David Hale

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by CrossCheck, Oct 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrossCheck

CrossCheck Registered User

Home Page:
    How has he played so far?

Anybody could guess his peak as far as point production and comparison for an NHL d-man?

2. D.Legwand

D.Legwand Registered User

i didn't see to much of him last year. i do remember him and nodak and he was a stud, but something happened to him there. i heard he left because his mother was sick, don't know if that was true, or what happened. he looks like a solid young defensive d-man though. probably not gonna pile up points. i wouldn't think 20 - 25 a year and a +/- around +15 +20 could easily be expected, and a top 4 d-man/ penalty killer. plus they already have some players there, so for now his offensive numbers won't be to high.

3. Jason MacIsaac

Jason MacIsaac Registered User

NWO RCN
    I am stuck on Hale. He shows flashes of being a #1 or #2 stud defensive defensmen then he also shows why he may end up a #4. He is apparently playing tough/physical in the AHL right now.

4. D.Legwand

D.Legwand Registered User

i didn't think he or martin would stick last year, i thought maybe for a while then to the ahl.
    :banghead: lol

5. Brodeur

Brodeur Registered User

He played alright last year, I probably would have preferred him being in Albany. I suppose it didn't help that Paul Martin was also a rookie blueliner, so I kept using Martin as a barometer for how Hale was doing. Martin was much more apparent and comfortable than Hale, but I suppose that might be due to them having very different styles of play.

At this point, I'd figure Hale's potential to being a very quiet 2nd pairing defenseman who won't put up that many points. Something like a Colin White, Sean O'Donnell, Ruslan Salei type.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.