probably that

Last edited:
Reactions: BruinsFanSince94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad