Player Discussion David Krejci V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
8 goals and 15 assists in last 22 games

who says he needs better wingers to be successful... he seems capable to me of helping his linemates get better {and honestly for 7 mill he has to do this to earn that paycheck}

anyone feeling like trading him if he keeps up this play?

maybe all that talk of moving him if we signed Tavares sank in and made him realize if he does want to stay... we need him at this level. the dude has the talent to do this. it just require a hard steady competitive focused effort and get rid of those sleepwalker shifts/games we saw too many of the past few years

this krejci weve seen the past 22 games is nearly on par with Bergeron [remember the days when the krejci line was called number 1 and he used to get more icetime than Bergeron... it really was a thing}

when krejci is at this level... I like our chances to outplay the top 2 lines on any team we meet and that includes Toronto, Pittsburgh, and Washington.

Reactions: Dr Hook and Emerz

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
He's on his game right now. I have no complaints. I do think having Bergy as a number one center in front of you is a tough act to follow

It's easy to get thought of as a significantly lesser player in that regard. Krejci is solid as he is. I just hope he stays healthy. He literally is still the only guy to NOT have gotten hurt this year off of the original starting roster, right?

Would be pretty cool if he played all 82 games!

Reactions: TwineTickler

HellFish89

Sep 28, 2018
Fun to see what Krejci can do with competant wingers !!! Hope Debrusk stays awake for the rest of the season.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
What keeps and has kept David Krejci out of the conversation for 'elite centres' in the NHL now and his entire career is consistency. He's playing like an elite centre right now, but he will come back to earth as he always has. My only hope is he gets hot in the playoffs .

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Cehlarik likely riding shotgun tomorrow, better make it count kid or me thinks a call to the farm may happen if not

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
What keeps and has kept David Krejci out of the conversation for 'elite centres' in the NHL now and his entire career is consistency. He's playing like an elite centre right now, but he will come back to earth as he always has. My only hope is he gets hot in the playoffs .

Hasn't come back to earth in 66 games this year. We'll see if he keeps this up, but he's been playing his heart out all season.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Only one Bruin on this roster who has led playoffs 2 times in scoring and its Krecji.He will be ready.

Reactions: BMC and KrejciMVP

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Krejci still on pace for 71 points this season. His career best is 73 back in 2008 (IIRC) and I'd love to see him break that this year. The guy gets a lot of crap from fans and the media, so to quietly go out and have a career year would a nice middle finger to all those folks. If Boston can keep Heinen on the #1 line (or upgrade that spot), I think a line of DeBrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak could give teams fits. What would Krejci's numbers look like playing with a potential 40 goal scorer in Pastrnak and a potential 30 goal scorer in DeBrusk. I mean you'd have to think he could have 50 points easy on assist alone, no?

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Boston fans have been spoiled with 2 great centers. I remember years ago when Detroit was losing in the playoffs, Babcock explained that Bergeron and Krejci were in their prime, and Datsyuk and Zetterburg were past it in their 30s. Makes me cringe to hear that 30 is "old".

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
He's definitely one of the underrated Bruins of my time - number 9 in all time Bruins points, but playing behind Bergeron really has overshadowed how amazing of a career he has had. I would love for him to retire only having played for the B's, but suspect he isn't re-signed (unless he takes a big pay cut) after his current contract.

I'm really looking forward to see what he does in the playoffs this year.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Remember when people said he wasn’t even a 2C anymore :laugh:

Honestly complete and total idiots

well, this "idiot" felt, along with many others, that DK could bring more and bring it with far more consistency. As we watch his game this year, an argument could/can be made us "idiots" weren`t necessarily wrong

Reactions: WhalerTurnedBruin55

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
well, this "idiot" felt, along with many others, that DK could bring more and bring it with far more consistency. As we watch his game this year, an argument could/can be made us "idiots" weren`t necessarily wrong

There’s a difference between wanting more and arguing that he wasn’t fit to be a #2C anymore. I completely understand the former, but thinking he isn’t at least a #2C is ridiculous especially if you look around the league

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
There’s a difference between wanting more and arguing that he wasn’t fit to be a #2C anymore. I completely understand the former, but thinking he isn’t at least a #2C is ridiculous especially if you look around the league

or just look at the motley crew of wingers he was given the last couple seasons

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

It`s been quite some time since I think many here have been critical of DK. I`ve long been a fan of his but also a frustrated one, regardless of the wingers he was given, there appeared to be a complete lack of focus from DK, not quite the same battle in his game. While he`ll never be a bruiser out there, he`s also never been a player who hesitates to engage along the wall and quite honestly, over a 2 year stretch, I didn`t see it from him and it frustrated the he** out of me and I think others but I`ll let them speak for themselves.

Now, this year we saw DK come off a summer where no surgery/recoveries required which had to help and from game 1, DK took no games off and I`ve done my best to make sure I come here and recognize it but I`ll tell you what, I for one was a fan who more than once offered to drive him to the airport, just thought he was playing like he didn`t care.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Can’t believe people wanted to trade this guy. Love me some Krejci.
Well, like someone else said, maybe it was the fact the front office was blatantly looking for better options (as in Tavares), that lit a fire under him.

Or maybe it was something else. Whatever it was, we've all reaped the benefits of a rejuvenated Krejci, so no complaints here.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
or just look at the motley crew of wingers he was given the last couple seasons
How about we just look at Krejci and give him credit where credit is due this season. I think it's a fair statement to say his play this year is better than it has been the past few seasons, and I think we can all be happy with that, yes? He stepped it up. I think it's a disservice to blame/credit his wingers for his play. Obviously they are part of it, but when Krejci is on, he makes them better.

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
As I've said elsewhere I think this is the first time in years that DK has been 100% healthy and stayed 100% healthy. Add some decent wingers to his line and BANG! He is playing like the DK of 2011.

And I have no worries about the playoffs- hurt or healthy DK always brings it come playoff time.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
As I've said elsewhere I think this is the first time in years that DK has been 100% healthy and stayed 100% healthy. Add some decent wingers to his line and BANG! He is playing like the DK of 2011.

And I have no worries about the playoffs- hurt or healthy DK always brings it come playoff time.
Heck, this season he has been awesome with or without decent wingers. Dude has been incredible and playing lights-out. Crazy to think what his stats would look like if Jake hadn't gone on his sizeable cold streak and there was a star at RW.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Well, like someone else said, maybe it was the fact the front office was blatantly looking for better options (as in Tavares), that lit a fire under him.

Or maybe it was something else. Whatever it was, we've all reaped the benefits of a rejuvenated Krejci, so no complaints here.

Someone should start bumping posts our fans have been ridiculous towards DK despite the fact he always checks in with a solid point total despite mediocre linemates and nagging injuries. This is the best hes looked in 5 years but hes been the same guy that entire time.

Reactions: KrejciMVP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->