NFL: David Irving suspended again

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
It's too bad he's so talented but can't get out of his own way
I don't blame him at all. The NFL's policy towards marijuana is a joke. They allow players to use addictive painkillers but don't allow them to use marijuana to deal with pain. It's beyond ridiculous.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Actually the only joke is the fact players would rather smoke and party then have NFL career

NFL policy is fine and players who ignore it have only themselves to blame for throwing away careers

Reactions: Dominator13

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Actually the only joke is the fact players would rather smoke and party then have NFL career

NFL policy is fine and players who ignore it have only themselves to blame for throwing away careers
No, the policy is stupid and needs to be scrapped. I'm a fan of good football. I want to see the best players on the field. I don't give a shit if guys smoke pot, and I'm not alone. The NHL and NBA don't care if their players smoke pot, and their fans haven't complained about it.

If you're a fan of the NFL, why would you want to see good players held out of the game?

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
a stupid policy is still a policy. And Irving and others are stupid for ignoring it and still smoking knowing that they can be suspended for it as long as said policy remains in place.

Tons of jobs still test recreational drugs such as weed.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
a stupid policy is still a policy. And Irving and others are stupid for ignoring it and still smoking knowing that they can be suspended for it as long as said policy remains in place.

Tons of jobs still test recreational drugs such as weed.
There are also still dry counties in the South. Doesn't make the rule any less dated and dumb.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
When you sign an NFL contract, you are agreeing to follow it's policies. No sympathy for anyone who threw their career away by being unwilling to do so.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

Smoke and party? Have you even read his comments about it. He wants to be able to use it to deal with pain instead of taking hydrocodones that are much more dangerous than marijuana. Do you have any idea how many thousands(maybe millions) of people have had their lives ruined by painkillers?

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
There are also still dry counties in the South. Doesn't make the rule any less dated and dumb.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but that doesn't mean you can go around breaking it and still expect to play.

Fight to get it changed, why also keeping your piss clean until if/when you succeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->