Player Discussion David Krejci. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
It seems obvious that DK's greatest strength is his passing ability so it's not surprising that he produced better with Pastrnak and Marchand.

As far as not trying, I don't see it but maybe I just see what I want to see.

No matter how you look at it, we need one of the "kids" to step up and/or trade for a winger who can score.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Got it. So when Bergeron doesn’t play with top 6 wingers, his lack of production isn’t his fault, it’s his wingers, but when DK plays with lesser wings it’s his fault.
no. Bergeron has no bypass. don't care if he is à selke Def. Centre at .69 points Per game. I want DK to care playing or not with top wingers. I want Boston to won games. I want them to won from à Bergeron goal, à DK goal and or Kuraly goal. again misunderstanding what i am saying

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
He has an 800+ career games to go on. We know what David Krejci is. I don't think anyone is blaming him. He's not the reason they have no secondary scoring... In fact, I'd argue he is their secondary scoring and does need help. I'm pretty sure everyone is in agreement there? Is anyone suggesting he suck it up and make do with Nordstrom?

The offensive inconsistency will be there whether he's playing with DeBrusk/Nordstrom or Pastrnak/Marchand though. People who don't see him checking in and out are oblivious IMO. It doesn't matter who he has played with though out his career, he goes though long stretches were he's barely engaged. Playing with Pastrnak and Marchand might mask those inconsistencies some, but they will still be there.

The guy is approaching old age in hockey years. This is the end so getting him help is essential now. If only 3 quarters of the Bruins roster could approach inconsistency we be in much better shape

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
It seems obvious that DK's greatest strength is his passing ability so it's not surprising that he produced better with Pastrnak and Marchand.

As far as not trying, I don't see it but maybe I just see what I want to see.

No matter how you look at it, we need one of the "kids" to step up and/or trade for a winger who can score.

Lots of great pass first players on Bruins history. Look at Savards numbers with and without Kessel. They need a good winger

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
To a degree, yes. But have them carry 4th liners? Given the bottom 6 is a complete black hole, the expectations for the top 6 have to be a lot higher than other teams.
Debrusk, Heinen, Bjork, Donato all young players with warts or not fully a top 6 player yet. If the team is willing to live with the growing pains, and not expect them to be finished products, I see nothing wrong with that.

Match 2/4 of them with Bergeron/Marchand or Pastrnak/Krejci and I really don't know if the are that much of a detriment to either line.

The bottom 6 is a whole other issue, but this is the Krejci thread, so speaking of his linemates, I think Krejci/Pastrnak should be able to carry any of the 4 players I mentioned (especially Debrusk, who more of less holds his own as of now).

Reactions: LSCII and nords1995

Five Hole

The puck stops here.
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2004
Southern New England
I feel like the most recent expression of the "effort" meme is beyond ridiculous, particularly with regards to his last 4 games. The entire line up has suffered offensively with the shuffled deck. I just don't see the change in his effort or any other visible disinterest. I must be wrong, I usually am, but to my eye he is hustling just fine.

I thought at times last game that he and DeBrusk were starting to find their way. Now we just need one of these other young players to figure out a way to contribute from the other wing...

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Hes bergys linemate.
Alot of the posters were saying split Marchand and Pastrnak to stretch the offence. Pastrnak on DK wing.... with Debrusk... again following your opinion, it ain’t enough cause you were saying that there is no chemistry between DK and both these player. So, what you were asking in the previous posts and discussions was to add Marchand and Pastrnak on DK wing so that he can produce at a point per game.... conclusion DK needs two elite wingers to have success..... not only one! That is what is said on this forum.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Alot of the posters were saying split Marchand and Pastrnak to stretch the offence. Pastrnak on DK wing.... with Debrusk... again following your opinion, it ain’t enough cause you were saying that there is no chemistry between DK and both these player. So, what you were asking in the previous posts and discussions was to add Marchand and Pastrnak on DK wing so that he can produce at a point per game.... conclusion DK needs two elite wingers to have success..... not only one! That is what is said on this forum.

Make your own opinions.

Reactions: nords1995

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i dont wanna split marchand and pasta. those are the only two players we need together. those are the guys that make the first line dominant.

i still believe krejci should go to line one in between marchy and pasta.

and i woukd give bergeron a game or two to see what he can do with debrusk and maybe donato at rw. seeing how we havent even tried it yet.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
i dont wanna split marchand and pasta. those are the only two players we need together. those are the guys that make the first line dominant.

i still believe krejci should go to line one in between marchy and pasta.

and i woukd give bergeron a game or two to see what he can do with debrusk and maybe donato at rw. seeing how we havent even tried it yet.

That’s what I want to see as well. Donato is the closest currently to complete a top six, sad as that may be.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
is it just me or do Krejci and Debrusk have not much chemistry? Debrusk looks like Rick Nash style who creates chances with his speed down the wing/going on defenders 1 vs 1 & really doesn't need/benefit from Krejci's playmaking skills

Reactions: Mainehockey33

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
So, Celahrik will make the second line going....He must be having a heck of AHL season and Bruins management must be blind!

From Mark Divver:

Cehlarik has put together a good stretch with six points in the last six games, including 1-1-2 on Saturday. He is now second on the team in scoring with 5-15-20 in 28 games.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
is it just me or do Krejci and Debrusk have not much chemistry? Debrusk looks like Rick Nash style who creates chances with his speed down the wing/going on defenders 1 vs 1 & really doesn't need/benefit from Krejci's playmaking skills
I agree and have been beating that particular drum since last year.... but that doesn't mean they can't play together. I think if they had a RW they meshed with really well it could work.

It actually reminds me of the Pasta situation. People say Krejci and Pasta don't have great chemistry but put Marchand on the left and that line is dazzling. Replace Marchand with DeBrusk and that line is a dud.

I think either pair could work but there has to be chemistry with that third amigo. It's not as simple as putting three talented guys together.

Last edited:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
OT: I think that^ concept (chemistry) offends some here and I don't know why. Even Sidney Crosby, arguably the best player of his generation, doesn't mesh with everyone. He has no chemistry with an elite goal scorer like Kessel but meshes really well with energy guys like Hornqvist and Rust. Marc Savard meshed beautifully with Glen Murray but had no chemistry with Michael Ryder. Bergeron can play with almost anyone but struggled to produce with Jagr...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->