Signing(s): David Johnson signs extension (3 years, $39 million)

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Hopefully he stays healthy.... and does not start producing until after tomorrows game :p

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
The local take here is he looks completely healthy and good to go in camp / preseason.

Seems like a reasonable deal on the term and AAV when you consider all the factors.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This is the final year of his rookie deal, so it’s good for him to get the security. It’s basically a 2 year extension with the option of the team to cut him before year 3 if he doesn’t perform. Some dead money for year 3 but nothing crippling.

iGetThatBread

Mar 18, 2018
He hasn't done anything in years. Cardinals got taken to school on this one, David Johnson is absolutely useless.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He'd have gotten a Gurley sized contract had he not been hurt... still a solid deal for him tho.
For DJ he was a day 3 pick so he’s making under $1 million per year. He’s coming off a broken wrist so he’s weighing security over a bigger deal. He’s in year 4 of his rookie deal so this extension at least sets him up financially.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
For DJ he was a day 3 pick so he’s making under $1 million per year. He’s coming off a broken wrist so he’s weighing security over a bigger deal. He’s in year 4 of his rookie deal so this extension at least sets him up financially.

That was exactly mt point - due to injury he missed out on a Gurley-sized deal but still managed to get a huge guarantee so good for him.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That was exactly mt point - due to injury he missed out on a Gurley-sized deal but still managed to get a huge guarantee so good for him.
Gurley was also the 10th pick in his draft so he’s made more money in year 1 of his rookie deal than DJ would his entire rookie contract. So, DJ needed to get security now. I’d do the exact same thing.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Gurley is also a superior player.
Seems like from a couple of your commentaries on player contracts that you are anti-labour when it comes to these guys getting theirs. They literally put their lives on the line just so you can be entertained and deserve every single penny of every single million dollars they make. Shaking my head.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Seems like from a couple of your commentaries on player contracts that you are anti-labour when it comes to these guys getting theirs. They literally put their lives on the line just so you can be entertained and deserve every single penny of every single million dollars they make. Shaking my head.

Is this your attempt at a gotcha? I stated that Gurley is a superior player. Nothing about contracts.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad